*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide

Postby DaDwarf » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:21 am

Radioactive Wolf wrote:
Radioactive Wolf wrote:May I ask, are pets that changed from VR to OMGSR that are already placed above the gap on the main list still worth the same or does the rarity change make them more valuable now (for example, the nons changing from VR-OMGSR)? Perhaps it’s too early to say? Trading list pets is so stressful at this current moment xD
Thank you and apologies if this is a silly question <3

Bump ^^

As Tess herself has said, most pets will be still the same. I can def say that the nons are still worth the same as before the change. I would argue that any pet below the gap that went omg so rare def is outdated and not worth where the list puts it, but those just need to be moved up. The other omg so rares that are already at the top of the list i would say they are still worth the same.

@Lady above me, i'm sure that any pet that turned omg so rare will go WAY before anything on the current list. these new changes take priority, like the skelebunny did. That's just moving up pets on the existing list, not changing the whole list tho?
Last edited by DaDwarf on Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThunderCedar » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:22 am

Maybe take all the new OMGSRs, and bump them up to a new temporary tier while we work on placing them accurately?
ᔱ ᔲ ᔳ ᔴ
ThunderCedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Radioactive Wolf » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:22 am

DaDwarf wrote:
Radioactive Wolf wrote:
Radioactive Wolf wrote:May I ask, are pets that changed from VR to OMGSR that are already placed above the gap on the main list still worth the same or does the rarity change make them more valuable now (for example, the nons changing from VR-OMGSR)? Perhaps it’s too early to say? Trading list pets is so stressful at this current moment xD
Thank you and apologies if this is a silly question <3

Bump ^^

As Tess herself has said, most pets will be still the same. I can def say that the nons are still worth the same as before the change. I would argue that any pet below the gap that went omg so rare def is outdated and not worth where the list puts it, but those just need to be moved up. The other omg so rares that are already at the top of the list i would say they are still worth the same.

That makes sense, I had thought that. Thank you very much for your response c:
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
│████
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
┌───────┐
[ Auction ] [ My suggestion ]
[ Trade thread ] [ credit ]

└───────┘
░░░░░░░░░
█████████
░░
░░
┌────────────────
x

└────────────────

┌────────────────┐
biobiobiobiobiobiobiobiobiobiobio

└────────────────┘
██████████████████
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
██│
┌─────────────────────────────────────────┘
x

└─────────────────────────────────────────┐
Radioactive Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rotzalot » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:23 am

DaDwarf wrote:I don't quite get why the list itself needs to be completely redone? If we redo the omg so rares, isn't that exactly what this means?

Because redoing the list doesn't make much sense in my opinion, there are still a lot of pets very rare to which we don't know where they fall without all the info from previous years. These pets will still need to be 'sorted' in a way and we'd just come to the same conclusions as they are now?

what do you guys mean with 'redoing' the whole list is my question i suppose. What does it mean?

From what I can gather, people want the entirety of the list rearranged to accommodate the new rarity changes. Since there are some September and low mainlists becoming OMGSR, I think people are wanting to see an entirely new lost with said pets taking a place on the mainlist, and rarer advents taking the Septembers place.

That’s my take on it. I’m personally not a fan of revamping the entire list, I think the rarities are good where they lie (aside from the new rarity changes, of course).

But, I’ve been absent from CS for a while, so my opinion may not mean much.
        ╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

xxxxxAny pronouns
        xxxxxNeed some help? Shoot me a PM!
        xxxxImage
        ╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯
Rotzalot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby boston » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:23 am

Vickery wrote:Maybe take all the new OMGSRs, and bump them up to a new temporary tier while we work on placing them accurately?

i'm not too sure about this.
i know it is temporary but someone could make a trade that could have been very unfair to them in the future after accurately placing them.
be kind to others ♡
she/her
vet tech

ImageImage
ImageImage
boston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThunderCedar » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:24 am

boston wrote:
Vickery wrote:Maybe take all the new OMGSRs, and bump them up to a new temporary tier while we work on placing them accurately?

i know it is temporary but someone could make a trade that could have been very unfair to them in the future after accurately placing them.

at least it would be a lot closer to fair than it is now.
ᔱ ᔲ ᔳ ᔴ
ThunderCedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:24 am

Eatha wrote:
DaDwarf wrote:I don't quite get why the list itself needs to be completely redone? If we redo the omg so rares, isn't that exactly what this means?

Because redoing the list doesn't make much sense in my opinion, there are still a lot of pets very rare to which we don't know where they fall without all the info from previous years. These pets will still need to be 'sorted' in a way and we'd just come to the same conclusions as they are now?

what do you guys mean with 'redoing' the whole list is my question i suppose. What does it mean?

I assume they mean destroying the list into nothing and then placing the pets in the ''right'' places.

And what are those right places? How will you determine them? :) that's what i'm getting at. Most pets are already in the 'right' (as far as we can know) places so to destroy everything and start over, how exactly will we reach any different conclusion?

I don't think temporary placements will work, because people will just see them there and assume that's what they are worth now.

Lets not forget the skelebun was on the sept list for a while after it went omg so rare, and nobody only traded septemberlist pets for them. The list doesnt/shouldn't dictate trading and hopefully anyone with a low omg so rare will understand that they are being moved up. We can easily put a large sign on teh front stating that.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pale Verditer » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:25 am

boston wrote:

I must agree with boston. Some could think that it could be it's "correct rarity/position".
Discord: Pale Verditer#0828
Pale Verditer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pink » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:25 am

boston wrote:

I agree, I don't think a temporary tier is a good idea. I'd just recommend holding onto a pet if the rarity as changed from VR to OMGSR until they are moved higher up the list to ensure no unfair trades are made. It may confuse many players and cause some people to be upset when they are placed in their final place on the list then seeing that they were traded unfair due to that temporary tier
o---------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

I'm the girl you'd die forImage

o---------------------------------------
--------------------©--------------------
pink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady_Lycana » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:28 am

No one said destroy the list.

My thoughts are to move tier 10 and maybe tier 9 advents to tier 1 septs once the two liontails are moved, maybe move a couple tier 7s up a tier.

As for the omgsr rats on the sept list, im not sure about those. Its hard to determine what tier above the gap thise should go
Last edited by Lady_Lycana on Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Join my giveaways!
Lycana's Giveaways - April 2009 Very Rare
══════════════════════
Image/ Lycana / She/Her / Libra / Image

I see the gutter,
Feed on the foolish,
Outrun and kill the strong.
At daybreak, I roam,
Awake to who follows me.
I roam, I roam,
I am the hungry wolf.
(By: John Doe & Exene Cervenka)