Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby Fishie » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:27 pm

Kiara wrote:Someone sent me a trade earlier, asking for my blue sorbet and offering nothing in return. They asked me to edit, and I cancelled saying that had to read my rules. So they sent the trade back with the keywords, which are Popcorn is Awesome. Their excuse for not including them the first time?

I didn't know how to spell awesome.

Seriously, it's right there in front of you o.0
I ended up cancelling the trade anyway because it says in my rules that I no longer edit trades because I don't have the time.

XD that is hilarious!

I honestly hate editing trades. They're not against my rules or anything, but most of the time there's nothing I want, but I feel bad canceling them. And I hate when people say things like "you have sooo many of my dream pets!!". O.o I only have 1 true dreampet. And does that mean that I should trade you all of them just because I have extras and they're your dreampets?
For example, someone sent me a trade asking for my Nick b-day dog.
Their message: "Please can I send a trade offer because
this has always been my dream pet? "
Yes, you can send the offer, but that doesn't mean I'll accept it X3. I wasn't sure whether they wanted me to edit, so I just cancelled saying no, sorry. I looked in their trades but they only had common/uncommon 09's I already had.
Fishie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mmmcoffee » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:48 pm

I typically like open-ended trades, so long as the group organization makes some sort of sense, as to what groups I can choose from. :)

What I don't like is when someone takes a perfectly fair trade and adds a whole bunch of my rares in. It's like, okay, you don't like the pets I offered, that's one thing, but what makes you think I'm trading my black advent or my angel dog for your unknown-rarity current month pet? :roll: It's about as amusing as it is annoying. What I'd love to do for some of 'em is write this cancel message: "LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL no! :D XD" - but I post here about anonymous trades instead, because that dang conscience keeps getting in the way. >.> *pokes conscience* :lol:

Personally, I don't post "rules." I have a bunch of notations in my trade message, but typically I'll overlook most violations unless it's really ridiculous - and even then it's not because they didn't follow the rules, it's because I don't feel like shifting through 30 of my pets to make sure they're all trade pets, or some other such thing. I'm a very lax trader so if I've cancelled a trade because of my notations, it's really bad. :lol:

Here's one thing I'd LOVE: Say I'm sending a trade. When I begin making said trade, the other trader's automatic trade message shows up, right? I'd love for my automatic trade message to be visible to that other trader when s/he receives the trade, as well as whatever message I add in on the individual trade message box. Being able to see the automatic trade message of another trader when they send me a trade would be helpful too. :) People make their automatic trade messages so long and detailed and organized; it'd be really helpful to see the information they provide, and to be able to know beforehand some of those idiosyncracies that each individual trader has about their trades.
Pet's name: Inno and the Muse
mmmcoffee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby galaxyglitch » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:15 pm

Svaler wrote:I love how you handle bad trades, Atwood.

Aye. I would just cancel. Without a message. I'm THAT mean. :twisted:

Han Solo is all ready for the new year...er Christmas!
Happy Holidays!
[In memory of Luckymint. You will be forever missed.]
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've returned from a fairly long hiatus and have a very long wishlist I hope to be done with by Christmas. Feel free to send a trade but DO NOT PM ME. Thanks!
~Galaxy
hint: click the star to begin a trade

galaxyglitch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:21 pm

I considered doing that, but they did write a reasonably polite trade message with limited chatspeak, so I figured I could give them a chance. ^^
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aura » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:29 pm

galaxyglitch wrote:
Svaler wrote:I love how you handle bad trades, Atwood.

Aye. I would just cancel. Without a message. I'm THAT mean. :twisted:

Hmm. I would probably cancel with a short message of 'Sorry, you don't have anything I'm looking for' or 'This trade isn't really fair, as it's only two commons for a very rare'.
Stuff like that.

On Permanent Hiatus. Or, have quit. Pretty much. Might come back one day.
Have a nice day. I love you all.
RIP Aura 2009-2012
ImageImageImageImage
Aura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby butcherbaby » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:09 pm

Pura wrote:
Carm wrote:
I am collecting cheetah wolves. You sound like a great person. I am not saying that to beg. You sound nice in your rules compared to all the other 08' players. Is there anything you want for her? Oh, if you have any more cheetah wolves, I may offer again. lol
Thank you :D

They asked for my Sept. '08 light cheetah. You're kidding me.
I sent it back, with my light cheetah removed and all of their rares added. My message:
I'm collecting all these pets! You sound like a nice person! I'll send another trade if you cancel! HEHE!
>_> Seriously? If you send me another trade, you're going on my foes list.

This person has been sending me trades for over a week. >_> My friends tell me that they, too, have been pestered by this person.

Then I recieve a PM from them.

Look, I don't know what I did wrong. I didn't ask for a free pet, WHAT DID I DO?

Heh, P****8? I have no idea what that one's on about, but they seem very grabby in all their trade threads. Almost troll-like...

ME TOO!

after responding to a post that said she'd give "A LOT" for a leopard i sent her a trade which was unbalanced with the intention of having her revise it in one way or another- valentine 2gen pup, 2 advents (cream & brown polka dots) and a blue rose pup. i said i'd be happy to add more pets to my side (leopard)

edited trade is sent back with JUST the feb 2nd gen........for a sept leopard? *boggles* and the message- "A LOT" just means you have a lot more to choose from." ah, hmm....sure.. :?

edited again asking for *just* the blue rose, again offering another extra pet or two pet if she wanted.

got it back, edited again. no pets on her side. message: "I only want the cheetah wolf. Is there anything for him? Only him?"

*blink* well, yeah, there ARE, but every one i've asked for you've taken off the trade, as you apparently don't want to give any more than an uncommon 2gen for it.

pmd her with- what are you willing to trade? no reply as of yet.

i'll keep you updated :lol:
STILL Looking For My Dreamy: April 09 Joker Bunny
ImageImage Image Image Image ImageImage
AWESOME Button-Eyed Dog Avatar by Wendigo!
butcherbaby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Veggievampire » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:24 pm

Yuuup of COURSE I'm going to accept that -.-
http://i48.tinypic.com/33uzspe.png
Veggievampire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnight Butterfly » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:14 am

I've just gotten the silliest trade. It was so unbalanced it was unbelievable. They had offered me 2 COMMON Malk spiders I already had, in exchange for 6 :!: UNCOMMON pets! I'd understand if they'd given me a message saying, "what do you want for these?" But instead, they'd put: "hi" I cancelled, obviously.
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 9 people.
I have received 10 gifts.
I have nuked 3 people.
I have received 0 nukes.
I have won 0 gift wars.
I have lost 0 gift wars.
Midnight Butterfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery