"The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: "The" Rares List Guide [pg. 509 gap list update!]

Postby Azuri » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:15 am

F o x ♥ wrote:
LeBlanc wrote:
Okay. This made me smile a bit. Since the white bunny turned rare before the Lilac Bun, it is rarer than the Lilac. The white bunny should be put on the List, seeing as people only pay advent list for the Lilac simply because it is on the Rare's List. It makes sense, since it is rarer than the Lilac Bun.
I'm not saying by any means it should be put up to where the Peppermint Bunny is, but it should at least be placed on the lowest tier.

I got my dates mixed up. I mean to say it wasn't rarer than the Pep. Bun. I don't know, that "This made me smile a bit" makes me feel stupid. :?

nickjr wrote:And since the lilac bun wouldn't have any demand if it wasn't in the list... Well, that's the situation of the VR white bun right now, so since the lilac bun is on the list, shouldn't the white bun get the same treatment, especially since it turned VR before the lilac bun...?

Fine, the bun goes on the list.

I think one thing we need to remember is that the Lilac and other bottom teir buns (Not including clockwork) are going to be moved to the '09 list, so they are moving down

DaDwarf wrote:so, something like this then?

08 Dogs Draft wrote: Dark Faced October, Watermelon, Yin Yang Green Swirl, Royal Bobtail, Grown White Scarf dog, Blue Snowflake Scarf dog, Dark Wood Dog

Blue Spotted, Blue Light Stripe, Orange Light Stripe, Orange Heavy Stripe, Red Heavy Stripe, Red Spotted, Light Faced October, Pink Moon, Chocolate Bun, Lilac Bun, Black Dutch Bun, Grey Dutch Bun, august rats??

Orange Spotted, Blue Heavy Stripe, Red Light Stripe, Brown Moon Dog, Light Faced PPS, Dark Faced PPS, Mismatched Green Swirl, Pointy Pink Pastel, Raccoon rat

Floppy Pink Pastel, Floppy Green Pastel, Royal Swirl, Queen of Hearts, King of Diamonds, King of Spades, Queen of Clubs, Spiderwing Bwolf, Pumpkin bwolf,The 08 christmas rats*

Blue Moon Dog, Camo Dog, 3 Tailed Pastel

*Please note, the elf rat, the santa rat and the reindeer rat are on the advents list.

ShaniceWitther wrote:Hey guys, how big is the gap between the Advents list and normal rares? Ex 1 first tier advent = x09's, I think it would be great if you posted this in the first post ?

3-5 '09 rares
━━━ PLEASE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ON THESE ━━━
Hello, I am Azuri.
I pretty much just run the FR Chat.

Image Image
Image Image

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
LINKS
━━━━━━━
My FlightRising
Buying art
FR Sales
━━━━━━━
▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒
▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒
━━━━━━━

HOPE
━━━━━━━
Azuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoxerOwl » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:17 am

Blizzardclaw wrote:I think one thing we need to remember is that the Lilac and other bottom teir buns (Not including clockwork) are going to be moved to the '09 list, so they are moving down

08 Dogs Draft wrote: Dark Faced October, Watermelon, Yin Yang Green Swirl, Royal Bobtail, Grown White Scarf dog, Blue Snowflake Scarf dog, Dark Wood Dog

Blue Spotted, Blue Light Stripe, Orange Light Stripe, Orange Heavy Stripe, Red Heavy Stripe, Red Spotted, Light Faced October, Pink Moon, Chocolate Bun, Lilac Bun, Black Dutch Bun, Grey Dutch Bun, august rats??

Orange Spotted, Blue Heavy Stripe, Red Light Stripe, Brown Moon Dog, Light Faced PPS, Dark Faced PPS, Mismatched Green Swirl, Pointy Pink Pastel, Raccoon rat

Floppy Pink Pastel, Floppy Green Pastel, Royal Swirl, Queen of Hearts, King of Diamonds, King of Spades, Queen of Clubs, Spiderwing Bwolf, Pumpkin bwolf,The 08 christmas rats*

*Please note, the elf rat, the santa rat and the reindeer rat are on the advents list.

Oh, it is? I had no idea. So the white/yellow bun would be on the '09 list or the bottom tier.
foxer :: any pronouns :: mostly inactive on here
DA :: FR
by B-lackhusky @ DA
FoxerOwl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nocturnal Creatures » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:41 am

::Eridan::Ampora:: wrote:Just a quick little question about the list, with the new UR's will they be added to the list? I'm just wondering because I just got as trade for a UR ice cat and I would like to know. ^^
Thank you~

It has already been said many times that they will wait till demand goes down before placing them on the list. If you used the search function then you would see that others have asked before.
Hey Guys!
Female || Zoologist by Trade || Scottish
INTJ || Bisexual || Aries

Bird enthusiast. Come talk to me about them.

