Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby Pura » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:31 pm

Carm wrote:
I am collecting cheetah wolves. You sound like a great person. I am not saying that to beg. You sound nice in your rules compared to all the other 08' players. Is there anything you want for her? Oh, if you have any more cheetah wolves, I may offer again. lol
Thank you :D

They asked for my Sept. '08 light cheetah. You're kidding me.
I sent it back, with my light cheetah removed and all of their rares added. My message:
I'm collecting all these pets! You sound like a nice person! I'll send another trade if you cancel! HEHE!
>_> Seriously? If you send me another trade, you're going on my foes list.

This person has been sending me trades for over a week. >_> My friends tell me that they, too, have been pestered by this person.

Then I recieve a PM from them.

Look, I don't know what I did wrong. I didn't ask for a free pet, WHAT DID I DO?

Heh, P****8? I have no idea what that one's on about, but they seem very grabby in all their trade threads. Almost troll-like...

lemon lime spine
Pura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Carm » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:34 pm

Pura wrote:
Carm wrote:
I am collecting cheetah wolves. You sound like a great person. I am not saying that to beg. You sound nice in your rules compared to all the other 08' players. Is there anything you want for her? Oh, if you have any more cheetah wolves, I may offer again. lol
Thank you :D

They asked for my Sept. '08 light cheetah. You're kidding me.
I sent it back, with my light cheetah removed and all of their rares added. My message:
I'm collecting all these pets! You sound like a nice person! I'll send another trade if you cancel! HEHE!
>_> Seriously? If you send me another trade, you're going on my foes list.

This person has been sending me trades for over a week. >_> My friends tell me that they, too, have been pestered by this person.

Then I recieve a PM from them.

Look, I don't know what I did wrong. I didn't ask for a free pet, WHAT DID I DO?

Heh, P****8? I have no idea what that one's on about, but they seem very grabby in all their trade threads. Almost troll-like...

Yes! :roll:
Carm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:42 pm

The only thing that makes me mad is when people argue with me after I've canceled the trade. I always cancel for a good reason, and I usually don't cancel for something I don't have unless it's ridiculously unfair. I just wish people took the time to read the rules. I mean, I took the time to write them, can't they take the time to read them? :3

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Svaler » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:22 pm

I get crabby when people beg and use the following excuse:

"I'll give this pet a good, loving home!"

It *almost* works when you're half asleep and squinting, but only if they use correct language.

I just want to give this dog a fover home

Then, we need to talk.

Trading ALL items for pets.
Seriously. If I have an item, send a trade for it.
Svaler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:28 pm

Yay, I just got a whopper! ^^ I don't like messing around with screenshots and such, so here's a list instead with the group each dog was from:

My side:

