Collection Discussion Thread ♡ NEW Poll!* ♡

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do you use C$ to ‘buy’ pets/items for your collection?

All the time!
17%
Yes, sometimes.
53%
No.
14%
No, I never have success.
3%
I haven’t tried it.
14%

Total votes : 1145

Re: Collection Discussion Thread V.1 ♡ Poll Finally Updated!

Postby bigfin squid » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:09 am

shouldn't have started collecting those skeleton pets from halloween. started before I realised two of them were on the list and now I'm trapped.
re-doing my signature for the new year ~ <3
groups are also under construction don't look at them
in the meantime, enjoy zael. happy halloween

Pet's name: ✦ Zael ✦

Currently working towards a complete collection.
17 WL pages left! Please send trades! c:
bigfin squid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tucawt » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:34 am

@ Megannator
This is what I traded for mine back in January of 2017, which in my opinion isnt too much of an overpay. I think you could definetely pay less than I did, but at that point I was just happy I found someone that wasnt asking for rares :lol:

@Deerless
Yeah it was very hard for me to find decent trades for them, even uncommon 2015 lions were hard to get. I've seen people offering cake dogs for the August PPS, and I was happy that I managed to get one with an advent list dog, roadkill pony and a few rares. Honestly I would recommend you keep hoarding what you love. I can't imagine going through this hassle if I didn't love the lions, so if deer and hamsters are your thing then go for it! Best part of completing a collection is one that you enjoy looking at c:

@aaron
Thank you! Yes... they were hell to get LOL. Isn't it crazy how things change on here? I remember desperately trying to trade all of my list pets for the purple toxic, since back then it was the rarest one, and now people barely offer sorbets for them. I cant wait for the new list... hopefully it makes a difference.

I actually sort my collection by species and events- as in I have a whole group just dedicated to dogs/cats/etc., and then every xmas/easter/halloween I have a group with all of the pets from that year. I find that its easier to keep track of missed outcomes and less of a hassle to organize, since you get to see all of the same pets next to each other.The rerelease problem is suuuuuuper annoying, but I find that naming the pet the year it is from does the trick most of the time, and I often taken them off my WL when I have pets so I can know which ones I miss :3
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
🎀

tucawt / she-her

hi everyone!
I've been on CS
for a while, but always
looking for new friends!

always open for trades

always open for art trades

▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
tucawt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megannator » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:11 pm

tucawt wrote:@ Megannator
This is what I traded for mine back in January of 2017, which in my opinion isnt too much of an overpay. I think you could definetely pay less than I did, but at that point I was just happy I found someone that wasnt asking for rares :lol:

Thanks! I know it probably isn't worth much in regards to rarity, but I was worried insane people will try to ask too much because they assume demand. Guys the trading dynamic on this site is crazy right now and I'm having such a hard time readjusting myself to the changes.

---

Anyway, I'm working on my 2017 collection right now. Not including holiday pets or store pets, I'm just one pet away from finishing that up. I'm having a hard time getting trades for store pets, so I may have to just go out there and send mass trades myself.

EDIT: I got the last monthly adoptable from 2017 that I needed!

Another Goal down :3
Links wrote:Wishlist
Trade Thread
Hoards
FlightRising

Currently Seeking wrote:Image
"The Stars in the Sky"
Goal: 11/20

⯏⯍⯎⯌⯎⯍⯏
┌──────────┐
ηεvεr givε uρ oη your
Đrεαϻs

└──────────┘
⯏⯍⯎⯌⯎⯍⯏
Megannator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:02 pm

Megannator wrote:Thanks! I know it probably isn't worth much in regards to rarity, but I was worried insane people will try to ask too much because they assume demand. Guys the trading dynamic on this site is crazy right now and I'm having such a hard time readjusting myself to the changes.

---

Anyway, I'm working on my 2017 collection right now. Not including holiday pets or store pets, I'm just one pet away from finishing that up. I'm having a hard time getting trades for store pets, so I may have to just go out there and send mass trades myself.

EDIT: I got the last monthly adoptable from 2017 that I needed!

Another Goal down :3

I think the trading dynamic is that everyone expects overpay now, no matter what. Overpay for a swap, overpay for new pet that has random crazy demand, overpay for all lists. Etc. at least, that’s my personal experience in everything. Definitely must be a crazy shock from coming back from a hiatus, because the trading dynamic has changed so much. How long were you gone for?

I’ve found the best way to get pets, and get them quickly is to send out mass trades. I don’t ever have luck with getting them sent to myself. =)
Also congrats!! Yay, that’s one part of your collection down!

