Staff Litter Discussion 2018

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Staff Litter Discussion 2018

Postby Wolven Girl » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:20 pm

Lacuna wrote:
    Pet's name: Kalliope

Kalliope put the finishing touches on the day's offerings, dropping rainbow sprinkles onto her perfect desserts and setting up her hand-painted list of prices. Other vendors prepared around her as well, everyone excited for the day's festivities. Arts, crafts, flags, facepaint, and food--anything one could want on a beautiful fall day of celebration. Kalliope herself wore a pastel pink, blue, and white flowered apron over her clothes to protect them from wayward frosting, while others wore a myriad of color combinations to show their joy. She saw someone walking by in a purple, blue, and pink cape that she especially liked.

It hadn't always been like this, Kalliope reflected as she smiled at her customers and the day really got going. The way that some of them looked nervous, or very young, brought back her own memories. She saw them hold hands in corners, even though no one would have questioned their actions in this place. If a few cupcakes left the table without her opening the cash box, well, that was just the way it had to be sometimes, right? This was a time of happiness, and Kalliope would do anything to spread more to those who weren't quite sure if they were feeling it.

Once upon a time, Kalliope had been one of those teenagers, though she hadn't attended an event like this until just a few years ago. She had hidden fashion magazines under her bed, taking time to look at the pictures and admire the women in them. When her brother had found them he didn't understand; he told her that there were plenty of girls around their high school, asked her why didn't she just date one of them? She didn't know how to tell him that, more than anything, she just wanted to be one of those women. Instead, she just shrugged and tried to fit in. She was clearly a boy, so she dated one girl and then another, played soccer, but still joined the art club. Plenty of boys went to culinary school, so no one questioned it when she went chose that career.

Her girlfriend Alice helped her pack when she was leaving for school, but she didn't have the same reaction that Kalliope's brother had when finding the magazines. Alice had gotten very serious, looking her in the eye and holding up the much dog-eared collection. Kalliope expected the worst. Even though she had just been dating to be "normal," Alice was a wonderful girl and she liked her a lot. In fact, it was her realization that she truly could love Alice that made her question her interests even more. Maybe she had just needed a girlfriend, like her brother had said.

When Alice asked her what was going on, Kalliope told the truth for the first time. And Alice laughed. Kalliope wanted to run, to rip up the magazines and never look at them again. But then she felt Alice's soft hand take hers, and they sat down together. Kalliope realized that the laughter had been joy, as Alice told her that no one wanted to be a girl the way Kalliope did without actually being one. She had been a girl all along, Alice told her. And Kalliope felt the truth of her words.

"I finally found a parking spot," a voice startled Kalliope from her reflections. She smiled as she turned around, taking one of the boxes of extra cupcakes from Alice's arms. Her wife was wearing a bright pink top, cyan shorts, and ridiculous yellow rain boots to combat the dewy morning grass. "How's everything going?" Alice asked.

The whole story ran through Kalliope's head again in a split second, making her smile even wider as she set the box down next to her booth and leaned over to kiss Alice on the cheek. "Perfect," she said. "Everything is perfect."

Hint Answers: (for the more confusing ones)
    Ingredients:
    • Egg whites: This has always referred to how her tail looks like meringue, but her tail was a little tuft of hair the whole time!
    • 666H43: color code FFF8DC "cornsilk" to make a food reference to her long hair as an adult.
    • "don't forget me": the blue forget me not flower (which is edible and also a pun on "flour").
    • cocoa pods image: the sprinklings of "cocoa" (brown markings) on her body.
    Find the ones I spurned: letters hidden on my previous staff pups names' in my pound hoard group "Lacuna's Rejects Ltd." spelled out growing, referring to her hair growing (but were meant to make you think about flowers on mine and other pups as well).
    • Go back to a place you've already been: After I gave the hint above, I added some staff pets I adopted from the pound that might match my hints to the rejects group. These were meant to be options for you to choose from, but no one picked up on it to my knowledge.
    The hidden hint: When I "repackaged" my hints, I used invisible text to tell you that there was a new, not so obvious hint in the mix. The choice to show you a screenshot of Microsoft Word was deliberate, as was the choice of a font named "Kalinga." The font merely gave you a starting point for her name, while the fact that I was showing you a word processor was supposed to finish up with the meaning. Kalliope is the chief of all muses, and the muse of epic poetry. I chose this name for my own love of poetry and writing, though I like to think that the character loves it for its beauty and strength.

