Rares List Discussion *DISCONTINUED*

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Rares List Discussion *DISCONTINUED*

Postby JK341 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:01 pm

So far it hasnt affected me too much tbh, Just one swap with advent pets that were on the same tier and another that was considered "fair" accoriding to the former list, i'm also noticing the increase in wild offers that lil rascal mentioned a few posts back. Thankfully i have been here long enough to kind of gain my sea legs, so to speak, and have several experienced friends here who i can rely on getting advice from.

Of course being a semi-newbie, my words only carry but so much weight compared to you guys. :lol:
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Corporate Cannibal » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:12 pm

J-and-K341 wrote:So far it hasnt affected me too much tbh, Just one swap with advent pets that were on the same tier and another that was considered "fair" accoriding to the former list, i'm also noticing the increase in wild offers that lil rascal mentioned a few posts back. Thankfully i have been here long enough to kind of gain my sea legs, so to speak, and have several experienced friends here who i can rely on getting advice from.

Of course being a semi-newbie, my words only carry but so much weight compared to you guys. :lol:

Just cause your newish to the site doesn't mean anything. If your savvy with trades, no one will have ever noticed ^^
The end of the list didn't effect me really. Though I have found that "list" pets are actually easier to trade for. In a sense. Demand is still something people are trying desperately to hold onto, but again, I think this will die down eventually. It's just a matter of being patient. I agree demand should come into play with pets like the UR Tiger Dog (well, all the UR pets), but someone tried to trade my UR Butterfly Wolf for this months store pets and used the retirement of the list as their reason. There may be a lot of these trades in the near future for a while till things settle.
Hello black mirror, my oldest enemy...

Image Image Image Image

So say bye to the old and hello to that rainbow road!
Corporate Cannibal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:05 pm

The Inquisitior wrote:Just cause your newish to the site doesn't mean anything. If your savvy with trades, no one will have ever noticed ^^

Heheh, thanks. I tend to get a little too self concious over things sometimes, especially on forums like this, and especially concerning things like the ex-rares list. :lol:

I agree that it will be really interesting to see where the demand goes for these guys after a while. c:
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stumpy. » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:29 pm

Idk how exactly to feel about all of this.. while it's exciting to have the opportunity to get better pets and more fair trades, the whole "No more list" was super startling in all honesty. I've never had enough pets to really work the list, but I definitely used it as a refrence. Guess we're just waiting now..
Hungry for art.
he/him
wildlife biology major
Stumpy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pthumerian » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:17 pm

not sure what to think about this either ... I wasn't obsessed with the list ever, I often found it rather annoying, but now I feel like my "list pets" are not worth as much anymore (even though that's technically not true). I also fear that certain "list pets" will now be traded for even higher than before just because people think they can do that for some reason. Especially with old store pets, which were already a problem for a long time since they are never re-released.
pthumerian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby plane » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:07 pm

Haha I'm just very confused about everything, but that's OK I guess. I'm definitely startled because, even though I agree that the list created unhealthy demand, it was also a guide and a structure for uncertain players who aren't well-versed in trading to follow, so I feel a bit uncertain about everything.

I'm sure, though, that eventually, maybe in the distant future, there will be a "guide" of sorts that is sort of like a manifestation of this list. Demand is inevitable. Even if it isn't written down, there will be an unsaid "list" that people categorize pets' demand by. So really, getting rid of the list is just getting rid of the unhealthy demand and replacing it for a restructured demand system that is sure to climb anyway as well.

I'm not sure how I feel about anything haha. Very confusing to make this change, and I half like it half dislike it.
plane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angst » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:27 pm

I'm so down for this.

Haven't gone online for awhile now, and like, now I'm considering getting into CS again.

I've always traded according to preference, not rares. It feels good that more people will let go a bit. Start thinking critically about their collection -- what pets do they like regardless of their list placement? Why is that so?

I have a small WL of pets I just... genuinely appreciate the design of? And I hope CS can become a bit more like that, about aesthetics, what pets touch us, and whichever artist's work we admire. Assigning individual value to pets is infinitely more valuable than a list could ever be.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
𓆩★𓆪
• angst • any/all • adult • neurodivergent •
|
|
tired & silly grad student :~)
i'm kinda slow + socially anxious when it comes to DMs
thanks for understanding!
trades | free palestine
credit

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
angst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Icescape » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:47 pm

Um, I'm not sure if this is okay to post here since it doesn't quite relate to the now retired list but since it relates to how pets are valued based on rarity tags and such I hope it's okay.

Message from a cancelled trade. Name of pet hidden for privacy.
"Sorry, even though [name of pet] is a rare and yours is a very rare, they're both store pets meaning that they have the same value as all other store pets of their year. Mine is a 2016 store pet and yours is from 2018, so mine is more valuable."

While I can understand their point it's still a personal opinion on valueing right? Since it's a fact that a very rare will always be worth more than a rare rarity wise regardless of year?
Semi around the site. Message me if you need anything.

Avatar art by Sixbane here on CS
Gif art by ticketmastr on DA
Tiny pixel art by Niluna here on CS
Characters belong to me

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Icescape

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:05 pm

With store pets it is complicated. You can look at their rarity label, but... they were bought with c$. Which means they are all worth at least 20c$, more if they are older.
But this should be posted in the 'how much is this pet worth' thread.
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:14 pm

If they were regular release pets then I would say the 2018 VR was worth more than the 2016 Rare because we know it's rarer and the release dates aren't far enough away for the rarity tag to be dismissed like that.

But for store pets I would disagree with this solely because of their release method - people can buy as many as they want. This means that store pets that are more popular tend to be bought more and thus have lower rarities. This essentially counteracts their rarity tag imo. If you put the pets on a balance, the VR would have a large rarity weight and a small demand weight. The rare would have a small rarity weight and a large demand weight. As to how big those weights are, depends on the individual pets and the traders. This only apply to store pets though, I must reiterate.

That's my thoughts on store pets c:
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me