Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby GipsyRose » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:55 pm

never_ender wrote:I often wonder how people come across my pets. I mean, now it makes some sense since I'm on the forums pretty regularly, have a trade thread, post in lots of places, have trade info in my signature, etc...

But before, I used to get OUT OF THE BLUE trades quite often, and I always wondered how on EARTH they found me to send me a trade.

Exactly this! I don't post often. I like reading over the forums and what not, but I just don't post (does that make me internet antisocial?) So I have no idea how they find me or how they find my unlocked groups.
ImageImage
GipsyRose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ocelotboye » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:57 pm

never_ender wrote:I often wonder how people come across my pets. I mean, now it makes some sense since I'm on the forums pretty regularly, have a trade thread, post in lots of places, have trade info in my signature, etc...

But before, I used to get OUT OF THE BLUE trades quite often, and I always wondered how on EARTH they found me to send me a trade.

They find it by looking at the bottom of the page.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Andeva, Bunne, GipsyRose, Kittykato, ratzappy, SalsGal, Sandwitch, Teria and 0 guests
Last edited by ocelotboye on Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ocelotboye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kari Lion » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:58 pm

Anyone else just get this PM?

hi got any animals you wanna give away or items i will have them lol

p.s this is for serious i am taking stuff in that people dont want lol this is no joke so please if you have any thing

ImageImageImage
Kari Lion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GipsyRose » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:02 pm

The problem with the online thing is I would expect to get a trade when I'm actually on... not when I haven't had the computer on for several hours. That's why I wonder if there is some other method I don't know about.
ImageImage
GipsyRose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:08 pm

People also go through the members list and send random trades to people if they see a pet they want and the user is still coming on to CS, regardless of forum posts. This is more likely to happen to older members (like accounts from August) and ones from around special events like last year's Advent calendar, since it's assumed they're more likely to have valuable pets they might trade.
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kari Lion » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:13 pm

Atwood wrote:People also go through the members list and send random trades to people if they see a pet they want and the user is still coming on to CS, regardless of forum posts. This is more likely to happen to older members (like accounts from August) and ones from around special events like last year's Advent calendar, since it's assumed they're more likely to have valuable pets they might trade.

Which is why I wonder why people do it to me XD I used to get these trades when I'd only been on here a few months and I didn't really have any pets anyway. But NOW, when I am around and have decent(ish) pets to trade, I hardly ever get sent random trades.
ImageImageImage
Kari Lion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby loyalwolf06 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:25 pm

never_ender wrote:Anyone else just get this PM?

hi got any animals you wanna give away or items i will have them lol

p.s this is for serious i am taking stuff in that people dont want lol this is no joke so please if you have any thing

That's pretty ridiculous. Also begging, which is against CS rules. Not that I'd bother to report them unless they make further contact. I just love how they say "this is no joke" yet put "lol" twice in their message. If it's "for serious" and "no joke" then why are they laughing so much? You gotta wonder about some people...
loyalwolf06

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qhost » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:28 pm

People say "lol" about everything these days, even if it isn't funny...
    -
    she/they | adult | australia | artist | writer
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

My name is Boo & I am perpetually tired.
    I have real bad anxiety so I take a while to respond
    to msgs sometimes, sorry!
    -
qhost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GipsyRose » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:28 pm

I figured that they did something like that. (I am from August 08). But I'm pretty meticulous about locking my groups to avoid unwanted trades(because I once got a trade for ALL my August and Sept 08 pets when I took a break from CS due life being hectic). My most recent trade was from my newest made groups Nov 09, so they would have had to go through all the other groups just to find that it was unlocked... Is there some sort of radar for that? I just figure that hope would be lost after the first couple groups were stubbornly locked. *shrugs*
ImageImage
GipsyRose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kari Lion » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:29 pm

SPEAKING OF LOL! So I replied telling them that no, I woudln't give them pets. I said they should look in the free adoption section. Also told them begging is against the rules, and that if they did it again I might have to report them.

This was the reply

oh sorry i never knew that please forgive me please i am begging you to forgive me

p.s you didnt have to say it like that i didnt know gee plus its called trading not begging i was asking if you had any things that you dont want i wasn't begging gosh

p.p.s you hurt my feelings when you said that nah just kidding but still i wasn't begging i was just offering and (trying be polite!which i probably wasn't but anyway)saying that if you didnt want anything to give it to me not just going and asking for free pets gosh

but again im so so sorry please dont report me for this message im saying sorry and saying what i was meaning with that pm(private message)

p.p.p.s sorry i am going on and on arnt i? :( :( :( i never knew :( :(

bye

by the way are you mad at me for saying that??? :?: :?: :?: :( :( :(
ImageImageImage
Kari Lion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me