Blue October Moon (from "In ***AUCTION*** - no trades!")
Blue Snowflake Advent (from "In ***AUCTION*** - no trades!")
Jan. White-fronted Rainbow Dog (from "Collection Pets")
Jan. Dark Rain-spotted Dog (from "Collection Pets")
Jan. Green Patchy Field Dog (from "Collection Pets")
Dark Brown Valentine 2nd Gen (from "Collection Pets")
Feb. Grey Husky (from "Collection Pets")
Feb. Orange-spotted Wolf (from "Collection Pets")
Feb. Black Husky (from "Collection Pets")
Feb. White Wolf (from "Collection Pets")
Light Spotted Valentine 2nd Gen (from "Collection Pets")
Mar. Green Fireworks Dog (from "Collection Pets")
Mar. Light-faced Aztec (from "Collection Pets")
Mar. Blue-faced Aztec (from "Trades"! Hallelujah, they finally found it!)
Another Mar. Green Fireworks Dog (from "Trades")
Mar. Red Fireworks Dog (back to "Collection Pets" - Hmm, I think they took a wrong fork a few miles back there)
Apr. Black-ticked Cattle Dog (from "Collection Pets")
Apr. Banana Dog (from "Trades" - a glimmer of light, perhaps?)
May Blue Urban (from "Collection Pets" - nope, apparently not)
May Blue Shima (from "Collection Pets")
May Green Urban (from "Collection Pets")
June Tan-eared Wood Dog (from "Trades")
Aug. Common Moonflight Wolf (from "Trades" - they're on a winning streak now!)
Aug. Yellow Warpaint Wolf (from "Collection Pets" - oh, and they were so close to getting three in a row right)
Aug. Deep Sea Morality (from "Collection Pets")
Sept. Green Retro (from "Trades", but I'm not getting my hopes up...)
Sept. Light Malachite Wolf (from "Collection Pets". Yeah, good thing.)
Sept. Yellow Sortic (from "Collection Pets")
Sept. Common Malachite Wolf (from "Collection Pets")
Oct. Light Glowing Yin Yang (from "Trades")
Oct. Pink Sparkle (from "Collection Pets". Back and forth - it's like watching a tennis match!)
Oct. Black Glowing Yin Yang (from "Collection Pets" and the Pound, too)
Nov. Compumon Multi-Staff (from "Trades")
Nov. Flop-eared O:range (from "Trades")
Nov. Black Multistaff (from "Trades" - three in a row; looking good...)
Nov. Dark Ferret (from "Trades" - I think she's starting to get it...)
Nov. Grey Gears 2nd Gen (from "Trades" - I think she's got it! By George, she's got it!)

Their side:

Nothing

33 pets in all, most of them Uncommon and the majority not in my trade groups. Message:
33 pets is what i have selected unless i miscounted. Anything you want in my animal you go right on ahead and take. just ask and i will be more then happy to give them to you. its very hard to trade because i dont no what you like so here you just clik on me and choose what animals you want. i no some are in you off trade groups but remember any animal you want of mine and i will be keeping an eye open for you, for any animals that you want or that you are looking for.

As you can probably guess, they have nothing of any real value - a Zoo PPS is the best pet they have. They also already have several of the common pets they were asking for, and their pets from this month mostly haven't grown out of newborns yet. I might edit it down to one or two commons, but they really don't even have any common pets I'm interested in, so I might just cancel with some trading advice for the future. This is the first massive trade request I've received, so it's rather exciting. XD
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Santa Ria » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:39 pm

Mello wrote:If you have a group named "TRADES" and your rules say "if it's not in trades it's not FOR trade" then people should be as smart as not to ask for them.

mmmcoffee wrote:However, the people who get pissy and say, "Just lock the group!!!" honestly just piss me off. There are ways around the group lock function. And, what if not EVERY pet in a group is on your "never-gonna-trade" list? Not to mention, if you're sick of the whining/complaining, then what in god's name are you doing on the Trade Rant Thread? This is sanctioned complaining. >.> If complaining bothers you, you don't have to read it.

My point is though, if it BUGS you, LOCK the group. Ends the problem without you having to be rude to someone. It doesn't have to do with being smart either because people choose to ignore the rules, just like you choose not to lock your group; the reason it bugs me is because there are a lot of people who snap on perfectly capable 'players' who are just learning. Instead of explaining they get their head chewed off.

@Mmmcoffee -- I hate that people get so immature over a game. Then they get pissed off when they HAVE AN OPTION TO RID THEMSELVES OF A PROBLEM. Hmm lets see...why am I in the trade rant thread...because I read the stupid pitty things people complain about every day -- my rant has to do with TRADING, thus why I posted on the trade rant thread. Just like you said, if "n00b" trades bother you, you could lock the group, just like I "don't have to read" complaining if it bothers me. Take your own advice.
Santa Ria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tif + Jo » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:49 pm

I honestly would have to disagree with locking groups, although it does serve its purpose to some extent, I keep all groups open in perhaps the hopes of an opportunistic trade. If there was a way to lock individuals, that would be great, but I like to keep the options open.