Other helpful asides (for next year): I do try to make my outcomes very different each year and I don't really have a consistent art style, but I feel there are definitely some clues that you can come up with just because I'm me. I always use the default white 100% opacity CS tag, I always edit the smiles of adult dogs, my pups aren't plain and often show a lot of the final design, and I love gradients. I made an effort to have a more subtle gradient this year, but I couldn't do away with it entirely.

One more note: I chose to suggest this palette both because I love pink and we've never used it before, and because of its use of colors very close to the trans pride colors. I was overjoyed that a majority of the rest of the staff liked it, and that we ended up using it this year. Though the story above is not that of my own family, and many things about them are different, the characters do have some basis in real life as myself (Alice) and my wife (Kalliope). I'm incredibly proud of my wife's journey and wanted to celebrate it!

Kalliope is very pretty <3

I guess with both her and the flowery pup claimed, the only possibility left for Simon's pup is the flower butt
FLOOGLE

Wolven Girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby odin » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:31 pm

catmother456 wrote:snip

Looking at the clues and the fact that Vampiric can be tricky, I think one of these pups may be Vampiric:

This pup has obvious human features (hair) and is singing. Its eyes are closed so we can’t see if the eyes are green or not. It may be thinking of becoming a rock star and seeing its name in lights. It’s paws have a hint of white, and its a solid color.

This pup is sweet looking. Maybe when Vampiric started with it, it was spoopy, changed to sweet and may change again to spoopy. We do know that certain spoopy sugary ideas were on the cards. It doesn’t have solid body color but maybe that will change as an adult, and it has white paws and appears to bewearing eyeshadow, a human feature.

I am leaning more towards the first pup at this point, but I figured I’d post both and maybe we will get denials, narrowing our choices down a little bit.

Maybe this one?
Vapmiric said she the pallet "was highly detestable" and this one seems to not be enjoying himself. lol

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

odin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:32 pm

Lacuna wrote:

Kalliope put the finishing touches on the day's offerings, dropping rainbow sprinkles onto her perfect desserts and setting up her hand-painted list of prices. Other vendors prepared around her as well, everyone excited for the day's festivities. Arts, crafts, flags, facepaint, and food--anything one could want on a beautiful fall day of celebration. Kalliope herself wore a pastel pink, blue, and white flowered apron over her clothes to protect them from wayward frosting, while others wore a myriad of color combinations to show their joy. She saw someone walking by in a purple, blue, and pink cape that she especially liked.

It hadn't always been like this, Kalliope reflected as she smiled at her customers and the day really got going. The way that some of them looked nervous, or very young, brought back her own memories. She saw them hold hands in corners, even though no one would have questioned their actions in this place. If a few cupcakes left the table without her opening the cash box, well, that was just the way it had to be sometimes, right? This was a time of happiness, and Kalliope would do anything to spread more to those who weren't quite sure if they were feeling it.

Once upon a time, Kalliope had been one of those teenagers, though she hadn't attended an event like this until just a few years ago. She had hidden fashion magazines under her bed, taking time to look at the pictures and admire the women in them. When her brother had found them he didn't understand; he told her that there were plenty of girls around their high school, asked her why didn't she just date one of them? She didn't know how to tell him that, more than anything, she just wanted to be one of those women. Instead, she just shrugged and tried to fit in. She was clearly a boy, so she dated one girl and then another, played soccer, but still joined the art club. Plenty of boys went to culinary school, so no one questioned it when she went chose that career.

Her girlfriend Alice helped her pack when she was leaving for school, but she didn't have the same reaction that Kalliope's brother had when finding the magazines. Alice had gotten very serious, looking her in the eye and holding up the much dog-eared collection. Kalliope expected the worst. Even though she had just been dating to be "normal," Alice was a wonderful girl and she liked her a lot. In fact, it was her realization that she truly could love Alice that made her question her interests even more. Maybe she had just needed a girlfriend, like her brother had said.

When Alice asked her what was going on, Kalliope told the truth for the first time. And Alice laughed. Kalliope wanted to run, to rip up the magazines and never look at them again. But then she felt Alice's soft hand take hers, and they sat down together. Kalliope realized that the laughter had been joy, as Alice told her that no one wanted to be a girl the way Kalliope did without actually being one. She had been a girl all along, Alice told her. And Kalliope felt the truth of her words.

