Collection Discussion Thread ♡ NEW Poll!* ♡

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do you use C$ to ‘buy’ pets/items for your collection?

All the time!
17%
Yes, sometimes.
53%
No.
14%
No, I never have success.
3%
I haven’t tried it.
14%

Total votes : 1145

Re: Collection Discussion Thread V.1 *Newer Poll!*

Postby Deerless » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:51 pm

{ghosting} wrote:

oh wow, i can't imagine the struggle it must be to collect all the store pets @~@;; i hope that the demand settles into something reasonable so you all can make fair trades for them !!!

@Deerless your deer item collection is looking great !! it's so cute how themed your entire account is :'> i considered doing the same for bird items but i can't decided on the criteria (realistic birds only? include plushies? winged items? aaaaa) so i don't think i'll pursue that idea haha

uughgu. so. i decided that since i achieved my dreamy and have made good progress on my infinite hoard, i should give myself a new goal; collect the balloon dog set! its not too wild of a goal, since i already have the non balloon, but they're still main list pets u_u;; i'm hoping for some success with offsite trades for list fodder but we'll see if i have any luck....

ImageImage

edit: 2 / 3 obtained! now to see if i can find a willing trade partner for the pink balloon~ (and maybe the purple star balloon item, haha. the poor non balloon looks lonely without it)

Aah thank you! I really love the fact my account is so themed, actually! <3 I think deer will always be my main focus on here, if not one of my only ones! It'll probably be hard trying to complete the item collection (and the deer-themed pet collection will be hard too probably), but I need something to collect, rightt? xD

And for your bird-themed idea, maybe start out small? Try to complete the actual bird pets first (like I completed my deer collection first too!). You could try to collect all owls first, for example. Maybe even try to search for those two(?) actual ravens that were released over the years! After that you could always decide to do a bird-themed pets and items collection too (or maybe do that by year? So start with like 2017 and move your way up? idk!)

Good luck on getting your last balloon dog though! They look so adorably cute together!
Hi, I'm Deerless and I am a hoarder of Deer and Dwarf Hamsters
You are always welcome to send me trades including any of those two! I love to trade! <3
I have a complete deer collection!

My Collection & Hoards Thread

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------Current Hoard Goal
------------Reach 2.500 deer in my hoard
---------------------2370 / 2500
------------------- 391 deer to go!
--------------------
--------------------
-----------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Deerless

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tilkka » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:45 pm

Finished the following collections ♥♥

Image Image Image

↠ chickens ʟɪɴᴇ ᴇᴅɪᴛs ╌ [30/30]
    ↠ dogs 𝟤𝟢𝟣𝟨 ╌ [152/152] (adults only)
    ↠ PPS ᴄᴏᴄᴏᴏɴs ╌ [12/12]

The chicken and dog was a party of a big gift I got ♥ ;n; So sweet~

OVERpaid for the dog cocoon, but that one was on me. I didn't want to make anymore offers for one <.<' So when I got that one-sided "what would you pay for this?" suggestion with it -- I just automatically wrote down "a 2009 rare of your choice!" Now I no longer need to look for it ;n; I'm so happy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Only missing these two adult dogs from 2014 and one from 2015! :3: How exciting~
    It so pleasing to finish a year for dogs, since it's the "main" pet in CS.
    EDIT: Accidentally had a Dec. 18th dog in 2014 instead of it's correct year. I was actually missing three dogs from 2014, but I was able to get one between this post and noticing my mistake - so I'm "back" at missing just two :___D

Image Image Image
    February 2014 (uncommon) -- Christmas 2014 (uncommon) ----- January 2015 (uncommon)

QUITTING
Trading everything i own for Flight Rising currency/stuff.
Have a lot of older pets (been here since 2009) and items!

tilkka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deerless » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:10 am

I'm so close to completing the 2016 Reindeer litter (the one of the syrian hamsters!)

I have only one left to go!

This one <3

For this year's reindeer pets, I managed to get the last one I needed and completed the set! I love their designs so much <3

ESPECIALLY little rudolph:
You are always welcome to send me trades including any of those two! I love to trade! <3

--------------------
--------------------
Deerless

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby --I am Sherlocked-- » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:10 am

Still on 28 pages but over the last few days I have been able to get a few more pets for my collection. Yay! I think my goal for next year is to get it down to 25 or so. ^-^

Congratulations tilkka for completing those collections!!
--I am Sherlocked--

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rowlet. » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:19 am

Deerless wrote:
    Aah thank you! I really love the fact my account is so themed, actually! <3 I think deer will always be my main focus on here, if not one of my only ones! It'll probably be hard trying to complete the item collection (and the deer-themed pet collection will be hard too probably), but I need something to collect, rightt? xD

And for your bird-themed idea, maybe start out small? Try to complete the actual bird pets first (like I completed my deer collection first too!). You could try to collect all owls first, for example. Maybe even try to search for those two(?) actual ravens that were released over the years! After that you could always decide to do a bird-themed pets and items collection too (or maybe do that by year? So start with like 2017 and move your way up? idk!)

