Collection Discussion Thread ♡ NEW Poll!* ♡

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do you use C$ to ‘buy’ pets/items for your collection?

All the time!
17%
Yes, sometimes.
53%
No.
14%
No, I never have success.
3%
I haven’t tried it.
14%

Total votes : 1145

Re: Collection Discussion Thread V.1 ♡ Poll Finally Updated!

Postby Scarlett. » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:32 am

aaron wrote:
    -snip-

I'm having a bit of a collection dilemma myself at the moment - I really want to reorganise my collection into species groups rather than what I have at the moment, which are groups for each month. I love to see all the pets of the same lineart next to each other, and if I did it I'd have one group for each stage of a pet per year (i.e. 2008 PPS dogs and dogs, 2009 PPS dogs and dogs etc.) and for less common linearts I'd just not split them up by year. My problem, though, is that a lot of my pets are rereleases, so for the smaller groups I'll end up with really old pets right at the start of the group - like my UR cat - and even for older ones I'll have 2008 Julies at the start of the group, which is going to make pets hard to find when I want to look at them x.x
    I could try and swap everything for truedates, but... that would take a huge amount of time, and at the moment I'd rather concentrate my energy on actually getting the last pets I need in the first place.
    Does anyone who sorts like this have any advice for this problem? I see that that organisation system is more similar to your guys' ones in general :0

if it helps, i sort my pets into species, but place list pets into a separate list
group, so the rereleases won't affect my species group & i can easily find
them! and besides, looking at all your lists in one group is so satisfying c:
╔═════════════╗

Hello! I'm Scarlett c:
● [ she/her ] pronouns
● infp // pisces // 15th march
● speaks english & mandarin xxx

❥ feel free to pm me if you'd
like to chat/need help ^_^

❝ 行到水窮處、坐看雲起時 ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

collecting deers; trade with me
if you have any on my wishlist ♥

╚═════════════╝

xx ImageImage
Scarlett.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:06 am

Scarlett. wrote:
aaron wrote:
    -snip-

I'm having a bit of a collection dilemma myself at the moment - I really want to reorganise my collection into species groups rather than what I have at the moment, which are groups for each month. I love to see all the pets of the same lineart next to each other, and if I did it I'd have one group for each stage of a pet per year (i.e. 2008 PPS dogs and dogs, 2009 PPS dogs and dogs etc.) and for less common linearts I'd just not split them up by year. My problem, though, is that a lot of my pets are rereleases, so for the smaller groups I'll end up with really old pets right at the start of the group - like my UR cat - and even for older ones I'll have 2008 Julies at the start of the group, which is going to make pets hard to find when I want to look at them x.x
    I could try and swap everything for truedates, but... that would take a huge amount of time, and at the moment I'd rather concentrate my energy on actually getting the last pets I need in the first place.
    Does anyone who sorts like this have any advice for this problem? I see that that organisation system is more similar to your guys' ones in general :0

if it helps, i sort my pets into species, but place list pets into a separate list
group, so the rereleases won't affect my species group & i can easily find
them! and besides, looking at all your lists in one group is so satisfying c:

I was just about to suggest this. That's what I do. I have my groups sorted just by species, no year involved as I like as little groups as possible, but then I have a three separate groups for listies. One of lists that are dreamies and I've dressed up,
one of lists that are dreamies but I'm too lazy to dress up, and one of the other listies. So rereleases don't effect the rest of the groups all that much.

One thing that does bother me, though, is in my dressed up dreamies list none of the litters really sit together. So my toxics are invaded by sorbets, and etc lol. Buttttt I've already dressed them up so I'm not going to try to find rereleases in the same year just to sit next to each other. I'm lazy. ^_^"
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pigeon - » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:55 am

Vixey wrote:I'm so impressed with your collections!! Meanwhile my big collections are so dead that I'm just gonna sit here and collect pet pairs that I like while I wait for the 987 items I'm missing to magically show up at my door
-snip-

aah i love this! i also collect pairs of dogs pets too!
i envy the galaxy set aha! c:

pigeon -

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deerless » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:00 am

Alright.
    So.. I might be thinking about a new type of collection I would like to try, now that my deer-themed pet & item collection is getting a little bit slow to collect right now and..

I got the strange idea of trying to collect either fennec foxes or lions.

Fennec foxes because they were my first species adopted on this site, but the UR Fennec would make it SO hard to complete. And then there's..well.. lions.
    I love their lineart and to be honest I'm not really sure if I will be able to even start this? But.. I should at least try, right?

