A Guide Index ~ Posting Welcome!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: A Guide Index ~ Posting Welcome!

Postby Oaris » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:53 pm

Very helpful, thanks!
Oaris | she/her | comms
Oaris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZombieSprinkles » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:32 pm

Hello <3
I have been wondering this for a while now as i have recently gotten a few re-releases i believe.
How do i know if i have a re-release?
I do believe that i have a few that i have put into groups that are categorized by date, I would like to put them into their original date group, but how do i know what year/month that pet was?
I have also accidentally lost them in my dated folders by putting them in their re-release dated folder, how could i find them?
That was probably very confusing, i am so sorry!!
Thank you so much to anyone who could help me!!!

┎-----------------------------------------------------┓
Art Shop
Exotic Animal Adopts
H: FR - W: CS Store Pets/Lists
┗-----------------------------------------------------┛
ZombieSprinkles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:44 pm

Ashleyann wrote:Hello <3
I have been wondering this for a while now as i have recently gotten a few re-releases i believe.
I do believe that i have a few that i have put into groups that are categorized by date, I would like to put them into their original date group, but how do i know what year/month that pet was?
I have also accidentally lost them in my dated folders by putting them in their re-release dated folder, how could i find them?

Rereleases have happened on December 18th of every year as well as December 24, 2011 (that one happened due to a miscalculation; it shouldn't happen again, but it did happen). There should be no other dates with rerelease pets.

If you find any pets that were adopted on that date and you don't know if it's a rerelease or not, first check these tabs (if they exist) in the archive of the year that your pet was adopted: December, Christmas, Special Releases, Store Pets, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa. The last two don't always overlap with the rerelease dates, but it's easier to just check them lol

If you find your pet there, then your pet is not a rerelease. Your pet was adopted in its initial release.

If you can't find your pet there, then you can either search through all of the archives for your pet (should be a little easier with the species filter, but... xD) or you could post in this thread and ask when your pet was originally released.

On a different note, there were some pets in CS's early days that were available to adopt for a long time. You know how the regular monthly adopts today are available only for a month? There were some that were available for many, many months, and so you might see these pets adopted way past their original release date. They're not called rereleases unless they were actually adopted during the rerelease in the Advent Calendar, though. See here for more information
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZombieSprinkles » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:49 pm

nickjr wrote:
Ashleyann wrote:Hello <3

Rereleases have happened on December 18th of every year as well as December 24, 2011 (that one happened due to a miscalculation; it shouldn't happen again, but it did happen). There should be no other dates with rerelease pets.

If you find any pets that were adopted on that date and you don't know if it's a rerelease or not, first check these tabs (if they exist) in the archive of the year that your pet was adopted: December, Christmas, Special Releases, Store Pets, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa. The last two don't always overlap with the rerelease dates, but it's easier to just check them lol

If you find your pet there, then your pet is not a rerelease. Your pet was adopted in its initial release.

If you can't find your pet there, then you can either search through all of the archives for your pet (should be a little easier with the species filter, but... xD) or you could post in this thread and ask when your pet was originally released.

On a different note, there were some pets in CS's early days that were available to adopt for a long time. You know how the regular monthly adopts today are available only for a month? There were some that were available for many, many months, and so you might see these pets adopted way past their original release date. They're not called rereleases unless they were actually adopted during the rerelease in the Advent Calendar, though. See here for more information

Woah so much information haha, i had to read that a few times but i think i understand XD
If the pet is actually in the tab as the adopted date then it is not a re-release.
Then to find its original date i search the archives XD.
Thank you so much <3

EDIT: Is this just with rares/VRs or with any pet?

┎-----------------------------------------------------┓
Art Shop
Exotic Animal Adopts
H: FR - W: CS Store Pets/Lists
┗-----------------------------------------------------┛
ZombieSprinkles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:37 pm

Ashleyann wrote:[snip]
Woah so much information haha, i had to read that a few times but i think i understand XD
If the pet is actually in the tab as the adopted date then it is not a re-release.
Then to find its original date i search the archives XD.
Thank you so much <3

EDIT: Is this just with rares/VRs or with any pet?

Haha sorry xD Yep, that's right.

This goes for any pet. It's more likely with rares, VRs, and OMGSRs, especially if they were adopted in recent years, but you might find some rereleases that are uncommons. I'm not sure if any OMGSCs or commons have been rereleased; I don't think they have been, but don't quote me on that.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ultrakittyquinn » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:26 am

I know this seems silly can someone explain to me what is a paperclip? I have seen it on a few people's pet collection
╔═════════════╗

Auction Thread
Trade Thread
My Writing Thread

Don't be a salad,
be the best god
damn broccoli you
could ever be

╚═════════════╝

ultrakittyquinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlitterRayne » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:40 pm

Kermy wrote:I know this seems silly can someone explain to me what is a paperclip? I have seen it on a few people's pet collection

The "Paperclip" trade is based on this internet story of how a man started with something small (In this case a red paperclip), and kept trading up a little bit at a time, until he managed to trade for a house.

Click here for the full story, reported by USA Today.

It was an internet sensation at one point, and the new tradition started here on CS as well. People started with a basic pet, maybe a little better, and tried to each time tried to trade it for something worth more. Each person has a personal goal they're looking for, or at least have an idea in mind of when they would stop.

But the goal of this is always the same, to take something regular and trade it up to something worth a lot more. :) Hope this helps!

Remembering my Mother lost last June 17th, 2017. You are loved and well missed.
Known as "FlitterRayne" on Eldemore and Flight Rising well. Trades in both places welcomed!
FlitterRayne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ultrakittyquinn » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:39 pm

FlitterRayne wrote:
Kermy wrote:I know this seems silly can someone explain to me what is a paperclip? I have seen it on a few people's pet collection

The "Paperclip" trade is based on this internet story of how a man started with something small (In this case a red paperclip), and kept trading up a little bit at a time, until he managed to trade for a house.

Click here for the full story, reported by USA Today.

It was an internet sensation at one point, and the new tradition started here on CS as well. People started with a basic pet, maybe a little better, and tried to each time tried to trade it for something worth more. Each person has a personal goal they're looking for, or at least have an idea in mind of when they would stop.

But the goal of this is always the same, to take something regular and trade it up to something worth a lot more. :) Hope this helps!

Ah thank you very very very much....for example if you say have 7 2008 very rare pets and a few 2009 2010 rare pets in a group you could trade up to the advent list (if people are trading down)
╔═════════════╗

Auction Thread
Trade Thread
My Writing Thread

Don't be a salad,
be the best god
damn broccoli you
could ever be

╚═════════════╝

ultrakittyquinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:21 pm

Paperclipping is something some users frown upon because you take one pet and try to make it better, thus heavily rely on the generousity of other players. With each paperclip trade, you are basically expecting the other person to overpay. And most dont seem to like that xD

What you are describing is just called trading up, you go up in worth but all gaps are fair! (Depending on those 08's, they might be more then an advent pet too c: )
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me