Good luck on getting your last balloon dog though! They look so adorably cute together!

it's good to have a goal! i think it'd be a little too easy to just settle for collecting monthly releases so setting up personal challenges makes things more interesting :>

thanks so much for your thoughts on my bird-themed collection! i've already completed a chicken collection so an owl one is definitely something to think about.... and i might be able to handle the items if i go at it casually and don't stress about it too much, aha

[jazz hands] i traded for the pink balloon this morning so i now have all the balloon dogs !! i'm pretty chuffed about it :'> they look so lovely ❤
    |█
    |█
    |█
    |█
    |█
    |█
    willow | they/ey | adult

your existence is so very important; the
    world would be darker without your light

» cs help » about » hoards » fr » 🌈
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
rowlet.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Genba » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:41 am

Congrats on the Balloon Dog, they are adorable :D I still need all three, but I havent been activively looking for them yet.

IDK if I maybe should start collecting more species. I currently collect dogs, BWs, Deer and bunnies. The deer and bunny collections are complete, but the dog and bw collection is probably never going to be finished. So I would like to collect something where I.actually may be able to complete the collection. But I don't like most of the linearts .. The rats are ok, but there are also a few rats I probably wouldnt get with my current trade fodder. Mh :L

ImageImage ImageImage
Genba

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deerless » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:45 am

{ghosting} wrote:
Deerless wrote:

it's good to have a goal! i think it'd be a little too easy to just settle for collecting monthly releases so setting up personal challenges makes things more interesting :>

thanks so much for your thoughts on my bird-themed collection! i've already completed a chicken collection so an owl one is definitely something to think about.... and i might be able to handle the items if i go at it casually and don't stress about it too much, aha

[jazz hands] i traded for the pink balloon this morning so i now have all the balloon dogs !! i'm pretty chuffed about it :'> they look so lovely ❤

Oh my, I totally forgot about chickens being a bird species! I couldn't think of anything but the owls as bird species actually, woah!
    But congrats on the complete chicken collection though, does it include the UR Phoenix? Or do you only collect the non-list pets?

Congrats on your balloon dog set as well! They look great!

---

For my dwarf hamster collecting, I only need 5 more to complete it!

Halloween 2014

Halloween 2015

Space Event 2016
    Image Image

Lost City Event 2017

--------------------
--------------------
Deerless

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boomer » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:54 am

Ah, it's been forever since I've posted here! I'm still collecting bats and chameleons (which are both complete as of now), but I also had started a deer collection (not worrying about the '15 store deer for now; I think I'm 5 away from completing that one?), 2nd/3rd gen collection (which is also complete as of now) and a GUPPS collection (I still need 2 from '09 ((no more fodder tho ahhh, and I'm trying to get true dates for three of them)) and the ghost GUPPS from '10; along with a couple of the New Years GUPPS).

But my biggest accomplishment has been finally collecting every single PPS pet on the site! I was gifted the UR Foal almost a week ago (funny enough it was on the 22nd, and 22 is my lucky number).

It honestly feels so strange to finally have completed the PPS collection... I've spent the last three or so years trying to complete it. I didn't get good fodder this year to trade up for one, so I thought I'd have to wait until next year for something good. But there he is, my little Solstice. <3
Boomer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rowlet. » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:06 am

Deerless wrote:
    Oh my, I totally forgot about chickens being a bird species! I couldn't think of anything but the owls as bird species actually, woah!
    But congrats on the complete chicken collection though, does it include the UR Phoenix? Or do you only collect the non-list pets?

Congrats on your balloon dog set as well! They look great!

---

For my dwarf hamster collecting, I only need 5 more to complete it!

Halloween 2014

Halloween 2015

Space Event 2016
    Image Image

Lost City Event 2017

haha, they don't immediately pop into my head when i think of birds either but i'm quite fond of their art on CS. the owls don't appeal to me quite as much so i didn't even think of them when deciding what to collect :'D

yeah, i included the phoenix as part of the collection to make things harder for me (rip) but i did manage to work out an offsite trade for it! i can only pray that there won't be another bird ur any time soon.... orz

and you're so close to finishing off that dwarf ham collection...!!! congrats on your progress so far; i'm rooting for you ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧
    |█
    |█
    |█
    |█
    |█
    |█
    willow | they/ey | adult

your existence is so very important; the
    world would be darker without your light

» cs help » about » hoards » fr » 🌈
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
    ▐|
rowlet.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pigeon - » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:50 am

ImageImage

I . FINALLY . DID . IT!
although one is a 2009 and one is a 2010 and so they don't sit together - cry.
skelebun, eat me and drink me in a couple of days, just need the zonkey :*

pigeon -

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me