The Rarity Trade Guide

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The Rarity Trade Guide // **UR/STORE PET POLL**

Postby Solloby » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:33 pm

This probably needs double checking, but it may be helpful to you:
Each number represents the number of months the pet was OMGSR during that year.
Please let me know if you see any mistakes!

I'm hoping to make a more user friendly version of it but unsure how to approach that. But for data purposes, hopefully this helps c:
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:57 am

Solloby wrote:This probably needs double checking, but it may be helpful to you:

I'm hoping to make a more user friendly version of it but unsure how to approach that. But for data purposes, hopefully this helps c:

Took me a minute but it does help out! When I get to my computer at home I'd like to try formating this into a list version.
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .naiad. » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:11 am

Solloby wrote:This probably needs double checking, but it may be helpful to you:

I really love this : )

previously Cinder.

❤️GA❤️
.naiad.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:41 am

THIS IS NOT IN ANY WAY AN OFFICIAL LIST YET, PLEASE DO NOT REFERENCE FOR TRADING

Just like the Rare's List, most valuable at the top. This is a very rough draft, of a UR placement list based on Solloby's data given. Some pets are grouped together even if they do not have exactly the same numbers. I believe to be too specific would damage this list, and we can overlook 1-2 months difference.

Since I am only one person and I've only had one go through with the chart, I welcome any criticism! Any suggestions, questions, statements.

╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:34 am

Glad you guys like it!
I think your rarity list for URs is too granular. Given how the rarity system was overhauled in 2012, and how the chart shows each rerelease seems to impact their rarities in different ways, I am not sure you can separate a lot of those pets. Also, an UR being released later that has always been OMGSR, how do you compare it to an older UR? We can't tell if they are more or less rare. There is no data to tell us if UR Fox is more or less rare than UR Banana for example, both have been OMGSR during the same periods of time. It's tough. I think the URs are going to challenge you in ways the other pets won't.
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:53 am

Solloby wrote:Glad you guys like it!
I think your rarity list for URs is too granular. Given how the rarity system was overhauled in 2012, and how the chart shows each rerelease seems to impact their rarities in different ways, I am not sure you can separate a lot of those pets. Also, an UR being released later that has always been OMGSR, how do you compare it to an older UR? We can't tell if they are more or less rare. There is no data to tell us if UR Fox is more or less rare than UR Banana for example, both have been OMGSR during the same periods of time. It's tough. I think the URs are going to challenge you in ways the other pets won't.

When it came down to it I had to consider the age involvement in it as well. A UR Banana is older than a UR Fox, and even if there is an exact same amount of these in the game as to one another, the UR Banana has age on it's side. A 2009 rare is worth more than a 2012 rare, for example.

This was also a problem from the very beginning with every pet, not just URs because we don't have exact numbers, only the rarity bars and release dates. We can't truely say that one VR is worth more than the other, because they have been around longer. An older rare might be teetering on the edge of rare/vr and a newer vr might be closer to the omg range, but even without list we value the older pet more than the newer pet. As these URs exist for longer periods of time we can see more of their true value with fluctuating values.

╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
©

╚════════════════╝

Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:04 am

That doesn't work for URs though, as URs are only released in rereleases so new bananas and foxes are released each year. Age of release is only relevant for pets whose primary supply was their initial release afaik.

So saying a July 08 is likely rarer than an August 08 is perfectly logical, but saying an older UR is rarer than a newer UR isn't necessarily correct. For URs we just don't know :/
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:08 am

Solloby wrote:That doesn't work for URs though, as URs are only released in rereleases so new bananas and foxes are released each year. Age of release is only relevant for pets whose primary supply was their initial release afaik.

So saying a July 08 is likely rarer than an August 08 is perfectly logical, but saying an older UR is rarer than a newer UR isn't necessarily correct. For URs we just don't know :/

Then by that should we group UR Flower, UR Ice Cat, UR Lion, UR Cucumber together
The Apple, 09 Dog, UR Purple Horse and Cookie together
And everything else together?

╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
©

╚════════════════╝

Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:29 am

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Solloby wrote:That doesn't work for URs though, as URs are only released in rereleases so new bananas and foxes are released each year. Age of release is only relevant for pets whose primary supply was their initial release afaik.

Then by that should we group UR Flower, UR Ice Cat, UR Lion, UR Cucumber together
The Apple, 09 Dog, UR Purple Horse and Cookie together
And everything else together?

Theoretically, yeah... even though that's not really as helpful to users, we don't have any other data to go on. Hopefully the pet count project can be a big help here.
I would say you could put UR Cookie above the other three VRs, and maybe UR Malk could be a category down but aside from that it's really hard :c
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:38 am

I kind of agree with Solloby, while it is very difficult and I do like the placement theoretically of most of these UR’s, the amount of tiers are also worrying. I don’t believe that this many tiers aren’t necessary because it will make for complications down the track. (This pet equals this one but what’s the value of the pet the tier above it compared to this one?)

If perhaps it’s broken up into 4 groups instead might work more? Maybe?

Like:

Pets that have been only OMGSR for over 5 years (this number can change if 5 years isn’t long enough. It could also be a number that changes as CS gets older.)

Pets that have been only OMGSR for less than 5 years.

Pets that have gone to VR for a short period of time

Pets that have gone to VR for long periods of time or multiple times.

This way, it focuses on rarity more as date doesn’t really work out as much as it used to now with the rarity update. There’s been a huge discussion about it in the rares discussion discontinued list. This way also puts more value into pets that have been around longer, but it does so in a way that it acknowledges rarity first.

But I also want to add with the July 08 August 08 pet comment. For the people who voted retire, the main reason for their vote was so that the site was open market again, so you could just trade a 08 very rare from one month for another with no problems or strings attached. And I gotta say it’s been hard to actually try to do that.
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me