Back here after 4 years, looking for friends.

LOLO
Treats Given: 269
Treats Recieved: 117
Nocturnal Creatures

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:54 am

Blizzardclaw wrote:[snip]

I think one thing we need to remember is that the Lilac and other bottom teir buns (Not including clockwork) are going to be moved to the '09 list, so they are moving down

[snip]

... I completely forgot the add-on list existed. -hides-
In that case, should we move the white VR bun discussion over there?
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charchar2 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:05 am

I have a question, I heard that the Speckled Rats have "horrible" demand -- does that mean that they're actually worth less than the line they're on? I'm pretty sure the List factors in demand, but I wasn't sure because a offered me a September for one (and a character) and said it was because they had such "horrible" demand? ^^
I'm traveling til Friday w/ no access to my tablet!

Mostly quitting CS; I'll check messages on occasion but DA or Skype is probably a better place to contact me.
Charchar2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vintage » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:11 am

Charchar2 wrote:

I have a question, I heard that the Speckled Rats have "horrible" demand -- does that mean that they're actually worth less than the line they're on? I'm pretty sure the List factors in demand, but I wasn't sure because a offered me a September for one (and a character) and said it was because they had such "horrible" demand? ^^

Well, I did gain mine from a Cake Dog and a few other '09 rares, but that was their preferance, they liked that bid. Unless it's a high demand September, I don't think it's worth trading. And they don't have 'horrible' demand, just as they are rats, they don't have the best demand. But I traded mine for a UR Apple, which has horrible demand(As far as my auction is going) as well.
Hey there, I'm Vintage, but you can call me Vin if you prefer to do so.
DA
sdfBlueInMyShoesdfTumblr

Vintage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:13 am

Charchar2 wrote:

Yes, the list factors in demand already ^_^ When people say that rats have bad demand, it generally means that people just aren't willing to pay what the list says they're worth; they'll try to pay lower than what the list says they're worth.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benvolio Montague » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:15 am

Charchar2 wrote:

The List does factor in demand, but people often don't understand this and re-apply demand to the List, so they end up paying much more or much less than they should. Then others follow their lead and it becomes very difficult to get a fair trade involving certain pets (like the low-demand rats and the high-demand Black Advent).

Also, demand can fluctuate more frequently than the List can be updated, so the current value of the pet may be slightly more or less than what's on the List, but not by that much.
i'm not very active here anymore, but feel free to send trades and PMs; i'll still try to reply to stuff!!

[trade thread]

places to find me outside CS:
main tumblr - art tumblr - deviantart - flightrising

Benvolio Montague

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charchar2 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:16 am

nickjr wrote:
Charchar2 wrote:

Yes, the list factors in demand already ^_^ When people say that rats have bad demand, it generally means that people just aren't willing to pay what the list says they're worth; they'll try to pay lower than what the list says they're worth.

But if people pay lower than what the list says they're worth, wouldn't that mean that they're worth less, if people won't pay as much for them? X'3

thanks for your answers guys ^^
hmm, I guess I'll never be able to trade him up as I'd hoped, them ;m; </3
ah well thanks anyways x'D
I'm traveling til Friday w/ no access to my tablet!

Mostly quitting CS; I'll check messages on occasion but DA or Skype is probably a better place to contact me.
Charchar2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chouhesi » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:17 am

Vintage. wrote:
Charchar2 wrote:

Well, I did gain mine from a Cake Dog and a few other '09 rares, but that was their preferance, they liked that bid. Unless it's a high demand September, I don't think it's worth trading. And they don't have 'horrible' demand, just as they are rats, they don't have the best demand. But I traded mine for a UR Apple, which has horrible demand(As far as my auction is going) as well.

Actually it is possible to trade off a Speckled rat fairly or even for overpay. I owned maybe like 6 to 7 speckled rats. I own still 4 the other 2-3 I traded off fairly or even for overpay (I will try to find the links).
Trade 1
maybe not the best example because there are a lot "demandless" list pets inside but as far as I know rarety wise still an overpay
Im not sure if I will find the second example.
It is true that it is hard to find the people who pay fair for a Speckled rat (actually in my case they always found me) but there are people around who like speckled rats it just need some time to find them.
Last edited by Chouhesi on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chouhesi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me