"I finally found a parking spot," a voice startled Kalliope from her reflections. She smiled as she turned around, taking one of the boxes of extra cupcakes from Alice's arms. Her wife was wearing a bright pink top, cyan shorts, and ridiculous yellow rain boots to combat the dewy morning grass. "How's everything going?" Alice asked.

The whole story ran through Kalliope's head again in a split second, making her smile even wider as she set the box down next to her booth and leaned over to kiss Alice on the cheek. "Perfect," she said. "Everything is perfect."

Ingredients:
    • Egg whites: This has always referred to how her tail looks like meringue, but her tail was a little tuft of hair the whole time!
    • 666H43: color code FFF8DC "cornsilk" to make a food reference to her long hair as an adult.
    • "don't forget me": the blue forget me not flower (which is edible and also a pun on "flour").
    Find the ones I spurned: letters hidden on my previous staff pups names' in my pound hoard group "Lacuna's Rejects Ltd." spelled out growing, referring to her hair growing (but were meant to make you think about flowers on mine and other pups as well).
    • Go back to a place you've already been: After I gave the hint above, I added some staff pets I adopted from the pound that might match my hints to the rejects group. These were meant to be options for you to choose from, but no one picked up on it to my knowledge.
    The hidden hint: When I "repackaged" my hints, I used invisible text to tell you that there was a new, not so obvious hint in the mix. The choice to show you a screenshot of Microsoft Word was deliberate, as was the choice of a font named "Kalinga." The font merely gave you a starting point for her name, while the fact that I was showing you a word processor was supposed to finish up with the meaning. Kalliope is the chief of all muses, and the muse of epic poetry. I chose this name for my own love of poetry and writing, though I like to think that the character loves it for its beauty and strength.

Other helpful asides (for next year): I do try to make my outcomes very different each year and I don't really have a consistent art style, but I feel there are definitely some clues that you can come up with just because I'm me. I always use the default white 100% opacity CS tag, I always edit the smiles of adult dogs, my pups aren't plain and often show a lot of the final design, and I love gradients. I made an effort to have a more subtle gradient this year, but I couldn't do away with it entirely.

One more note: I chose to suggest this palette both because I love pink and we've never used it before, and because of its use of colors very close to the trans pride colors. I was overjoyed that a majority of the rest of the staff liked it, and that we ended up using it this year. Though the story above is not that of my own family, and many things about them are different, the characters do have some basis in real life as myself (Alice) and my wife (Kalliope). I'm incredibly proud of my wife's journey and wanted to celebrate it!

That...was SO awesome! :D

And my gosh such a beautiful job on this one! I'm totally loving this design so much!
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catmother456 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:36 pm

odin wrote:
catmother456 wrote:snip
Snip

Maybe this one?
Vapmiric said she the pallet "was highly detestable" and this one seems to not be enjoying himself. lol

I thought of this one, too, but it has 3 tails and the artwork does not. That is the only reason I didn’t add it in, but I do agree with you, too! And definitely not enjoying himself lol!

I love your pup, Lacuna! So pretty!
Last edited by catmother456 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

It’s a GH Litter Conga Line!

ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

My C$ Store

Celozon made the little kitties
Wobbuffet decorated my avatar
I just love the conga line too much to get rid of it so it’s staying for now
catmother456

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiro,, » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:38 pm

Lacuna wrote:

Ingredients:

Kalliope is beautiful Lacuna! And perfectly matched with an equally beautiful story! Definitely one of favourites so far 💙
they/them
-------
aussie/awst
-------
cat parent
-------
<3
Image imagination Image

......Image
Image imagination Image
kiro,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Young and Beautiful » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:49 pm

Very lovely Lacuna! I’ve always adored the name Kalliope, and I’m amazed by your staff and always love your stories. ❤️

You can call me Y&B~

Young and Beautiful

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ocelover567 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:58 pm

Lacuna wrote:

Ingredients:

Gosh I love this story so much, definitely cried a little bit, you and your wife sound like a perfectly adorable couple!!! I also absolutely adore your pup design, the braids are gorgeous and the flowers look so delicate!
My all-time dreamie, a pittie named after my best friend who was taken too soon.
Rest in Peace, Gunnar <3
Ocelover567

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shobits » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:01 pm

Rapid fire pup theories!

Image - Yağmur. All we have to go on is skeleton/skull dog. Maybe the cotton candy is hiding a sugar skull? Cotton candy is made of sugar so this pup already has sugar on its skull. Source It's not ice-cream, it's cotton candy.

Image - Simon. Simon confirmed that theirs was one of three. The other two have been claimed. Source.

Image - Raey. Unless we're being trolled big time, this one is all but confirmed with all those vessel pictures raey posted. 1 2 3 4 and others.

Image - Coalchaser. Blue is not the primary and there are at least 3 different colors. Plus this pup has stripes, a familiar sight in Coalchaser's past staff pups.

Image - Vampiric. Adding to the guesses that this one is Vampiric's I'll agree. This pup looks like it wants to be famous, with her name in lights!

Now one with a little more information.
Shobits wrote:Here are my thoughts for sketchi's pup.

First the Most Likely (IMO):
Image Image Image
All have unedited tails, were not denied by sketchi, and were not among the ones I mentally disqualified (those would be ones I think are someone else's, plus all grown outcomes. Since sketchi signs the adults)

Next, I looked into the name, Demi. Everyone was jumping on the bandwagon that Demi was French. sketchi has even said that their pup is not French. It also means half in Greek. Most notably derived from Demeter, the Greek Goddess of agriculture. Demeter means Earth Mother. Now to go off on a bizarre leap. Mother to Mother-of-Pearl

Image Pearl.

Next, sketchi has said that "no one has really understood that last hint. "Unedited tail" - I am taking this to mean that the tail is so unedited it doesn't even have more than one color.
My birthday is April 26th ^-^
Shobits

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catmother456 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:08 pm

So, let’s see if I go off on a tangent again. Could be entertaining.

Sketchi, Part 2, The Sequel

1.Pup Denials -
    Denied the dagger dog (for lack of a name)
    Denied Pi’s pup
    Denied Cerru’s pup
    Denied Poptart pup (the brown one with the pink back)
    Denied AqullaFuga’s pup
    Denied Ice Cream Face pup (again, for lack of a name)
2. “I’m sure you guys are checking every post for invisible stuff, so here’s useless info #1 - My pup’s name is Demi
3. Sketchi’s style is very well known, but only as an adult. As a pup, it blends right in to all the others.
4. Unscrambled the scrambled letters found overs multiple posts that says “My pup has an unedited tail”
    Keep it simple. Keep it simple. Keep it simple.
5. Sketchi’s adult human form

Snip

Out with the wrong, in with another try

Most of the denied pups have been claimed so that is actually irrelevant except for dagger dog and pop tart pup.
The tail is unedited, eliminating the blue singing pup and the Halp Too Fluff pup.

Sketchi’s awesome artwork has hid all color so the pup’s eyes can have any color, it’s body as well. But Demi appears to have darker hair and wings, a lighter shirt, spiky hair, horns and wings. None of the pups have eyebeans where horns may appear. So, looking at human Demi, these are the pups I think might be yours.

This pup has a more masculine look compared to the others. It has those blue marks, one of which points to the eyes of the pup, which could mean something could be happening there. It’s head is brown - possibly indicating dark “hair” and the back patch is brown, where the wings could possibly come from. There seems like there may be something around Demi’s neck, and this pup has a pink string around its neck.

This pup has that line edit on the back but not the tail. That crystal could indicate something magical going on, maybe a transitioning of features. It’s eyes have a blue speck in it, maybe that will expand to some sort of whisp. Also, it has no coloring like the artwork, except for the speck on the eye.

Though there are several other pups that fit the hints, and we believe it belongs to someone else (cough raey cough) I put it here as a 3rd guess due to its very subtle coloring and the little cutie on its back that appears to have horns.

So, another tangent perhaps, but maybe this time I won’t get snipped.

And if I do,, that’s okay. We gotta try to get denials, too!

Shobits wrote:
Rapid fire pup theories!

Snip

Go Shobits! Go Shobits! Go Shobits!
Last edited by catmother456 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

It’s a GH Litter Conga Line!

ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

My C$ Store

Celozon made the little kitties
Wobbuffet decorated my avatar
I just love the conga line too much to get rid of it so it’s staying for now
catmother456

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes