Ask the Staff!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Ask the Staff!

Postby pastel. » Fri May 30, 2014 5:32 pm

To: any/everybody;
How would you feel if we
had a UR Toilet Paper? c:

four ;;
____ _ _ ____ _ _NO WIND FLEW
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
QuizTradesPetsUFACoding
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
pastel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Fri May 30, 2014 5:59 pm

I'll do some, even if I am sort of new. xD Hope you guys don't mind~
Skipped the ones pertaining to making pets or having a custom since I've done neither. <3 And I changed formatting for neatness.

• Kasscada
    If you could create a new type of pet/item on Chickensmoothie, what would it be and why? :)
I've been wanting more hat styles for a while. xD More fedora/trilby choices, a paperboy hat, things like that!

The first pet I clicked on was the green winged second gen, and I kinda wanted one of my own. cx So I joined to get it and have a place to store the codes, and I stuck around for the animals.

Species? The lions, unicorns and zebras. :B I've always had a soft spot for lions, since I was a little kid and fell in love with The Lion King, that hasn't faded. The unis amuse me greatly because... well, they're unicorns. xD What's not to laugh about. And I adore the zebras because my previous fursona was a quagga - I found that, at the time, it best suited my personality and zebra pets were as close as I was going to get to having Soni on my account. :B
Individual pets? The Rose Litter. They were my dreampets back when I first joined, since I'm a rose gardener in my free time. c:

• Bramble- claw
    to anyone - if you had to design a advent - or UR' pet- fruit - or mostly anything- what would you most likely design? C:
    also to anyone - what is your fav. thing to do offline? Like activitys - meaning anything outside of online stuff C:
1. UR Morimo moss ball. I've got two of my own, David and Dean, and they're fun little guys to care for. cx Either that or a pineapple, since I'm the best person I know when it comes to picking out the ripest, sweetest, most amazing pineapples on the shelf.
2. I garden, knit, artify all over the place, and read. ^^; Knitting, especially, is fun for me, even more so when combined with my love affair with Sculpey modeling clay. 8D I knit things like cosplay getups (I have a tan trenchcoat in the works at the moment) and things that have practical purposes (I knitted a little pocket thing for my knitting needles and tools, so they're not just floating around in my yarn box).

• Beatus
    Do you have any real life pets? If so, please tell us their names and show us what they look like! ;3
Yesyesyes I do~
Winchester, Bunny and (unofficially; don't tell my mother!) Berkeley. <3

• Rockylin
    What events, updates or other things do you remember that you have enjoyed most or been most excited about on CS through the years when they were introduced, and why?
I'm always excited for the holidays. I love Easter and the CS birthday since it's so close to my own, I love the Hallowe'en event because I love the themes of the pets and items, and Christmas? A present every day for twenty five days? Can't tell me to not get excited over that! 8D

• pastel.
    When you first became a mod, did you feel like you were treated with more respect?
I could write an essay on the effect of the colored name on the user affected and those around them. Since I was just announced today, I won't write about becoming a mod - but when I first became Fanart Archivist? Sure, a lot of people gave me some respect, but others... not so much.

• ♥rabbit4ever1♥
    What animal did you most want when you where little and do you have it? c:
I was a silly child and wanted large, wild animals, like lions and dolphins. xD Later on, I at least toned down and decided on large dog, or something like that, and then I decided I wanted a crow. I do not have such things, and doubt I ever will, but I shall always dream!

• Shadowflight13
    Do you feel like before this thread was made you were approachable? Honestly, I've always kind of viewed the staff as untouchable gods/goddesses(still do, heh heh). Do you guys still view yourselves as regular users, and try to interact with everyone that way, or would you rather just interact with the other staff and your close friends, and not be bothered by everyone else?
I've maintained an open-door policy since... oh, goodness. Since I really stepped into the spotlight on the boards back in 2012, I suppose? Way before I became FA. So I started out being this friendly little poofball, and I still am, so I'd like to think I'm approachable, yeah. c: I love talking with anyone and everyone, though random chat conversations sort of... well, I don't know how to continue them and they just turn into awkward silence. xD So, if we find shared interests? I could talk with anyone for ages on the topic. 8D

• A Random Moustache
    What was your first reaction when you found out that you were accepted as part of the team?
I don't think too much of myself, so (both times) I had to read and re-read the thingy a few times, then saved it just in case I needed to re-read it again later to confirm that I wasn't in some crazy hallucination. xD

• pastel.
    How would you feel if we had a UR Toilet Paper? c:
I honestly wouldn't be surprised. xD Though, I'd hope the final stage would just be an empty roll and not... well. ^^;
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Phagocytosis » Fri May 30, 2014 6:00 pm

To Bentley :

How was your expression when you found out you were a moderator? XD

(lol had to edit because my auto correct always corrects the 'Bentley' name cx.)
Phagocytosis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Fri May 30, 2014 6:08 pm

A Random Moustache wrote:To anyone:
What was your first reaction when you found out that you were accepted as part of the team?

I couldn't believe it. I wanted to tell everyone right away, but I couldn't since it hadn't been officially announced yet. Came at just the right time too, one of my rats had passed away that morning and I was feeling a bit sick. Coming home to find a message from Tess in my inbox was crazy shocking and made my day.

~•*NightFlyer287*•~ wrote:To anyone:
What's it like being able to get your own unique pet made just for you?

It was pretty cool, still is. My husband doesn't understand what's so great about it, but the day I got my custom I was bouncing around the house for hours afterward

pastel. wrote:
How would you feel if we

four ;;

Well that would be interesting xD
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Fri May 30, 2014 6:14 pm

♥chuwy♥ wrote:
      To Bentley :

How was your expression when you found out you were a moderator? XD

(lol had to edit because my auto correct always corrects the 'Bentley' name cx.)

I can't really put this in words all that well. xD How do wordify quick and messy emotions? This is a pretty close match for the majority of it:
[Edited in a better gif. Much more suiting. c:]
Last edited by Desmond on Fri May 30, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby salmondragon » Fri May 30, 2014 6:34 pm

To Anyone:
Did you ever invite any siblings and friends who joined or vice versa? (Did any of your friends/siblings invite you to join?)
salmondragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandle » Fri May 30, 2014 8:21 pm

Beatus wrote:
      To: Everyone

Do you have any real life pets? If so, please tell us their names and show us what they look like! ;3

I have two absolutely gorgeous little fur-balls; Chinche (we just call her Bee though) and Toto.

Sky Kimimota wrote:To anyone: What is your favorite species to create adoptables for? (Sorry, not sure on the best way to word this DX)

If you haven't ever been a CS artist, what species do you like the most?

The only pet I created was my staff dog last year, and that was traumatic enough! I'm not very artistic haha. But my favourite species to adopt would have to be the second gens or the rabbits/bats during events. I love second gens because it's great to see the unique outcomes that the artists create from existing designs and the whole new level of depth they can create. Their creativity bamboozles me heh heh.

♥rabbit4ever1♥ wrote:To: Everyone/anybody

I really wanted a pet pterodactyl because I thought turning up to school on one would be fantastic fun, but alas I don't think my childhood dream will ever come true...unless I find Jurassic Park

Shadowflight13 wrote:To Everyone:

Do you feel like before this thread was made you were approachable? Honestly, I've always kind of viewed the staff as untouchable gods/goddesses(still do, heh heh). Do you guys still view yourselves as regular users, and try to interact with everyone that way, or would you rather just interact with the other staff and your close friends, and not be bothered by everyone else?