Im missing just one pet from last year, from Christmas. A brown horse, which surprisingly has been hard to find doubles of for trade. Though I haven’t been actively searching, I suppose. ^^

@resonant even without the list ones that is a beautiful collection! I love looking at all them together like that. =)

@legoless hey congrats! That’s quite a feat! Which one are you missing?
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megannator » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:12 pm

ElementalInsanity wrote:
I think the trading dynamic is that everyone expects overpay now, no matter what. Overpay for a swap, overpay for new pet that has random crazy demand, overpay for all lists. Etc. at least, that’s my personal experience in everything. Definitely must be a crazy shock from coming back from a hiatus, because the trading dynamic has changed so much. How long were you gone for?

I’ve found the best way to get pets, and get them quickly is to send out mass trades. I don’t ever have luck with getting them sent to myself. =)
Also congrats!! Yay, that’s one part of your collection down!

I think my hiatus was about 2 years long. I would get on occasionally to collect monthly pets, and I participated in the advent calendars, but I'm missing a notable amount of pets from Easter/Summer/Halloween for both 2016 and 2017. So even though I wasn't completely gone, I definitely didn't participate in forums or trades during that time.

I think I will focus now on 2016 Monthly Adoptables (no store pets or holiday pets). Only have 5 of those to find!
Links wrote:Wishlist
Trade Thread
Hoards
FlightRising

Currently Seeking wrote:Image
"The Stars in the Sky"
Goal: 11/20

⯏⯍⯎⯌⯎⯍⯏
┌──────────┐
ηεvεr givε uρ oη your
Đrεαϻs

└──────────┘
⯏⯍⯎⯌⯎⯍⯏
Megannator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:25 pm

Deerless wrote:

But, I'm struggling a little bit already with trying to figure out which pets are lions and which aren't. There is a litter/group of 2016 store pets and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they were not only from the lion lineart, so I'd like to know which of the dinosaur 2016 store pets is actually made from the lion lineart and if I should collect it too. (Or at least attempt to collect it, there's so many lion store pets, I might start crying already hahaha!)

i was actually kinda curious about this too and i wasn't really able to find an answer anyway haha but this is what i thinkk

lion lineart

bwolf lineart

actually no idea. is it extremely edited horse or something?

...dog??

does anyone know 100% what the last two are? i'm sorting my store pets by species and these are the only ones i can't really figure out
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:31 pm

horchata wrote:
Deerless wrote:

But, I'm struggling a little bit already with trying to figure out which pets are lions and which aren't. There is a litter/group of 2016 store pets and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they were not only from the lion lineart, so I'd like to know which of the dinosaur 2016 store pets is actually made from the lion lineart and if I should collect it too. (Or at least attempt to collect it, there's so many lion store pets, I might start crying already hahaha!)

i was actually kinda curious about this too and i wasn't really able to find an answer anyway haha but this is what i thinkk

lion lineart

bwolf lineart

actually no idea. is it extremely edited horse or something?

...dog??

does anyone know 100% what the last two are? i'm sorting my store pets by species and these are the only ones i can't really figure out

I believe the third one is based off of the pony line art, and the last one is indeed based off of the dog line art.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby d-va » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:33 pm

finally started an official collection of sorts nwn

decided I want to collect all the animal eggs and their pet counter parts! so far I’m struggling more for the pets than the eggs!

bloop

so far I have 44/70 eggs which I’m quite proud of - eggs 1-12 are going to be the biggest conquest.
    now just working on matching egg to pet :3

buying store pets for C$! send me a suggestion to work out a deal! c:
almost complete rat collection auction! (612/737)

d-va

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:50 pm

@d-ca: Part of me has always wanted to do that! I have all of the animal eggs since I’m an item collector and needed them for my item collection and have nearly, but not all, of the corresponding pets, but I’m not sure if I would want to split the pets up from their correct groups.
    I do love how your’s look though!

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deerless » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:10 pm

Shian: Ah okay, I had the slight thought that one was based on the pony, but seems like the other one is! Thank you, I guess that's the one which they drew on the lion lineart.. hmm.

Crestalia: Sounds like they are.. so hard to get ö I might need to reconsider doing this.

pige.: you're right, the fennec foxes seem a lot easier to collect, but I'm not sure if I like them that much, to actually try to collect them? ;v; ugh, making decisions is so hard!

tucawt: oof. You're right as well, I don't think I should start another collection besides the deer. They are the main reason I'm here.. and I don't have that much time anyways ;v; Lions sound reallyy hard to get.

horchata: yeah, they are really hard to guess? Right? They don't look that similar to their official lines!
Hi, I'm Deerless and I am a hoarder of Deer and Dwarf Hamsters
You are always welcome to send me trades including any of those two! I love to trade! <3
I have a complete deer collection!

My Collection & Hoards Thread

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------Current Hoard Goal
------------Reach 2.500 deer in my hoard
---------------------2370 / 2500
------------------- 391 deer to go!
--------------------
--------------------
-----------------------------------