*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide *UR FOAL POLL* VOTE!!

Postby Takk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:21 am

The values won’t change, but the tier will just be called something else (cinnabun tier, zonkey tier, etc). Being VR the Coontail isn’t worth a ton more than the nons and I’d like to see it on the UR Lion tier just above the nons with later the Aussie, sunback and others. We might also be getting rid of some tiers and moving their values around so we’ll see! Don’t get yourself too confused since it’s better to just burn that bridge when we get there
Quitting CS, looking to sell Lists and Store pets for art
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sæter » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:23 pm

is anyone else concerned that with the standardized poll, most of the urs that are being re-evaluated are going to be moved to the lowest possible option, ur aussie tier?
he/him/his

trade me

x x x x x x x x x
x
sæter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sumashira » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:38 pm

sæter wrote:is anyone else concerned that with the standardized poll, most of the urs that are being re-evaluated are going to be moved to the lowest possible option, ur aussie tier?

I was slightly worried about this - wouldn't it be in any collector's interest to make pets valued lower so that they can become "easier to obtain"? It would be bad for people who have them and want to trade them away, but anyone who has been looking for the URs for a while may just want to label them as lower value so that they have to trade less for them. Obviously it wouldn't affect their actual value, demand, or rarity, but it does seem that the lowest tier has a wildly higher number of votes.

- -
Hi there! You can call me suma!
- -
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
- -
If you missed an outcome or you
want to paperclip, send me a trade!
- -
ImageImage
- -
frog art made for me by PumpkinCatCarnival (TH)
sumashira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:14 pm

^ I would suggest if we see that pattern happen with all the new placements of the omgsrs we’re moving up then we rerun polls?
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Aurora. » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:18 pm

ElementalInsanity wrote:^ I would suggest if we see that pattern happen with all the new placements of the omgsrs we’re moving up then we rerun polls?

Wouldn’t the same thing happen?
╒ ═════════ ╕

hello love! thanks for reading my signature! feel free to click around.

VOTE VOTE VOTE

have a wonderful day!

link! | other link!
yet another link! | ©
─────────

└──────────┘
.Aurora.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animall » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:24 pm

We should adjust the range in accordance to each pet. Calculate rarity changes of each omgsr and determine what we should provide as the lowest option accordingly. If we keep rerunning polls because we disagree with the result, then we aren’t really showing any trust for the community. We need to provide accurate options for each poll to avoid this issue.

For example, if we determine that the grapes were omgsr for longer than pets on the lowest two poll options, then we remove the lowest two options and leave the rest.

Good news is that this isn’t that hard to accomplish and we still have a “base poll” to work with.

Do you laugh about me whenever I leave?
Or do I still need more therapy?
(fake out)

↞ infj ⎯ she/her ⎯ adult user ↠

trade thread
auction thread

ImageImageImage
Animall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:33 pm

@above
Personally I don't think the poll options should change for any of the OMGSRs since we don't actually know which are more rare. With pets like the foal for example, where we have no rarity change information to even hint at what it could be compared to, how would you decide whether to run a poll with the lower options or just higher options? I truly think we just have to decide the minimum an OMGSR should be (personally I don't care how high that minimum is since we know they're the rarest pets just from their tag) and stick with a poll giving that option and up for all OMGSRs. Even if they do all end up at the lowest tier option, not that I think they all will, as long as it's the minimum we agreed an OMGSR should be is there really anything wrong with that? After all we truly don't have any idea which is rarer than the others.

ElementalInsanity wrote:@DD I think there’s only some left from what I noticed on tier 5+6 of the September list and then 6 of the advent list. ^^

And yeah I agree rascal, however with some of those tiers potentially disappearing or merging it may be best to address moving those pets first and merging tiers before that? I’m not too sure how to handle that. ^^

I agree, I always thought addressing the pets at the top that need changing first would make placing pets easier :) I think it will make it much easier for people to decide what to vote for if the top list pets are changed first

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:51 am

Yes I know, if you read my post that is exactly what I'm saying :) Many OMGSRs, like the foal, have never been VR so any guess with these is truly guessing so why give different poll options for them vs pets that have that rarity change as was suggested in the post above mine?

What I was saying is if people aren't happy with the thought of the majority of OMGSRs being moved potentially ending up on UR Aussie tier I think deciding what tier they would be happy with as a minimum for OMGSRs would be far better than running different poll options for different OMGSRs.

I thought people here were happy with UR Aussie as the minimum any OMGSR could be placed but as it seems some aren't maybe there needs to be a poll to decide what the minimum poll option for OMGSRs should be?

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Banana. » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:07 am

If the min. Tier is the Aussie, are all the OMGSRs below the tier (above the gap) moving up too?
Hello, I am
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banana.

Trading Thread
UFA
Banana.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Constellation. » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:10 am

Banana. wrote:If the min. Tier is the Aussie, are all the OMGSRs below the tier (above the gap) moving up too?

I'm curious about this, but also pets on/above that tier as well. Like the Phoenix, would that be placed higher because it's been more valuable than the rest of the pets for ages, or will it stay where it's at?
Happy Dec. 18th! Watch my risk pets grow!
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Constellation.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me