For all us oldies..

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: For all us oldies..

Postby sapphire-rose » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:46 pm

I remember how CS was when I first joined. Mostly how frustrating it was to adopt one pet at a time. :lol: , Especially when I learned about multiple outcomes. I actually created a little website just to hold them all. I loved the art then and still love the monthly adoptables to this day.

Oh and I also remember the original layout and how surprised I was when I saw this one for the first time. Of course I also remember those infamous chatrooms. I never participated but they seemed like quite a handful!

As for the forum, well I didn't get on much when I first came here. I mostly just adopted pets once a month and occasionally visited every few weeks to see any new growths. I didn't really become curious about the other features until around October of 08.
"Reason tells me that you and I are unlikely to meet again, but I think I shall not listen to reason. I have seen the world inside your head and know that all things are possible."

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Waiting for a mad man with a box

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sapphire-rose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Sherbet » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:49 pm

Oh, yeah I remember those days. I can picture the first layout for the most part XD I remember clicking the pound when it was open and racing to the pet I wanted or going to the last page and getting lucky ^^ I got a few Augusts from the old system. My first pet on the site was a Purple Bat Winged dog from Halloween since I think the others were taken down, lol.
I had the name Sherbet, please don't use it!
Rainbow Sherbet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadoweon » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:52 pm

I remember that time. I sometimes miss how it was quieter and easier to keep up with. At times it was friendlier but the new CS is still wonderful in its own way too.
ImageImage
My CS Pets
I can also be found on Wolvden & Eldemore! Want to add me? Just send a DM.
shadoweon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chianya » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:16 pm

I remember when the trades and auctions were done on the same forum - now that was a busy forum :what:

I remember when we still had a low enough amount of members that Nick and Tess could feasibly post a birthday list without killing the forum's load time.

Ahh, the good old days ;)

~Chianya
From Chianya to mods: I am transferring my pets to AiraSkylar (http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6259) since the pets will really help Aira (formerly Jhey) to create a CS helper organization. If you want to double check this with me, find me on Aywas at Chianya (#12264). As of March 21st, 2012, this account is permanently inactive - I just do not know how to delete it.
Chianya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sizacu » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:33 pm

I think I'm an oldie P:
Joined in October '08.

I remember having to adopt one pet at a time, too xD Instead of clicking a lot, I'd press and hold the Enter button. After I was done holding it, I checked my pets to see what they were xD
I remember another time when I left for a few months because it wasn't really my cup of tea, but then a friend made me join during the advent calendar. We had a party when I adopted a banana.
I remember the old layout~! It was a green colour, iirc.
But I left for half a year because I forgot about CS last year, so I guess I haven't been able to see the craziness of the RBM :c
For every effect there is a root cause. Find and address the root cause
rather than try to fix the effect, as there is no end to the latter
.”
- Celestine Chua
Sizacu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solfeggio » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:13 pm

I remember when I first came on CS, there were no accounts yet so you had to bookmark your adopted pet. I adopted two pets -- a birthday present and a 2nd gen -- and the next day I checked on them, saw them ungrown, didn't see the point in keeping it up, and abandoned it. XD

Then I met my friend Cervas who told me I could make an account to hold my pets, I signed up and she gave me a complete October collection. XD

I remember when the adoption limit was first implemented, it was during the November card dogs adoption time -- I'd managed to adopt a million before the hour the limit was implemented. If not I probably wouldn't have gotten a joker. XD

I remember I was the very first user to post a drawing on the oekaki! 8D -proud-

I remember when I learned how to trade for rares so that I had a lot to spare in my trading groups. XDDDDD CS taught me pretty much a lot on how to research and be resourceful~

I remember the day when all the November dogs suddenly grew up -- all at the same time -- because of a glitch 8D
when first i appear i seem mysterious
but when explained i'm nothing serious

{ characters · art shop }
Solfeggio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dawulf » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:12 pm

I remember staring at the July '08 babies on the adopt page and thinking "hmm... should I adopt one or not? ...nahhhh" and how much I regreted that when I finally joined. I remembered how awesome I thought the 2nd Gens were and how I adopted those first. Then the November card dogs.

I remember having to go through Tess to adopt from the Pound.

I remember how excited and honored I felt when Tess talked to me for the first time. Seriously, that like made my day. XD

And the old layout.

I also remember when you could go to Nick and he would move all your pets from before your account to your account.

And when The free adopt board, the art board, and the trade board were the same thing. That was hectic. I also remember how October '08s were virtually worthless. And you could adopt multiples (of course I didn't REALIZE it until it was too late! XD)

I remember how nice and friendly EVERYONE used to be. I miss that. D:
Image Image
Dawulf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:14 pm

I remember getting my pets added to my account xD I still have one with no adopter on, its so funny.
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Adelle » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:32 am

Nighthawk wrote:I remember when the old butterwolves, 2nd gens, warriors, tess horses, and card dogs flooded the free adoptions threads. Now a lot of them are rares... O.o

Bahahaha. I know. XD I like, gave away all pets because I had no clue about the rarities. XD *Was a stupid n00b*

PitchBlack wrote:O, and for the wishlist thing XD. I hated having to get into photobucket and change it once I needed another pet or had to take one off, that was soo annoying x

lol I remember doing that, it was a pain. Sometimes, it was such a pain for me, that I didn't even update my wishlist for a month and everyone would be offering me pets that I had. XD

Dawulf wrote:I remember how nice and friendly EVERYONE used to be. I miss that. D:

I miss that too. D=

I also remember trading away my newborn card dog to someone who knew it was a Joker and I had no clue. And then after that, being ripped off a gazillion times from them. x.x (Ah, the days of being a n00b XD)
Note:

Taking a hiatus. Sorry, life's just busy at the moment. Dragonspirit will be taking care of my account while I am away. Dont expect to see me often or for a while.
Adelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me