*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide *UR FOAL POLL* VOTE!!

Postby lucky333123 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:13 am

cherubim wrote:Just coming in here pretty randomly I guess, but are we going to prioritize discussing the URs that haven't been placed on the list yet? I know the current discussion is about the foal and the next in line seems to be the bengal or grapes? It'd probably be better to discuss the placement of new URs than discuss moving older pets first :0

It is harder to place newer UR’s right now because their demand is all over the place and we don’t know their rarities yet hence we don’t know even where to place them on the list. For all we know, they may be VR.
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Constellation. » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:14 am

cherubim wrote:Just coming in here pretty randomly I guess, but are we going to prioritize discussing the URs that haven't been placed on the list yet? I know the current discussion is about the foal and the next in line seems to be the bengal or grapes? It'd probably be better to discuss the placement of new URs than discuss moving older pets first :0

I can't say for sure because I came after the order was discussed but I think the reason the fox and peas (assuming that's what you mean by newer URs) aren't being prioritized is because it's hard to place them until the old OMGSR URs have been fixed. Like I'd predict that if we placed them by how the community values them the fox would fall on the Lion or Aussie tier and the peas at the purple toxic tier. However, because the list is being fixed to account for rarity more and demand less, placing the fox and peas in such places as the community dictates would be counterproductive because we're trying to put all the OMGSRs higher up the list. I think it's best that older ones are fixed so we know what we're working with before newer ones are placed.

If you mean newest URs, their rarities haven't been released and the demand is still unstable, they aren't usually placed until at least half a year from now, and we have to figure out last year's URs first.
Happy Dec. 18th! Watch my risk pets grow!
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Constellation.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:45 am

I remember the reasoning was for not doing the fox and peas yet was because of the below the gap omgsrs being very misplaced. So we wanted to get those fixed first before moving on to those URs. ^^ once they’re fixed then we will address the fox and peas, and then likely move to the omgsrs below the non tier I believe?
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:46 am

Ahh I see, makes sense. Thank you :0
and yeah I meant fox and peas, not the NEWEST urs. ^^

Postby luca. » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:25 am

I just wanted to ask when the '11 pets were added to the list and why this happened? I remember that I asked a few months ago and got the answer that they are totally not rare enough and now even the 2012 ones are on the list as well? What was the reason for this fast decision?
I only realised it because a good friend told me today that my Gryphon Hoard is now a list pet hoard and my face honestly looked like that O_o.
I'm really irritated.
♡ ♡ ♡
Hi, nice to meet you c:
Be who you are and make the world a little bit brighter and lovelier ♥

luca.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mozzy. » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:32 am

luca. wrote:I just wanted to ask when the '11 pets were added to the list and why this happened? I remember that I asked a few months ago and got the answer that they are totally not rare enough and now even the 2012 ones are on the list as well? What was the reason for this fast decision?
I only realised it because a good friend told me today that my Gryphon Hoard is now a list pet hoard and my face honestly looked like that O_o.
I'm really irritated.

There was a poll about it recently, back in Nov/Dec if memory serves me right and was decided to add the remainder of the 2011 Stores onto the List and add the 2012 ones as well.
moz | female | aedt | mozzy#1556
Mozzy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby luca. » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:39 am

Very weird that this happened so fast (and unexpected, as the people in the thread were like totally against it before), but thank you for the answer.
♡ ♡ ♡
Hi, nice to meet you c:
Be who you are and make the world a little bit brighter and lovelier ♥

luca.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mozzy. » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:47 am

luca. wrote:Very weird that this happened so fast (and unexpected, as the people in the thread were like totally against it before), but thank you for the answer.

I had a look (hope you don't mind) and you posted here asking about them in March 2018.
The discussion and poll happened over a few months, the poll itself being open to voting for 2 weeks. Searching the thread's history discussion actually started in October and the poll ended in December.
It wasn't a hasty decision, and many people put forth their opinions and ideas which is what built up the poll options. In the end the community voted to add them all to the List.
moz | female | aedt | mozzy#1556
Mozzy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:51 am

Given the gap between the first set if 2011s added and the second, I can see why you'd see it as hasty. I think it's got a lot to do with how many more people are voicing opinions here. Discussion and decisions are being made much more easily and there's a lot more variation among people.
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inksploch » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:36 am

Hi, random input/question here:

I just read the UR Foal post, sorry if this was already discussed, but I was a bit confused about how the pet moving is gonna work out accurately? It seems like there's going to be one move at a time. But they'll be moving onto different tiers determined by pets that will also possibly be moved? (Like the coontail which is very rare right now but on the same tier as a couple OMGSR pets) I was thinking that if all the OMGSRs are set to be rearranged to the top of the list (I mean above very rares), wouldn't the value for different tiers be drastically changed? (Most notably the non tier?) So if the UR Foal is moved to the Aussie Tier, and then later the Aussie is moved down, would the value of the Foal follow that? Or are the tiers just like high to low number rankings, and value isn't actually determined by the pets on the tier? I kindof just confused myself writing this, I think a better example is like if the tier the coontail is on, is worth 2 nons rn, but the nons are moved down on the list, is the tier the coontail on still worth two nons? as in the new tier the nons are on? or would we think of it as the coontail tier being worth two ur peaches, (if say, the peach switches with non tier)

this was harder than math class
Inksploch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me