Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby DisabledLlama » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:15 am

What absolutely irritates me, is when you send a trade to someone, and they cancel saying something along the lines of, 'Oh, that one pet is another trade.', when the rest of them are up for grabs.

Hasn't anyone ever heard of the edit button?! :evil: :evil:

/rant

Image Image
DisabledLlama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FeatherTail » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:27 am

Today I got a couple trades that just made me roll my eyes.
In one they offered a bunch of common pets from this month and last (all of which I already have).
The message was:
hi
ive heard you have really cool pets and you do

What the heck??
(The trade was auto-canceled because they had traded away the cat named 'lafter' -- spell much?)

The second trade:
A bunch of really common pets from the last few months for some of my older pets.
Their message:
well?????????????????

:roll:
(This one was also auto-canceled because they had traded away one of the pets).
.....................................................................................................................
.....................................................................................................................
FeatherTail

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Khemo » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:35 am

FeatherTail wrote:Today I got a couple trades that just made me roll my eyes.
In one they offered a bunch of common pets from this month and last (all of which I already have).
The message was:
hi
ive heard you have really cool pets and you do

What the heck??
(The trade was auto-canceled because they had traded away the cat named 'lafter' -- spell much?)

The second trade:
A bunch of really common pets from the last few months for some of my older pets.
Their message:
well?????????????????

:roll:
(This one was also auto-canceled because they had traded away one of the pets).

You must be FAMOUS! O: That's kinda creepy."I heard you have nice pets! o:" From who? I'd be getting paranoid users were casing me out or something. xD

And it seems like you've met an Inpatient Panties! o: If they keep trading away pets offered in your trade. (I didn't know they could do that. o_o) And they seem rather rudely persistent. If it's cancelled, it's cancelled. Maybe they needed a why.
Khemo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iPawki » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:40 am

trophamus wrote:
LalalaButters wrote:
trophamus wrote:My friend just got a trade..

Them: Vixen advent Lioness

Her: Very rare August 08 rat

tee hee when she messaged me aboit it i just started laughing! :lol: its like just because she's only been here a while, it doesn't mean she's stupid!

because ive been on here for a litlle while longer she always asks me about trades, and when she just started out, she was getting ridiculas (sp?) ones! she hadn't even posted anything 0.0 its hard to think that some people purposefully go round preying on newbies :(

PFFF ... someone did that to my friend too!
She doesn't have any posts, an avatar or a signature, that's why she kinda looks like a newbie.XD
She doesn't know anything about rarity, so she always asks me.
So, a few days ago, she got a trade:

Their side: Two November 08 Dogs
Her side: UR Apple

When I saw the message, I was like 'WHAT?'
I mean ... seriously!
This is not even close to be fair. -_-

but i bet they get away withit most of the time, my friend said she considered accepting it! :roll:

Yeah, that happened to me. It was so annoying. A four dice uncommon pony for a rare purple egg hunt bunny. XD
iPawki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:47 am

Lionpaw123 wrote:
Yeah, that happened to me. It was so annoying. A four dice uncommon pony for a rare purple egg hunt bunny. XD

Yeah that happened my two daughters and me as well. Same person got all three of us good just a few days after we joined. I had no idea what I was doing yet and gave away nearly all of my Pumpkins and Dragon Eggs to a certain person for nothing more than a Very Common Sept Button Dog. The kicker is that I could have adopted that very same dog the month we joined but I wasn't sure of how the site worked yet and didn't realize that I was supposed to adopt every single pet available. My younger daughter was so upset a few weeks later when we realized the mistake we'd made trading with this person she actually cried over it. Those Pumpkins ended up being pretty common after all but it was the way this person we traded with works that still burns me to this day. I mean, yeah I'll go around and trade current pets off of new members but I don't ask for a dozen newborns for a single cheap common pet of mine in return. I try to keep it fair and actually help new members out instead of take advantage of them.
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mmmcoffee » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:07 am

^ To be fair, no one knew what the dragon eggs WERE when they were released in October, so it would've been impossible to know rarity, species, etc. Plus, except for the gray dragon, the copper and green dragons are still quite common. I wouldn't say that you were cheated or anything. ;)
Pet's name: Inno and the Muse
mmmcoffee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iPawki » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:25 am

Katt66 wrote:
Lionpaw123 wrote:

Yeah that happened my two daughters and me as well. Same person got all three of us good just a few days after we joined. I had no idea what I was doing yet and gave away nearly all of my Pumpkins and Dragon Eggs to a certain person for nothing more than a Very Common Sept Button Dog. The kicker is that I could have adopted that very same dog the month we joined but I wasn't sure of how the site worked yet and didn't realize that I was supposed to adopt every single pet available. My younger daughter was so upset a few weeks later when we realized the mistake we'd made trading with this person she actually cried over it. Those Pumpkins ended up being pretty common after all but it was the way this person we traded with works that still burns me to this day. I mean, yeah I'll go around and trade current pets off of new members but I don't ask for a dozen newborns for a single cheap common pet of mine in return. I try to keep it fair and actually help new members out instead of take advantage of them.

Yeah, I PMed the person about how funny I thought that is, and I found out that they had actually been kinda new too and they didn't know that a four dice pony wasn't worth the rare bunny. XD I didn't really mind, though. :) But taking like 12 pets is just unbelievable.

EDIT: When I first joined in like March, I didn't understand that the hay bales were going to turn into pets. So while I tried to figure out what the heck that was, people were adopting it, and I missed the brown horses. XD

I just got a trade fro a person asking for my extra Eat me dog. which I'm only willing to trade for a Drink Me dog. The group name is clearly labeled, 'NEVER FOR TRADE." I wonder if everyone on this site is able to read... XD
iPawki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Khemo » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:25 am

Lionpaw123 wrote:
I just got a trade fro a person asking for my extra Eat me dog. which I'm only willing to trade for a Drink Me dog. The group name is clearly labeled, 'NEVER FOR TRADE." I wonder if everyone on this site is able to read... XD

Read maybe, comprehension skills? Can't say much for that. xD
Khemo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby answrs » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:15 am

Because of course I'm going to accept that...T_T

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii39/_lucky_kid_/sadne.jpg

I guess it is partly my fault; I asked them to edit in what they'd want for it...
After 11 years of seeking, I finally obtained my all-time dream on October 1, 2020 ;w;

answrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:03 am

Someone has been annoying me for ovr an hour. I understand when new members offer unfair trades, but...

First, they offered their advent cat for a 2nd gen I had a lot of. I accepted. Then, they sent a ttrade with another advent cat and a common Malk dog. I accepted. Then, they sent 2 Hanukkahs and an Advent dragon for 3 of last month's dogs. I accepted, wondering why they were trading me all their advents. Then, they sent me this trade:

Their Advent PPS dog (That I have three of)

for my April Fool's cat that's in an auction. I canceled, sayinng "She's in an auction, and that's not fair." They sent a new trade, with the same pets. I canceled, saying "Once again, this pet is in an auction and not for trade." They sent the trade AGAIN, saying "so wat? u hav 2 of dis pet".

-sigh-

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery