"The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: "The" Rares List Guide [pg. 509 gap list update!]

Postby Obius » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:54 am

I can't help but feel that the list is a little dated where demand is concerned. Ever try a Yellow Tox tier swap? It generally won't happen due to low popularity. Yet other pets that aren't even on the list will be gladly valued at a mid Sept. or greater by most users (see August PPS Lion).

Now I am not trying to dis the list or all the work that has gone into it. However I must emphasize that making a list that factors demand as well as rarity will almost certainly mean pets will change tiers more often (even daily). Trying to stabilize the pets on an inexact rarity isn't going to completely gridlock the pet over popularity spikes. Yet we keep reading why they won't get moved..

I dunno. It just feels a bit biased. And that is even more obvious with staff pets. You won't ever see a Shima above any of its littermates because it is viewed as being disrespectful to the other staff. And coincidently all store pets and staff pets have a "fixed rarity". Even though we all know most store vr's are not actually vr, they keep it like that to sell more pets. Ask yourself why a 2010 VR is still a VR when compared to a 2013 newly brought "VR" store pet. As for staff variations, the rng system is never exact. So they shouldn't just change all evenly. Run some rng tests if you don't believe me.

You can give me many examples why such and such will not move. And I'll say that doing so just completely ignores current demand. Yes you can't change the list that often. But if people as a whole value something more, we should see some changes. And of course we can always fight demand by not bidding or trading.
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:00 am

Er... store pets have a fixed rarity? Are you sure about that?:

Ricorn wrote:
DaDwarf wrote:[snip]

I've left my two cents so i won't be commenting on the rest, but i just wanted to add that all store pets are very rare regardless of how many are bought ^.^ They are rare to very rare even when 1000's are bought, and most of the 2013/2012 ones are still extremely common/easy to get. It's just a set rarity, they aren't actually that rare C:

Just wanted to clarify that this is untrue. There are no 'set' rarities anywhere on CS. The store pets' rarities are determined just like all the other pets on CS are - how many are adopted out vs how many active users there are.

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1765014&p=54992164#p54992164
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:37 am

I was always under the impression that store pet rarities were fixed until ricorn cleared that up o:

As fo yer comment about tire swaps for the yellow tox line never happening, thats not true c: ive swapped ur malks for both green and yellow toxs as well as green for yellow toxics c:

Dont forget that the shima longtail is the most wanted out of the set. Lots of hoarders, lots of people who hang onto theirs. That makes finding them harder. Doesnt mean its actually rarer. I remember gettin 3 shimas and 2 malks when they grew. For me, others where harder to get, so they are equally rare. Shima staff and malk mutant are good examples of demand being driven up super high.

On phone.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azuri » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:13 am

Blackiie wrote:
CaptainSparklez wrote:What would a joker's value be in demand?

They said they're not moving the joker again, but I have seen them go for nons now..

There are multiple post of why the ba and the joker will NOT be moved
━━━ PLEASE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ON THESE ━━━
Hello, I am Azuri.
I pretty much just run the FR Chat.

Image Image
Image Image

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
LINKS
━━━━━━━
My FlightRising
Buying art
FR Sales
━━━━━━━
▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒
▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒
━━━━━━━

HOPE
━━━━━━━
Azuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndoom » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:28 am

Blackiie wrote:

They said they're not moving the joker again, but I have seen them go for nons now..

I have seen BMD's go for Purple Toxic+,but that doesn't mean the BMD itself should be moved up ouo b
The Joker,as has been mentioned a lot of times,is already higher than he's supposed to be,and moving him higher could only cause meddling even more with demand.If it's going for non's now,imagine what it'd go for being moved,say,4 tiers higher.

Xxxx
lance | they/them
───────────────────────────
it's all we need to get better!
───────────────────────────
fr | bestie | sig art credit
houndoom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vvoland » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:38 am

vriskah wrote:
Blackiie wrote:

I have seen BMD's go for Purple Toxic+,but that doesn't mean the BMD itself should be moved up ouo b
The Joker,as has been mentioned a lot of times,is already higher than he's supposed to be,and moving him higher could only cause meddling even more with demand.If it's going for non's now,imagine what it'd go for being moved,say,4 tiers higher.

I think the jokers demand might be dying down. There is an auction for one, and the leading bid is a blue toxic.
I think its place on the list is fine for now.

its cool 2 be nice 2 each other !
vvoland

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rose; » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:26 am

is the UR dog from last Christmas on the list, am I missing it?
Or what would its approximated worth be?
rose;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrinaLestrange » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:28 am

Rose~ wrote:
is the UR dog from last Christmas on the list, am I missing it?
Or what would its approximated worth be?

It will be added to the list once demand is died down (which should be soon hopefully)
Please use the search function.
Chloe born June 2nd 2015!
Anastasia born April 23 2019!
Monroe born September 28 2023!
Beckett due November 30th 2024!
My birthday is Feb 9th!
DrinaLestrange

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoxerOwl » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:09 am

WASSAP wrote:-snip snip-

Yellow Toxic swaps do happen, just not as often as people would like. Now, as for the August PPS Lion or the July Lion, people overvalue new pets all the time, popularity strikes, and others see what people are paying for them. Let's say, at the beginning, people paid an '09 rare for it. Another person would see it and demand an '08 rare. It would jump to low advent, etc, etc. That all happened because people like to re-apply demand. There are obvious reasons why those two lions will not go on the list, not even the '09 list, as they are new and not even worth an '09 rare.

But, see, if Hekomi and all of the others who made the list ran around and changed the list daily, people would re-apply demand even more. As an example, if they moved the Joker to a Blue Toxic or around there, people would see that and jump to pay, not a Blue Toxic, but perhaps a non. Re-applying demand. This is why the list stays and everyone says demand is mixed with rarity to make the list. Others can overpay if they wish, they just need to know that the list is fair.

DaDwarf is correct about the '09 staff set. All of them have equal rarity, just the Malk Mutant and the Shima Longtail have more popularity and demand. Hoarders most likely hoard those outcomes, making them harder to find, thus more demand/popularity. But anyways, about the VR and the store pets, I understand what you mean. But, I mean, they can't make a Drink Me vr and all of the new store pets uncommon, now can't they? It would upset the balance with rarities. Now, the pets don't have a 'set' rarity, but I think we all understand that older VRs are worth more, rather than the new llamas going for a cerebus or something of the like.

Like I said before, many things will NOT be moved due to above reasons. If we move the Raven to a September, people who pay main lists for them will be all too common, when before whoever paid a main list for a Raven was crazy to do so. Some things will be moved occasionally, but everyone who made the list can't start a demand and popularity spike again. Some things will be moved within time, and just because somebody decided to pay a Sunjewel for a Joker doesn't mean we have to rush over and raise the Joker to that tier.
foxer :: any pronouns :: mostly inactive on here
DA :: FR
by B-lackhusky @ DA
FoxerOwl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:51 am

I think the jokers demand might be dying down. There is an auction for one, and the leading bid is a blue toxic.
I think its place on the list is fine for now.

FYI, That auction was placed 12 hours ago. I'm pretty sure that auctions tend to get higher bids over the course of a few days, so let's be a little realistic here and not try to spread false rumors please.

That's like saying a sundog's demand is dying down because in only 12 hours, it has a bid of one coontail, totally ignoring the fact that it's a month long auction and people don't like holding pets for that long so they don't bother bidding until the end.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me