The "Is this a fair trade?" Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The "Is this a fair trade?" Thread

Postby Kittytalia » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:31 pm

Kittytalia wrote:
ImageImageImage
Kittytalia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XxDragonScalesxX » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:32 pm

Iceysmoothie wrote:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=83926670&userid=820034&signature=NOi7wmvCodR0rVho8hbVuA

is this new one fair? tysm :D

This would be unfair to the other person as their side adds up to about 3 2014 rares and yours is only worth 1 2014 rare and 1 2017 rare. While the tess dragons do have better demand compared to hamsters and butterfly wolves it would still be rather unfair to the other side.
Profile pic made by Nishkii
Pixel dragon made by windwaken

ImageImageImage
XxDragonScalesxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:41 pm

Iceysmoothie wrote:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=83926670&userid=820034&signature=NOi7wmvCodR0rVho8hbVuA

Yep..., this one is nice, and for both Sides...

Your Halloween 2017 Dog is a "True" Rare, worth about (a bit more) their Green Xmas UC Wingy-Dog... (Is UC, but just-just..., was a Free Pet...)

And the 7 other UC's on their Side are OK for your Rare St Patrick Dragon, especially the Xmas 2013 UC Lion makes it good-good...!

Looks fine to me...! :D
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
(Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritthesly » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:45 pm

Im awful at understanding lists-- how is this trade?
Last edited by Spiritthesly on Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love.

Check out my art accounts!
Instagram @Spirit_The_Sly
Deviantart @SpiritTheSly
Spiritthesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:49 pm

XxDragonScalesxX wrote:

This would be unfair to the other person as their side adds up to about 3 2014 rares and yours is only worth 1 2014 rare and 1 2017 rare. While the tess dragons do have better demand compared to hamsters and butterfly wolves it would still be rather unfair to the other side.

I don't agree at all with your Analysis @XxDragonScalesxX, Rarity-wise if the Trade is Unfair it is (very-slightly) to Poster, but not the other way around..., but because 7 Pets for the Dragon, I find it very OK for both Sides...
(I would accept it if I was on any of the 2 Sides...)
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
(Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faygeleh » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:53 pm

CaptainSpank wrote:

Yep..., this one is nice, and for both Sides...

Your Halloween 2017 Dog is a "True" Rare, worth about (a bit more) their Green Xmas UC Wingy-Dog... (Is UC, but just-just..., was a Free Pet...)

And the 7 other UC's on their Side are OK for your Rare St Patrick Dragon, especially the Xmas 2013 UC Lion makes it good-good...!

Looks fine to me...! :D

Please try to avoid giving out misinformation, it can cause some confusion in smaller trades like this. this trade was unfair to them (the person who sent the trade), but good overpay to the person who received it.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "true rare" ? almost every rare from events (summer, halloween, christmas, etc) are gained through trading in tokens, which aren't technically free but still arent incredibly hard to get. (edit: ok, they are free, but you have to wait at least 20 minutes for each new banner, collect the tokens, trade them in, yadda yadda, i get it) they're still just regular rares, and should be valued as regular rares. most people go by the 1-year rule, meaning an uncommon from the year before is fair for a rare of the current year, so in this case a 2016 uncommon would be fair for a 2017 rare. their 2015 uncommon is slight overpay, theyre both casual event dogs, the purple isn't anything special-- especially as a recent rare. most people are willing to trade their recent rares for older uncommons and vice versa.

as for the rest of the trade, i would say the 1-year rule somewhat still applies, but the lion and the dragon are only a few months apart. slightly outside of the 3-month rule, but at first glance, most people would still value the lion as a '13 uncommon and the dragon as a '14 rare. if you dont care about the tiny technicalities of dates, the lion alone would be fair for the dragon, as dragons and lions both have good demand. even if you do care about the technicalities, the other uncommons easily make up the gap, even with lower demand of rodents.

CaptainSpank wrote:
XxDragonScalesxX wrote:

I don't agree at all with your Analysis @XxDragonScalesxX, Rarity-wise if the Trade is Unfair it is (very-slightly) to Poster, but not the other way around..., but because 7 Pets for the Dragon, I find it very OK for both Sides...
(I would accept it if I was on any of the 2 Sides...)

it's not unfair to them rarity wise, not even slightly. No matter how you calculate it, going by the most common trade rules of cs, its unfair to the other person. if you dont like the 1-year rule or the 3-month-gap, then most people use the 2:1 ratio. 2 of those '15 uncommons = 1 '14 uncommon, two '14 uncommons = 1 '14 rare. not including demand, just the pps caterpillers would technically be fair rarity wise.

i see the trade was already accepted, so as long as both op and their partner are happy with it, its not a big deal. but other people use this thread for reference, so i thought it'd probably be good to clear up miscommunications here ^^ ;
Last edited by faygeleh on Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
🐾 ⚧️⚣✡ - HE/HIM - TRADE 🐾

BDS, bdnaash, JVFP, Help Palestine,
Daily clicks for Palestine (and more),
Ecosia, 4Ocean, Tom's shoes

pfp and sig art both by me
faygeleh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oscurio » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:55 pm

Faerin wrote:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=83923766&userid=711966&signature=0TYd0z7cFskM4rGpuTepAw

Fair?

Is this fair rarity and demand wise?
┌─────┐

└─────┘
── ᴜɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ, ᴜɴᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴ
┌──────────────┐

Hey there, my name is Voven!
She/her pronouns|Previously Faerin
Commisions : Open
cr:keir; - My th - CStm - DA

└──────────────┘
Oscurio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nobxdy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:58 pm

Faerin wrote:
Faerin wrote:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=83923766&userid=711966&signature=0TYd0z7cFskM4rGpuTepAw

Fair?

Unfair to them
Your side = 1.5 '09 rares
Their side = over 5 '09 rares
adult . male . loser
Just because you see a smile,
don't think you know what's hidden underneath.
nobxdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faygeleh » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:01 pm

Faerin wrote:

Fair?

Rarity wise, it seems pretty unfair to them. A 2016 store pet is worth a late '09 rare, and a '17 is worth an early '10 rare. Technically, just one of those horses and any 1 of those dogs would be fair, as the staff pets are most likely just going to be common or vc so it wouldnt add much rarity wise. Demand wise, horses and ponies can be extremely hard to trade off, and bwolves arent all that much better. However, Malk collectors will often overpay for those pets (even lower demand pets, like fish) and all things considered, it's still pretty large overpay rarity wise. The angel cheetah has some decent demand, but this is still a good offer. Demand is relative and its up to you on how you value the demand of both your side and theirs, but this isn't a bad trade by any means.
🐾 ⚧️⚣✡ - HE/HIM - TRADE 🐾

BDS, bdnaash, JVFP, Help Palestine,
Daily clicks for Palestine (and more),
Ecosia, 4Ocean, Tom's shoes

pfp and sig art both by me
faygeleh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups