*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide *UR FOAL POLL* VOTE!!

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:41 am

I was torn between the coontail and aussie as well. I personally value the foal at around a non + 2 sorbets so any of the tiers would be about right for me.
In the end I chose the coontail tier just to give it a fighting chance because it was the only way I could decide between them. If there was an option between them I would choose it

Postby scorps » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:00 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:
I voted for Plains Zebra tier because almost all pets above it have been OMG since the 2013 rarity overhaul (moonswirl was VR first) and since we don't know where the UR Foal sits on the OMG spectrum, I opted for the lower end. I know we're trying to remove demand from the list but I feel my vote acknowledges the rarity of the pet fairly while realizing that it doesn't go for sunjewels and likely won't.

Thanks for posting on my behalf since I'd like to remain anonymous!

this is similar to why i voted dogtag
trade me [x]
scorps

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:01 am

I don't know if the vote distribution will stay this way (it's way too early to tell lol and things can change drastically within a short period of time like what happened with the UR Rat), but it kinda looks like it's possible we'll end up with something like a 2-hump distribution of votes where the humps are more than one option apart. If that does end up being the case, what would we do? Take the option with more votes or take some sort of average/compromise? (I assume we're not doing the thing that was brought up a few weeks ago where we assign each tier a numerical value and then take the average of all non-IDK votes)

(I think something similar happened with the UR Peach?? It was a simpler situation since the two humps were only separated by 1 option, though)

What about if the distribution isn't quite 2-hump but like 1.5-hump (kiiiinda like what we have now, just with more votes on every option to the point where the half-hump isn't exactly negligible)?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I voted Dogtag tier for reasons others already stated: the UR Foal should be above any VR pet that doesn't have astronomical demand, and last time I checked, the Mountain Zebra doesn't exactly have noteworthy demand? (correct me if I'm wrong) so since that's the highest VR on the List, the UR Foal should at least be at the Mountain Zebra's level, which is currently the Dogtag tier

(brb while I rearrange my mindset because It Bugs Me that the Mountain Zebra has apparently been VR for nearly a year now and I literally grew up with the knowledge that the zebras were originally supposed to be among the rarest pets on CS lol)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scorps » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:07 am

@above

thats a good question,
im also wondering if in the title of the thread it somehow can refer people to dadwarfs post that showed all the rarity changes?
it might be hard for someone to find that post at this point, maybe at the top on the front page make that clear? not really sure
just thinking of ways to make sure that people are making informed votes and have a sense of the discussions that have gone on in this thread
trade me [x]
scorps

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:12 am

@ above. Unless the votes are 10 apart or somewhat close, we go with the one with the most votes. If not then we compromise like we did for the peach.
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:23 am

scorps wrote:@above

thats a good question,
im also wondering if in the title of the thread it somehow can refer people to dadwarfs post that showed all the rarity changes?
it might be hard for someone to find that post at this point, maybe at the top on the front page make that clear? not really sure
just thinking of ways to make sure that people are making informed votes and have a sense of the discussions that have gone on in this thread

It’s in the title of the poll so it’s not hard to find. It’s the link that says ‘this post’
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ironic Equation » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:57 am

Yeah I agree 100% that if we're more going by rarity alone any very rares above UR lion/non level need to move down.
I'd propose something like this
OMG so rares
Pets that have fluctuated between very rare and OMG so rare since the overhaul e.g. coontail, UR aussie
Nons

Therefore, I'd propose that the UR cucumber, mountain zebra, sunback, UR aussie and coontail formed a tier with the UR lion, directly above the nons. It is clear at this point they are less rare than every pet above them. Then new URs could be placed above that e.g. on the UR phoenix/cinnabun tier or sunback/july PPS tier. If rarity changes due to the re-release this could be modified.

Also, the UR mint tess horse, u-nick-orn, UR grapes, UR malk, UR peach, UR holly, UR bengal, UR pineapple and UR foal would all need to move above the UR lion tier, as well as the UR fox and UR peas when placed, and the galaxy PPS and strawberry if they turn OMG so rare.

I feel like something like this would help with making the rares list more rarity orientated, and with placing new URs.
Send me TRADES!
PM me if you would like your pet identified or any advice on trade fairness/pet worth (:
My store pet collection was completed on the 16th of November 2019.
ImageImage
Ironic Equation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bilaz » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:05 am

^ Could we possibly put the Bengal with the other fluctuators? It keeps going back and forth
╔═════════{♥}═════════╗
And so all things, time will mend
So this song will end...

╚═════════{♥}═════════╝
x➤ My OC Erik, I love to write stories
x➤ Sasha - ISFJ - vegan - adult
x➤ Proud tea drinker and cat lover
x➤ Feel free to send me a message! ©

Image x Image x Image
Bilaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ironic Equation » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:07 am

Bilaz wrote:^ Could we possibly put the Bengal with the other fluctuators? It keeps going back and forth

Yeah that's a good point. It probably either belongs with them or slightly above, since it appears to be on the borderline.
Send me TRADES!
PM me if you would like your pet identified or any advice on trade fairness/pet worth (:
My store pet collection was completed on the 16th of November 2019.
ImageImage
Ironic Equation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .naiad. » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:15 am

I just had a thought - we value an 09 vr more than an 18 vr so why don't we do the same for the omgsr URs when comparing them (ie surely the ur b-wolf is worth more than the foal because it's older) ?
Last edited by .naiad. on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

previously Cinder.

❤️GA❤️
.naiad.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me