Guide to CS Rarities *update in progress*

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Guide to CS Rarities

Postby Dreamsofcrows » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:30 pm

Lennie wrote:
Dreamsofcrows wrote:So I've been on Chicken Smoothie since 2014, and while I'm no 2009 joiner to the site I still consider 7 years under my belt no small feat.

That being said...

What the heck is a non?!

I've seen people pricing (ex) list pets as '1.5 nons', '.75 nons' etcetera, but what is a "non"? A non mainlist? A non version of a specific dog (i.e. Non sunjewel, non coon tail, etc)? In the years I've been on and trading on this website the definition of a 'non' has never been clear to me.

I hope it's alright that I'm offering an answer ^^;
    In the most literal sense of the term "non", you're right with your idea of it being associated with specific dogs, though as it applies to general trading values the term goes a little further in meaning:
    A majority of the trading terms commonly used on the site now are from the discontinued rarity list.
    A "non" serves as a baseline value in trading (along with the terms sorb/sorbet & MA/mid-advent)
    ✧ The term non comes from four particular dogs from July 2008 - the non-swirl, the non-jewel, the non-coon, and the non-tag
    ✧ The term sorbet/sorb comes from this litter from July 2008 [the four outcomes are pink, yellow, green, and blue]
    ✧ The term mid-advent comes directly from the discontinued rarity list. While the list is no longer considered a primary pet value resource (as it is outdated and there were contentions about the accuracy of pet placement in the list), the term is still utilized for the category of pets once included in/around the tier 7 category* of the list in terms of general value
    [It is worth clarifying here that MA value pets are not limited to just the pets in this tier category - this is just to highlight where the name originates from / *If you have seen people refer to a pet as a t# advent, the acronym comes from this tier system]

A general guide commonly seen in pet worth threads now breaks the terms down as:
    1 non = 2 sorbs = 10-12 mid-advents (MAs) = 100-150 '09 rares
    1 sorb = 0.5 nons = 5-6 MAs
    1 MA = 7-8 '09 rares

Loelya breaks down the terms non and sorb in the Demand Data Cloud thread with some of the history behind the pet values which I would recommend reading if you want some more information ^^
    demand data cloud - "value of a 'non'/value of a 'sorb'"

Since you mentioned it, the term "main list" is also from the discontinued rarity list, as is the term "september list" which you may see being used as well~

Also this is a small note but I figured I should mention it since I happened across it earlier today - the image link for the White Shima Wolf on page 2 leads to a "404 Not Found" error ^^

This is the most precise explanation I've ever seen about the terminology and worth. Thank you so much! It also helps me calculate exactly what I would need to have in trade value to get the OMGSRs on my wishlist. I'll definitely be keeping this post for the future!

ImageLOCK YOUR NFT/NEFT PETS IF YOU DON'T WANT OFFERS. SIMPLE AS THATImage
Dreamsofcrows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:59 pm

friendly bump! 💜
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
"Build-Your-Own" Editables
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:55 pm

Rarity List Update

The Plains Zebra has been moved from it's top-of-the-list position on the OMGSR Rarity List to the VR Rarity List after dropping in rarity in today's update. I'm personally a little sad to see these guys with a red tag now :c

This has made me think once again that perhaps pets without rarity fluctuations can't realistically be placed on their "lowest possible tier", since the last few updates have proven that isn't the case. While it's basically impossible to place them accurately, I do think I should change the wording on the Rarity Lists for those pets. I was thinking of stating they're "placed based on release date", what does everyone think of that? Any other suggestions?
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lennie » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:54 pm

I was genuinely surprised to see the change - it didn't catch me off guard this much for the Rainbow Mane, but for the zebra, I hadn't expected to see the drop. I do agree that this year has made it evident that rarity arrangements are more muddy than we think they are ^^;
    I think that "placed based on release date" would be a great, neutral catch-all. It delivers the information that is made available to us, which is all that we have to go off of for the rarities of a number of these pets. c:
|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|2.
|x|x|x┌─────────────┐
|x|x|x|x|they / he | trades
|x|x|x||||||||||||||cs help
|x|x|x└─────────────┘
|x|x|||"the hunt is everything,
|xand the pack is always ready
"
Lennie
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asvoria » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:30 am

Considering that if any of the other OMGSR pets would have been of a similar close position to being VR they would have turned with the other pets, I also came to understand that due to the 18th Dec roulette we can only really broadly guess where pets should be sitting regarding to their release date or previous rarity changes.
That would however mean that we'd have to completely rework the list for each "year-period" in between the Re-release events and only work with those yearly rarity updates and fluctuations for an accurate up to date rarity placement... It would be really interesting to see if there was a pattern in rarity fluctuations for some pets that kind of repeats each year.
However those always-OMGSR pets could practically be sitting at the top of the list, taking into consideration that they managed to "withstand" any re-release without changing their rarity even once can only suggest that there were either very few numbers of them in circulation from the beginning, so that the yearly releases haven't quite managed to raise the number too high just yet or that they were just lucky with statistics and happened to be released fewer by chance during the years.

I went a bit off tangent there with my thoughts, I actually just wanted to support the suggested wording, we really can have no idea where those pets sit, that never fluctuated i rarity before...
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:43 pm

I wasn’t surprised by the zebra. Compared to other OMGSR’s the zebras still have a rare chance of being adopted in the horse litters hence more can be added to circulation than the typical Dec. 18th adoption. The change could also be due to users being inactive or more users being active.
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:37 pm

Alrighty, I went ahead and updated the lists to say "by release date". Thanks for your input guys ^^
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Thu May 13, 2021 1:52 am

bump.
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asvoria » Tue May 18, 2021 2:36 am

boopey
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby soccerali9 » Thu May 20, 2021 6:09 am

I just went through the Archive out of curiosity - it looks like 2021 has yet to see an "OMG so common" pet. How is that possible? I would think I should see more OMGSC pets than rares for the year. Does that mean less members are active in 2021 than in previous years?
                  I love giving gifts so PM me if you know a deserving user (;
                  Currently watching: NCIS, Star Trek Voyager
                  I love wolves and dragons ♥

soccerali9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me