But, I'm struggling a little bit already with trying to figure out which pets are lions and which aren't. There is a litter/group of 2016 store pets and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they were not only from the lion lineart, so I'd like to know which of the dinosaur 2016 store pets is actually made from the lion lineart and if I should collect it too. (Or at least attempt to collect it, there's so many lion store pets, I might start crying already hahaha!)
Hi, I'm Deerless and I am a hoarder of Deer and Dwarf Hamsters
You are always welcome to send me trades including any of those two! I love to trade! <3
I have a complete deer collection!

My Collection & Hoards Thread

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------Current Hoard Goal
------------Reach 2.500 deer in my hoard
---------------------2370 / 2500
------------------- 391 deer to go!
--------------------
--------------------
-----------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Deerless

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:05 am

This guy maybe?

But don't forget about the other lion store litters too....
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/archive/2017/Store%20Pets/Lion
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/archive/2015/Store%20Pets/Lion

Then there's always "collect all minus storepets" but there's still a UR no matter which you decide to do.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erythro » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:12 am

Shian wrote:This guy maybe?

But don't forget about the other lion store litters too....
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/archive/2017/Store%20Pets/Lion
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/archive/2015/Store%20Pets/Lion

Then there's always "collect all minus storepets" but there's still a UR no matter which you decide to do.

Personally the only store lions I found hard were the manticores. It didn't seem like they were super popular but I ended up getting them from a bid in an auction. I still can't find someone willing to swap a tier 4 tess horse for an advent lion and I don't have the fodder to offer on a second advent lion and the UR Lion is so far out of my reach it's not even funny. There's still a 10 lion I am after, I just can't find it lol.

Update on my collection; I have been working on adding 2017 pets I am missing and I really am not missing all that many. I just threw them all in trades at the beginning so it's just a matter of hunting them down haha.
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pigeon - » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:20 am

Deerless wrote:
    Alright.
    So.. I might be thinking about a new type of collection I would like to try, now that my deer-themed pet & item collection is getting a little bit slow to collect right now and..

I got the strange idea of trying to collect either fennec foxes or lions.

Fennec foxes because they were my first species adopted on this site, but the UR Fennec would make it SO hard to complete. And then there's..well.. lions.
    I love their lineart and to be honest I'm not really sure if I will be able to even start this? But.. I should at least try, right?

But, I'm struggling a little bit already with trying to figure out which pets are lions and which aren't. There is a litter/group of 2016 store pets and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they were not only from the lion lineart, so I'd like to know which of the dinosaur 2016 store pets is actually made from the lion lineart and if I should collect it too. (Or at least attempt to collect it, there's so many lion store pets, I might start crying already hahaha!)

from what people have posted previously on here, the fennecs seem easier to collect,
and even though they now have the ur fox i still imagine its probably easier than the
ur lion, august pps and then those two lionesses ; although it's those last three that
seem to be the hardest so if you have those i'd go for it c: i'm personally too scared
to try lions just because of the two lionesses and i'd only do off-list aha ;;

in other news, still missing those two list buns but i can't find them anywhere, and then
if i do either nobody wants to trade up or they do want to trade up but don't have anything
that would be able to fill the gap between the joker bun and the sorbet i have spare aha!
on a more positive note, all other collections are complete so tempted to start another one,
not sure which though as i don't want a massive one, like adult dogs and things so i am
completely undecided.. oh and i managed to get another mustard for my date collection!

welcome #2 to the 'get a mustard for every year of CS' thankfully after a lovely gift
this one is from 2008 and so only thirteen more to go c:

pigeon -

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:23 am

AAAHHHH!!!

Finally got this little boi. Whew.
Now all that's left are a dozen stray URs and missed monthly outcomes dating back to Oct ^_^; I think I'll work on the monthly outcomes first....
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spearow » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:43 am

I’m such an idiot oml I never should have passed these beauties up when they were in the store. I guess finding them now will make them more special. When and if that is. I was able to get my favorite of the set! So that is a start. <3 I’m worried that the clydesdale will he hard to trade for, even though they all costed the same, it looks “different” than the other three.

I really want to complete a set of them for my collection.

Omg I love her so much.

1 out of 4! Thats a start. ^^

And I only need this pupper to complete its 2012 store set. Can’t find her though. Of course I can’t find my favorite outcome thats usually how it goes xD

I’ve missed so many store pet sets this is depressing.
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
xxstatus: tired
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
xx➵ Looking for wishlist!
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby legoless » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:49 am

Officially only one Rare missing from my collection :D Everything else is VR/OMGSR
ImageImageImage Discord
CapriCoon wrote:AHH MY WORDS SUDDENLY POOFED INTO LEGO'S SIG.

legoless wrote:What sort of loser sig quotes himself?
legoless

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me