A Guide Index ~ Posting Welcome!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: A Guide Index ~ Posting Welcome!

Postby DaDwarf » Mon May 11, 2015 4:12 am

Just wanted to add, i only recently got the bw guide and its severly out of date! Im still working on updating, it just goes slow. Any help regarding naming on any of the guides i own is welcome! C:
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zephyricle » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:38 am

what is the 2009 VR mime pps worth?
the black one with the white face and red triangles on his eyes. (I currently don't have a picture)

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS DRINK MILK!!!

Previously Happythorn07 :)
She|He|They
Zephyricle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PronghornPlush » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:57 am

I've made a guide for the chameleons, since I saw there wasn't one yet and i thought it'd be fun to put together~
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2746699&p=88539001#p88539001
PronghornPlush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:59 am

We usually don't make guides until there are more then one litter released xD i was going to add them to my smaller species guide but this is fine too! If you need any help, feel free to pm me C: (Just at tip, try to name them by their most commonly used name on the forums, even if that doesn't match the coloring/species xD)
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PronghornPlush » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:35 am

Sounds good! Though I was thinking that I would put the names as what they are based on, instead of what people just call them, since there's probably people that want to know. I will probably go state that on the guide. If it ends up being too separate from what people commonly call them then maybe we could have two separate guide things? Shrugs, we will see how it goes
PronghornPlush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:10 pm

^ When pets are based on a very specific thing (like a particular species), it's generally best to go with the name of what it's based on, but if it happens to get a different widely used popular name, you can add that into the guide as well, like 'Name 1/Name 2'. :3 For example, the Nick Fennec is very commonly thought to be based on a chihuahua, so it would be labelled as the Nick Fennec/Chihuahua even though it's not actually based on a chihuahua at all. For the chameleons, if/when more get made, it's very unlikely they'll all be based on real things, so at least some pets in the guide will end up having only popular names anyway.
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PronghornPlush » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:18 pm

Thanks Atwood, I'll probably do that :3
PronghornPlush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:27 am

The problem with naming them after their species is mainly that you cause confusion xD For example, you named the horned one jackson's cham, while i've not really seen that name being used at all (tho haven't been that actively looking). People just say the horned chameleon. The guide is supposed to help, not confuse. if that makes sense xD Just see how it goes, you can always edit so it's not really a big deal for now haha You can always check the other guides for help and stuff, i'm sure it'll be easy to handle :D
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Joof » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:07 am

DaDwarf wrote:The problem with naming them after their species is mainly that you cause confusion xD For example, you named the horned one jackson's cham, while i've not really seen that name being used at all (tho haven't been that actively looking). People just say the horned chameleon. The guide is supposed to help, not confuse. if that makes sense xD Just see how it goes, you can always edit so it's not really a big deal for now haha You can always check the other guides for help and stuff, i'm sure it'll be easy to handle :D

Just wanted to add, that i've seen many people calling the horned cham jackson's cham. For example in that monthly discussion thread, but also swap thread.
i would go with the idea of putting both names up, because like DD said, it may cause confusion...
Joof

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:06 am

Y'all should take the discussion to the thread lol
-fireflii