Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby JadeiteWren » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:55 am

-3B- wrote:It could be they were looking for a certain date or ID number, but that's just ridiculous. At least say something if you're going to do that...

I say the ID number because I saw somone who wanted to swap a CS anniversary tri-tail for another of a different ID number because it would split up their set of Grinners and annoy them to no end. :?

That's something I would do if I ever wanted to organize my pets by month XD *wishes we could organize our pets in the groups*
|| I used to be xX-Callisto-Xx, Jaded Avaritia, and Jaedeite. ||
JadeiteWren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostboy » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:02 am

Today, someone sent me a trade asking me for 4 rare pets. They obviously didn't read my rules, so I was going to cancel it. I pressed "edit" instead of "cancel". Of course before I could cancel it they accept! I sent a polite PM asking them for my pets back, yet they tell me something along the lines of "trade, don't PM". So I send a trade asking her, and she cancels saying something like "I want a UR banana, or something really rare for these!" in chat speak of course! I sent her a PM saying "Never mind, I'm PMing Nick!"
She logged off before Nick was nice enough to give my pets back. (Thank you Nick!) I kinda can't wait to see her reaction from my pet's being brought back me! It ruined Christmas Eve a little bit though...
ghostboy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:05 am

lotustail wrote:Today, someone sent me a trade asking me for 4 rare pets. They obviously didn't read my rules, so I was going to cancel it. I pressed "edit" instead of "cancel". Of course before I could cancel it they accept! I sent a polite PM asking them for my pets back, yet they tell me something along the lines of "trade, don't PM". So I send a trade asking her, and she cancels saying something like "I want a UR banana, or something really rare for these!" in chat speak of course! I sent her a PM saying "Never mind, I'm PMing Nick!"
She logged off before Nick was nice enough to give my pets back. (Thank you Nick!) I kinda can't wait to see her reaction from my pet's being brought back me! It ruined Christmas Eve a little bit though...

It's good to hear that you got your pets back. Something just like that happened with one of my Tess's 19th birthday dogs, but the owner was kind enough to give it back.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Khemo » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:10 am

lotustail wrote:Today, someone sent me a trade asking me for 4 rare pets. They obviously didn't read my rules, so I was going to cancel it. I pressed "edit" instead of "cancel". Of course before I could cancel it they accept! I sent a polite PM asking them for my pets back, yet they tell me something along the lines of "trade, don't PM". So I send a trade asking her, and she cancels saying something like "I want a UR banana, or something really rare for these!" in chat speak of course! I sent her a PM saying "Never mind, I'm PMing Nick!"

Doesn't it sweeten Christmas Eve a little more too, though? I remember a while ago I traded away my ornament PPS for a trade I wanted to cancel, but I accepted. Luckily the person was nice enough to give it back.

And I can't wait for their reaction either. xD If there's any PMs, I hope we get to see them.
Khemo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostboy » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:12 am

Khemo wrote:

Doesn't it sweeten Christmas Eve a little more too, though? I remember a while ago I traded away my ornament PPS for a trade I wanted to cancel, but I accepted. Luckily the person was nice enough to give it back.

And I can't wait for their reaction either. xD If there's any PMs, I hope we get to see them.

You will, don't worry about that.
ghostboy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Turq8 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:45 pm

lotustail wrote:
Khemo wrote:

You will, don't worry about that.

we will?! yes!! *fistpump* 8D
(Possibly) Back after a long hiatus!
If you have any questions or need help, feel free to ask me, I'm always happy to help!

Turq8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Liongirl Mew » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:53 pm

Ok so earlier someone wanted my PPS elf pup. They wanted to give me two pets I already had. AND I have no pets in my for trade group. :x Everyone does that just because I have uncommons!
Liongirl Mew

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:08 pm

*bashes head on the keyboard*

I HATE it when people don't know the value of a pet!

Seriously. Like when someone says "I'm only trading his pet for rares"

I offer some Oct 08s, stuff not everybody still has, and the user thinks it's a bad trade because they're labeled 'uncommon'

They're pets from well over last year thankyouverymuch. They're pretty darn rare. Or someone who insists that because both pets say 'uncommon' that it must be a fair trade despite the fact mine is a Jan 09 and thiers is an Oct 09.

*headdesk**headdesk**headdesk*

Sometimes I really wish that feature was never put in. Some people don't bother to keep up with CS's economy and use the rarities as a know-all.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JadeiteWren » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:27 pm

-Firestar- wrote:*bashes head on the keyboard*

I offer some Oct 08s, stuff not everybody still has, and the user thinks it's a bad trade because they're labeled 'uncommon'

They're pets from well over last year thankyouverymuch. They're pretty darn rare. Or someone who insists that because both pets say 'uncommon' that it must be a fair trade despite the fact mine is a Jan 09 and thiers is an Oct 09.

Sometimes I really wish that feature was never put in. Some people don't bother to keep up with CS's economy and use the rarities as a know-all.

I like the rarites cause it helps me know what to offer. Cause I traded extra 08 advents for some crappy uncommon pets I thought were rare back when I was newer x_x
I just think the pets need there month and year also under them also.
|| I used to be xX-Callisto-Xx, Jaded Avaritia, and Jaedeite. ||
JadeiteWren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Khemo » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:32 pm

-Firestar- wrote:*bashes head on the keyboard*

Kay, I'm a little guilty of underestimating uncommons. :< I definatly see uncommon as a fair step from rare and such (I think of it like a step up from common, but still pretty plentiful. Maybe I need pointers), though I get the idea that early 09's are much different than later ones. Sometimes I'll offer on an August 09 instead of one from January, depending on what I'm trading.

Not taking 08 uncommons is pretty dumb though, I agree. I may go for 09 uncommons, but 08 uncommons I haven't taken unless they were offered to me.
Khemo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me