Disclaimer: I am not calling you guys uppish or anything, just curious. c:

I hope I've always been approachable, and never come across as untouchable :c I view my position as staff as someone here to help, so it would be pretty redundant for me to come across that way. I love to help people out, and I promise I'm really just a giant dork, but yeah. I'd like to think i've always been approachable. If I haven't been then someone should definitely let me know so I can try and change the way I come across!
Pandle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Verdana » Fri May 30, 2014 8:32 pm

Fire. wrote:To: Anyone

When you first started, what pet did you want the most? c;

This one. First ever dream pet ^^

Beatus wrote:

My noodle lives at home with my parents now, but I have a border collie named Barbosa (after Captain Barbossa). I've had him since I started high school and he's my favourite person in the whole wide world.
Covered in wyrms
On my bed
He is really patient

His best buddy is my sister's dog, Fletcher. He's a Jack Russell, and he always smells like feet.
Fletcher on my bed
He is always manic

Rockylin wrote:To everyone: What events, updates or other things do you remember that you have enjoyed most or been most excited about on CS through the years when they were introduced, and why?

(Me myself for example, have loved when a new (recurring) species have been introduced! And when the horse art were going to change recently, honestly, have been waiting for that since yulynh's lineart came around. I also appreciated when the wishlist were introduced, made CS-life so much easier.)

Heck yeah! 2009 Halloween event was my first ever event, and it was so great! I didn't get all of the pets, but I did get a blood PPS, and that was when I knew I was hooked. Also the 2009 advent happened. I remember lying in a tent in a field on pony camp, scrolling down my first phone with internet (it was my dad's cast-off, I think), collecting the daily pets.

pastel. wrote:
When you first became a mod,
did you feel like you were
treated with more respect?

four ;;

Well, I started off as a General Helper, and I started to notice it then a little. It wasn't a big deal, though, and I made way more friends than I lost. When I became a mod, and then an admin assistant, I got... I wouldn't call it respect so much as avoidance. I think people think that, since I'm a coloured name now, I'm too busy to want to chat. I worry that people are scared of me. I'm not scary, and I always want to chat! So I guess my answer is yeah, kind of in some ways but kind of not in others.

Anything and everything. My parents were really lovely about letting me have pets. I had a parrot, rabbits, dogs, cats, fish, rats, hamsters, dormice (that one was an accident). We rescued small birds quite often. The only animal I really, really wanted that I never got was a horse. I still want a horse desperately.

I’d really like to think I’m approachable. I often complain that people don’t contact me enough. I really like to chat. I never find it inconvenient or annoying. I am definitely still a regular user, just a busy one! It’s a little hard for me to make contact because of all the things I’m trying to balance. I don’t think people THINK we are approachable, but for the most part I think many of us are.
That being said, I do agree with Phale on this one. It upsets me a bit when people try to be friends with me just for status.

Disbelief. Every single time. I’m still not sure how I got here.
I mean, I was thrilled, and I am honoured and proud to be on the team, but I still think to myself, ‘Tess, are you sure?

~•*NightFlyer287*•~ wrote:To anyone:
What's it like being able to get your own unique pet made just for you?

Very, very special. I worked very hard to earn Marici. I love her, not because she’s pretty or one of her, but because she stands for a lot of sweat and effort.

pastel. wrote:
How would you feel if we

four ;;

I’d laugh XD I probably wouldn’t go mad trying to collect it though, unless it was super cute.

TurtlezSoup wrote:To Anyone:
Did you ever invite any siblings and friends who joined or vice versa? (Did any of your friends/siblings invite you to join?)

My little sister did join waaaayyy back when. She never liked to be left out. I’m pretty sure she stopped playing years ago. We don’t really talk much about this part of my life.
As for friends, I am the person who got Pandle to join! Fun fact of the day: Panny and I have known each other since before I joined CS.
Verdana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sat May 31, 2014 12:35 am

Both my older(springdew482 I think) and one of my younger sisters(~Firewolf~) joined after I did. The older left for other sites because this wasn't really her style of play. The younger I think still gets on occasionally? She's pretty busy though, so maybe not. Two of my friends(giraffeasome and uhhh... I don't remember the other one) joined wayyyyyy back when, but they've both long since quit as well. I guess this kind of stuff never really was their style.
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby reynard » Sat May 31, 2014 1:07 am

Kasscada wrote:To: Anyone

If you could create a new type of pet/item on Chickensmoothie, what would it be and why? :)

Orca whales. I love Orca's. All the different color Orcas!

