July Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: July Discussion Thread

Postby Dang It Moon Moon! » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:06 pm

thehollowqueen wrote:
ғσυη∂ιηg ғεαтнεя wrote:Everyone barely has rat newborns left, while I didn't get the adult at all. So I have only newborns. x^D

Same here. Mine are all still sleeping. :D

Same. I had to trade for a red rat.

Dang It Moon Moon!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby odin » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:05 am

Saikiyo wrote:While I will sometimes update pets before they grow, I have actually been working on these rats for months before release. I gave a big hint by saying to keep them away from the ponies/cows and a couple people guessed the theme (awesome job to those who got it!).
In my time being an artist for CS I've had lots of users guess themes or outcomes way before they grow or are obvious, some are scarily accurate... I'm always impressed by those who guess correctly, even if I don't say anything so I don't ruin the surprise! ^^
Finally, yes, these are velvet ants/cow killers. I mentioned at one point that these were based off of something I really like, while it's not specifically velvet ants they fall into this category. I really like bugs, I just think they're so neat.

odin on July 1st wrote:The rats remind me of like larva or a cocoon or something, maybe an eggsack?

Yo, I was thinking these were gonna be bugs. :D Ants are really awesome. When I have to wait for my son to get home on school days, I watch the ants on the sidewalk until he gets there. lol Maybe people think I'm weird, but they are so awesome to watch. :lol:

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

odin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saikiyo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:28 am

odin wrote:
Saikiyo wrote:While I will sometimes update pets before they grow, I have actually been working on these rats for months before release. I gave a big hint by saying to keep them away from the ponies/cows and a couple people guessed the theme (awesome job to those who got it!).
In my time being an artist for CS I've had lots of users guess themes or outcomes way before they grow or are obvious, some are scarily accurate... I'm always impressed by those who guess correctly, even if I don't say anything so I don't ruin the surprise! ^^
Finally, yes, these are velvet ants/cow killers. I mentioned at one point that these were based off of something I really like, while it's not specifically velvet ants they fall into this category. I really like bugs, I just think they're so neat.

odin on July 1st wrote:The rats remind me of like larva or a cocoon or something, maybe an eggsack?

Yo, I was thinking these were gonna be bugs. :D Ants are really awesome. When I have to wait for my son to get home on school days, I watch the ants on the sidewalk until he gets there. lol Maybe people think I'm weird, but they are so awesome to watch. :lol:

Velvet ants are actually wingless wasps ^^ (Well the males have wings) They resemble ants but they have a very painful sting which was rumored to be painful enough to take down a cow, hence the name 'cow killer' (this is false, but it is really painful)

Fun fact! I first learned about velvet ants as a child through a 'how to draw bugs' book. It's very fitting, I know.
I'm an artist and have no power in the forums. I cannot unlock, move or delete topics.

^w^
Saikiyo
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:03 pm

Ah cutie! :D (and i ended up with 4 of them, lol! :lol: )

Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gizmutt » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:04 pm

Definantly a swiss.
I do like this one better than the Jersey.
So say goodbye to the old, and hello to that rainbow road ...
Gizmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:48 pm

I keep checking back to see if we get an update. Hoping something happens tonight.
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Osleya » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:02 pm

Dang It Moon Moon! wrote:
thehollowqueen wrote:
ғσυη∂ιηg ғεαтнεя wrote:Everyone barely has rat newborns left, while I didn't get the adult at all. So I have only newborns. x^D

Same here. Mine are all still sleeping. :D

Same. I had to trade for a red rat.

Yeah
Osleya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueTrillium » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:29 pm

Obius wrote:I keep checking back to see if we get an update. Hoping something happens tonight.

If you mean the summer event, all my money says it'll be Friday night rollover into Saturday morning. Events always (at least in my memory) start on a Saturday morning rollover, plus last year the summer event started on July 22 so it's right around the same time.
Still seeking 1 each of these from April 2024 (on wishlist):
ImageImage
have lots to trade! regular trade group - wishlist trade group - and more!
BlueTrillium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lufi » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:44 pm

And pets just got the rarity! It could mean that event will start very soon! I hope! ^^
but... most of june pets are Uncommons! even GH cats :o last months we got so many uncommons... it's so weird to me :o
Last edited by Lufi on Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hocaro Kitsune » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:49 pm

LufikER wrote:
And pets just got the rarity! It could mean that event will start very soon! I hope! ^^
but... most of june pets are Uncommons! even GH cats :o last month we get so many uncommons... it's so weird to me :o

I noticed it's been like that a lot recently. Are less members adopting? or are the newer member numbers messing with the rarities? idk what is is, it was even like that for the Christmas event, more uncommons than usual
Hocaro Kitsune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me