*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide *UR FOAL POLL* VOTE!!

Postby Targaryen » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:09 am

TheMotleyCrew wrote:Off topic to your UR discussion, but since when has the Coontail not gone for list value? It’s been at 2 Nons for ages and I’ve never had an issue with trading it at such but twice in ten minutes two different (experienced & trusted) users told me that they don’t value the Coon at two Nons? What is it going for then? This constant flipping of demand is making my head spin. I remember when the Holly and aussie were mostly unwanted & now the Aussie is “in demand?” -sigh- I can’t keep up.

I mean, the list placement is more just a credit to the Coontail's rarity and it's flip between VR/OMGSR consistently rather than it's trading value/demand. The majority of pets above the non/aussie tier, unless of really good demand, struggles to get list placement just because of people's general preference of quantity over quality so for anyone who wants to trade-down, it's probably not worth trading for to begin with.

Not as many people seem to want to actively trade for the coon-tail as opposed to say the Zonkey or the Bee on the same tier and so are less likely to want to pay "full" value for the pet, accepting underpay as the trade might be a bit more worth it - allowing them to turn a 'profit' on the pet and thus making the trade worth it for someone who wasn't maybe specifically interested in that pet to begin with.

The coontail can definitely go for it's "list value", just so long as it's offered to someone who particularly wants to trade for it (say, missing for a collection or a dream pet) rather than searching for an easy deal. Other pets are just easier to get full value for because they're much more sought after and liked, which forces people to pay at least fairly to get their hands on it and compete with other users trying to trade.

I hope that makes sense-
Targaryen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zenzi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:20 am

TheMotleyCrew wrote:Off topic to your UR discussion, but since when has the Coontail not gone for list value? It’s been at 2 Nons for ages and I’ve never had an issue with trading it at such but twice in ten minutes two different (experienced & trusted) users told me that they don’t value the Coon at two Nons? What is it going for then? This constant flipping of demand is making my head spin. I remember when the Holly and aussie were mostly unwanted & now the Aussie is “in demand?” -sigh- I can’t keep up.

it's just users opinion/experience most of the time. personally i've traded for/off countless coontails and i see them in the same way as nons - their demand is neither good or bad and they're a nice filler pet. The only time i think people wouldn't want to trade up fairly for it is when it ends up being their only list pet, which will then take a lil patience to trade down fairly again.
[ female / techie ]

want some free
pets? -> click
i'm on and off constantly,
sorry for any unread
dms&trades : (
zenzi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TomBoyCOOLCH13 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:38 am

Just saying I have gotten this trade today for the Chesire Cat and I have been offered t7 dogs for it before so I think it should be moved up I am not sure

idk just thought I would let people know..?
TomBoyCOOLCH13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:44 am

Regarding the cerb talk we were having earlier, I found the trades I made for mine.

This was a trade I made for my first orange; 17th Feb '18

What I got for my first set; 9th March '18

What I traded for my second set and others; 4th April '18

After that last one I wasn't able to do much list trading at all, so this is all I have to offer. I can't for my life remember where I got my first red from or what I traded to get it.. hmm..
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mozzy. » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:46 am

TomBoyCOOLCH13 wrote:
Just saying I have gotten this trade today for the Chesire Cat and I have been offered t7 dogs for it before so I think it should be moved up I am not sure

The Cheshire was only very recently even placed on the List, it's just demand for the pet that's making people offer more for it.
It's pretty easy to find.
moz | female | aedt | mozzy#1556
Mozzy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:09 am

Mozzy. wrote:
TomBoyCOOLCH13 wrote:

The Cheshire was only very recently even placed on the List, it's just demand for the pet that's making people offer more for it.
It's pretty easy to find.

I found that too when I was trying to trade for one, it has been fortunate and traded well. Though it has had offers of high advents, the move to tier 1 was mostly due to it's assumed rarity alone, but the higher offers did help hasten it's move. c: Thanks for sharing!

Can someone kindly pm me and explain why my post was reported? oO
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:29 am

^ yup, the Cheshire has always had good demand and even before it was on the list it did.
It’s rarity however, or at least with its rarity and release date it was decided it wasn’t rare enough to be higher.

@myth, I guess perhaps because we aren’t looking for trades for the cerbs? Since any trade is more demand based and we aren’t moving them up? Idk....?
I do think sometime it would be nice to have a separate thread to collect all the trades with dates to have them specially in one spot, that would also keep things more organized and readily available so we don’t have to dig around for trades when we need them? Just a thought but I do think it’d be helpful.
Edit: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2062721#
Or there’s this, tho I’m not sure if that’s solely for only pets that are being searched for in the box or not?
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Banana. » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:41 am

I saw the post the poll mentions and it said if I chose the I just wanted to vote option I should share why (:

I have a very hard time understanding the list. Is there a certain secret or something that can maybe make values click in my head? You know, like an ohhhhh moment hahaha. Is there something that made a lot of it make sense for you?

I’ve always wanted to engage in these kinds of conversations but no matter how much I try, rarity just doesn’t seem to make any sense

I guess I gotta random question too:
Why is the non balloon not a part of the other nons?
Hello, I am
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banana.

Trading Thread
UFA
Banana.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scythe. » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:47 am

This is probably a very silly question, I've been out of the loop for a while. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask!

Why are certain pets italicized? Is it because they were recently moved, or is it because they will be moving, or is there some reason I'm not getting?

I also apologize if this is mentioned somewhere, I looked but couldn't find anything!
Last edited by scythe. on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
scythe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TomBoyCOOLCH13 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:48 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:^ yup, the Cheshire has always had good demand and even before it was on the list it did.
It’s rarity however, or at least with its rarity and release date it was decided it wasn’t rare enough to be higher.

@myth, I guess perhaps because we aren’t looking for trades for the cerbs? Since any trade is more demand based and we aren’t moving them up? Idk....?
I do think sometime it would be nice to have a separate thread to collect all the trades with dates to have them specially in one spot, that would also keep things more organized and readily available so we don’t have to dig around for trades when we need them? Just a thought but I do think it’d be helpful.
Edit: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2062721#
Or there’s this, tho I’m not sure if that’s solely for only pets that are being searched for in the box or not?

Thank you for everyone's nice feedback :3
TomBoyCOOLCH13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me