Hoard Discussion Thread v.2 Poll c:

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Hoard Discussion Thread v.2

Postby dorksoup » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:18 pm

Just hit 51/100 on my Kirin hoard
A bit more than halfway now
WIN A BEANT MYO SLOT
My Deviantart
hey there I'm Dorksoup feel free to call me
Sterling, Dork or whatever honestly¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm pretty lazy for the most part im more active on
deviantart than i am on here so if you need to contact me
i suggest you send a message on there

art by Sampondu on Deviantart
dorksoup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chaoses » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:18 pm

whoa new thread already?
Everyone hoard's are looking wonderful!
Long time no post. Anyway...
I'm thinking about getting this fellow, any thoughts on it?

Also, some quick questions of you don't mind. ^^'

Code: Select all
[b]Do you have a particular pet or item hoard that you can't get enough of? Any reason or motif behind the hoarding?[/b]

[b]How long have you gone without hoarding? Reasons? [/b]
Chaoses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kboys » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:20 pm

Yay ! I have 5 munchkins already ! This easier than I thought it would be :)
Pet's name: ♥ Yuori ♥

currently working on hoards
Info
My CDFRCharries
kboys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Chomp » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:22 pm

Do you have a particular pet or item hoard that you can't get enough of? Any reason or motif behind the hoarding?
Bobtailed dogs/rose items/music items/ blood flop dog:
They're so freakign cute look at htose bobs! Plus I want to beat SPott's record (Dang I need 30,000 now!!! 8-) )/ I have a OC named Rosio so rose items are perfect/ music items becuase I LOVE msuic/ they're bobtailed dogs and they're really cute
How long have you gone without hoarding? Reasons?
Me not haording? I didn;t even know what haording was and I still hoarded xD

Hey Captain Chomp here, wanna talk, just PM me I really like making new friends on here.
-
Sweetheart
My Bae
More To come <3

Click him please <3
Captain Chomp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:29 pm

Heh go for it, I'd always say x)
Those dogs are precious, and if you like it, just try c: If you don't want them you can still put them in your trades later on *shrug*

Do you have a particular pet or item hoard that you can't get enough of? Any reason or motif behind the hoarding?
All my endless hoards?
With my Vansinn and Amb-lai hoards it's mostly because their designs remind me so strongly of stuff from my stories, stuff that is very near and dear to me. In case of these two hoards, they're both closely related to main characters, which makes them even more special.
The Mundane and the Magic is my hummingbird hoard. I knew I'd hoard these bwolves the moment it turned out they were hummingbirds. They're my favourite animals, so there was no way in Hell I would not want hundreds of them xD
Welcome to the Chromeria and Holographic Universe are hoards that remind me of 1. my favourite book series, 2. my favourite band. I have more hoards dedicated to both, but with these, the designs are just so overwhelmingly beautiful that I can't limit the numbers.
I just couldn't bear putting a goal on the Nebula Dog hoard. They're universe dogs, they're endless *verybadpun*
Annnd last but not least, my Vixens and Lightning owls. These two are hoards that I really only started because I really love the designs. But i love them so much. The owls are one of my absolute favourite designs on all of CS. And the Vixen was a dream pet of mine. Gosh, they're so precious ;_;

How long have you gone without hoarding? Reasons?
I started hoarding in late '09/early '10 with the release of two litters that I really like. From then on I've technically been hoarding ever since, although I did take trading breaks occasionally. Lately I haven't been able to trade a lot, because real life distracted me quite a lot. But I still started new hoards anyway xD
I guess the reason I started so late is because hoarding was a lot less popular (and thus I didn't hear about of it) and a lot more controversial than nowadays. I dunno. I just never considered this possibility of playing the game before.
Last edited by Shinryu on Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Chomp » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:33 pm

Okay so those BW I want to hoard...Uh yeah I only found 2 and no one is trading them >.< Why? Ugh they're so pretty and ugh I want them, but I have a total of 0

Hey Captain Chomp here, wanna talk, just PM me I really like making new friends on here.
-
Sweetheart
My Bae
More To come <3

Click him please <3
Captain Chomp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pure Dragon » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:37 pm

Ethulai wrote:
Pure Dragon wrote:Just about done sorting my hoards. Now I just need to go fix up my WL to reflect it. :/ But anyways, does anyone have advice on hoarding rare's list pets?

Patience. Patience. Patience.

...because if you don't have any, you'll give up too easily.

Also;
- make sure you really love the pet you hoard (don't be like those people who hoard certain pets because of their popularity)
- before you begin ensure you have a decent amount of trading fodder
- later on determine which of your trades were most successful and collect more of the same fodder from those trades (e.g. I have discovered that most people will give me their Tufted Blood Dogs if I have a GBC tier Advent for them in return)
- post what you want in your trade thread, Rares List Swaps, in your signature (I have a link to my hoard in mine), like Kyar has mentioned browse through the FTT and see whether anyone has the pet you want, go through random users groups.
- get to know who hoards certain Rares List pets that way if you get your hands on something you know someone wants you can enlist their help (their hoard pet for your hoard pet)

In fact, I wanted to remake this thread and post List Hoards on the second post but I didn't take into account how fast the thread moves and lost the opportunity.

Might still make a list though, what do people think?

Mmm. I should probably work on my fodder. What I'm hoarding is the Timberwolf Advent, it was my second dreamy and it would seem having just one doesn't satisfy me! xD I'm also hoarding the July Lioness, it's not a listie but people still seem to be a bit possessive over them. Anyways thank you for the advice!
Pure Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderborne » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:47 pm

This is so frustrating!! I only need one more of the Valentine's balloon dog to complete my assorted Vday dogs hoard, and now that it's grown and it has a balloon no one wants to trade, even for overpay.
thunderborne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlyingWithThePhoenix » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:47 pm

Congrats to everyone on their achievements thus far ^^
May I present number 13 of my darling hoard <3333 Not sure if I like her dress up or not...may edit it considerably
Pet's name: Dark Wood Dog- Overpay/trade-ups ONLY
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
FlyingWithThePhoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tack » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:54 pm

I just need a Libra to have another full set!

Then I'll have 30 Sets of these pretty Dogs~<33
Tack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me