Clear. wrote:to anyone:
what is/are your favorite pet(s) on here?

09' Camo Dog. He was my biggest dreamie. I have one, his name is Patriot, and I love him to pieces! I also really like the Joker dog!

bramble- claw wrote:
to anyone - if you had to design a advent - or UR' pet- fruit - or mostly anything- what would you most likely design? C:

also to anyone - what is your fav. thing to do offline? Like activitys - meaning anything outside of online stuff C:

Answer to Question one:
I really like UR Toast! That would be really, really funny. I can just see it, with jam on it or something. And a face.
I also would like to see some kind of UR horse O: Maybe a UR Zorse or Zedonk or Okapi or something really, really crazy like that. Because I am crazy.

Answer to Question two:
I am an avid equestrian and student. I also roleplay on several websites, and read a LOT. I am your typical nerd. LOL.

Beatus wrote:

I have a corgi named Gwen, and a GSD/Pitbull named Scooby. They are both my precious little loves, and I treasure and squee and hug them all the time!

pastel. wrote:
When you first became a mod,
did you feel like you were
treated with more respect?

four ;;

I didn't feel like I was treated much different. A few people messaged me to say hello and stuff, but I used to get that in the past too, so I don't thank that was because I was a mod. I do get a lot more trades, but I don't really trade a lot anymore so I end up canceling about 90% (and then I feel bad about it LOL).

Sky Kimimota wrote:To anyone: What is your favorite species to create adoptables for? (Sorry, not sure on the best way to word this DX)

If you haven't ever been a CS artist, what species do you like the most?

I love love LOVE the newer horse lines that Yulynh did. I think they are phenomenal. I also really like the goats that Hekomi did for Easter. The amount of cute was not quantifiable.

I really wanted a horse. I had one for a few years (eight or nine), but he is old now so I retired him to live his days happily in a pasture getting very fat. He is a great little pasture pal now, he enjoys being social. I visit him sometimes just to see how he's getting on.

I didn't really view myself as different than regular players (and I am one of the newer mods, so that's not a surprise). I still remember being a regular user very clearly, so I certainly know that I viewed the staff as a little more aloof. However, I don't see a reason why now, as they are just players with different colored names who happen to hold different jobs. They are all kind of kooky and fun and just like the rest of the CS community! Very nice people. 10/10, would recommend them all.

Fire. wrote:To everyone:
Did you guys get to pick the color for your name? If so, why did you pick that color?

No, we don't. Our name shows what type of moderator we are. Roleplay moderators have blue names, global mods green names, admin assistants red names, etc etc etc. If I could have an option what color to make my name, it would probably be the color I have now. I think it is very pretty, a nice shade of a blue purple. It's actually similar to the color I painted my bedroom.

Panic. I had been having computer issues so I didn't get on for a whole week. Turns out I had gotten the job at the beginning of the week. I felt so bad for not responding to anything, it was really funny probably.

pastel. wrote:
How would you feel if we

four ;;

Yes. Because yes. He can have little legs and arms and eyes.
And a piece of toilet paper stuck to his little foot.

My best friend Darktaboo introduced me. She is my bestie in RL, and she was all like "you should check out this website" and I did. The rest is history XD She still plays too, its sometimes how we converse if we can't get ahold any other way. LOL.
Image]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 18 people.
I have received 14 gifts.

IMPORTANT INFO: For the description portion, you have to break up each line to fit within the invisible boundary. Try to fit it within the "page break".
reynard
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me