While on-topic, I was checking on a friend's account to help clear up her trades and one of the trades bugged me so much. My friend was an early joiner and thus have many july/august 08s. While she does not go on the forum or go on CS much at all, the trade that iked me while clearing them up was one that asked for a common pointed July Moon, Floppy Moon w/o swirls, and a yellow toxic with the message "are u quitting??" with nothing on their side.

Discord: SierratheSharkDoge#2054
Tif + Jo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Christy » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:05 pm

I really need to stop looking at my old trades and I really wish the rarity thing had been around when we all first started joining

I have trades that I want to beat myself up for initiating it

One blue balloon and one pink balloon for
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/viewpet.php?id=532920
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/viewpet.php?id=593262

Pink Balloon and Pink Sorbet for
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/viewpet.php?id=399672
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/viewpet.php?id=463990
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/viewpet.php?id=464170

Swirly ruin dog thing from august for
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/viewpet.php?id=436093

-shakes head at myself- I dont even remember trading away my last pink balloon dog I thought I had another to keep for myself xD
Christy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mmmcoffee » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:19 pm

sublime wrote:
mmmcoffee wrote:However, the people who get pissy and say, "Just lock the group!!!" honestly just piss me off. There are ways around the group lock function. And, what if not EVERY pet in a group is on your "never-gonna-trade" list? Not to mention, if you're sick of the whining/complaining, then what in god's name are you doing on the Trade Rant Thread? This is sanctioned complaining. >.> If complaining bothers you, you don't have to read it.

@Mmmcoffee -- I hate that people get so immature over a game. Then they get pissed off when they HAVE AN OPTION TO RID THEMSELVES OF A PROBLEM. Hmm lets see...why am I in the trade rant thread...because I read the stupid pitty things people complain about every day -- my rant has to do with TRADING, thus why I posted on the trade rant thread. Just like you said, if "n00b" trades bother you, you could lock the group, just like I "don't have to read" complaining if it bothers me. Take your own advice.

Sure, some people are immature over a game. (Most of them are immature because they're like, seven or nine. Which ties back to what I was saying about young children not being on the internet.) But is all complaining immature? No. We all need to vent, to commiserate, to complain. I see very few people being immature about it, here.

Yes, there is a solution to the problem. Is it the solution to EVERY trade problem? No. There are still going to be ridiculous trade offers even on trade groups, and it's in our own best interest to keep our trade groups unlocked.

The fact remains that even if you had a hundred different groups and locked all the ones you never, ever wanted to trade, and kept the ones you would trade unlocked, people would still make stupid-ass trades and be rude and greedy and still drive you crazy. Locking is not always a solution to the problem, it's only the band-aid to the scrape.

By the by, I have never called anyone a "n00b," nor said that "n00b" trades bother me, so I don't know why you're quoting that.
Pet's name: Inno and the Muse
mmmcoffee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Santa Ria » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:55 pm

mmmcoffee wrote:
sublime wrote:

Sure, some people are immature over a game. (Most of them are immature because they're like, seven or nine. Which ties back to what I was saying about young children not being on the internet.) But is all complaining immature? No. We all need to vent, to commiserate, to complain. I see very few people being immature about it, here.

Yes, there is a solution to the problem. Is it the solution to EVERY trade problem? No. There are still going to be ridiculous trade offers even on trade groups, and it's in our own best interest to keep our trade groups unlocked.

The fact remains that even if you had a hundred different groups and locked all the ones you never, ever wanted to trade, and kept the ones you would trade unlocked, people would still make stupid-ass trades and be rude and greedy and still drive you crazy. Locking is not always a solution to the problem, it's only the band-aid to the scrape.

By the by, I have never called anyone a "n00b," nor said that "n00b" trades bother me, so I don't know why you're quoting that.

I'm going to completely disagree. Yes, I get stupid trades, I laugh and then cancel. I also have every group except for my two trade folders locked knowing I won't trade any of my rares that are in those groups.

I just believe its a waste of time and energy especially if you are not willing to sacrifice locking a few groups. I also never said you said 'n00b', I was merely quoting what everyone seems to call new people.
Santa Ria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me