Collection Discussion Thread ♡ NEW Thread and Poll!* ♡

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What do you think about the new rarities?

What? New rarities??
1%
I'm confused.
5%
I'm glad!
45%
I don't like them.
5%
It'll take some getting used to.
38%
IDK/Wanna vote >=D
5%

Total votes : 369

Re: Collection Discussion Thread ♡ NEW Thread and Poll!* ♡

Postby Lady Mekka » Mon May 20, 2024 7:49 am

Another exciting milestone! I'm down to 31 pages of WL! It's wild to see that I was missing 58 pages of WL towards a complete collection two months ago and now I'm already almost down to half that number! :) I'm really dreading the pages as I get closer to completion though since I know I'm slowly getting to more and more difficult territory, lol.
My trade thread!

Image October 2023 Image February 2024 Image June 2023 Image June 2023 Image August 2023 {PPS}
Image February 2022 Image Internet Event 2022 Image Halloween 2023
Lady Mekka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby In The Darke » Mon May 20, 2024 8:26 am

I thought I did so good organising my groups, I did all this trade and hoard group merging + dupe removing with the chicken smoothie helper (a blessing <3) a couple of years ago... yet somehow I managed to trade off my only copy of this random '21 vc cat that wasn't a dupe. I've already traded for one and added it to my collection group, but every time it happens it makes me wonder... how many of my pets in trade groups aren't dupes? The last time I went through them all on the hunt for misplaced pets I found this pony that must've been in my dog group for years... I guess the plus side is any of these occurrences only really happen with rare and under pets because I don't have very much rare+ fodder (':
Does anyone care to share their organisational woes regarding their collections? Also, preventative measure suggestions are always good. idk how I mess up so often but advice on how to not is always appreciated
αιи'т иσ вℓα∂є ¢αи ρяσтє¢т уσυ fяσм тнє тяυє тяυє

Lornsome night,
babbits bawlin',
wind bitin' the bone.
Wind like this,
full of voices.
Ancestry howlin' at you;
Now, find you devil,
Old Georgie himself.
Now you hear up close
and I'll yarn you about
the first time we met
eye to eye.
'you bring the stories'.
All their voices
tied up into one.
One voice different,
one voice whispering
out there,
spying from the dark.

In The Darke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Never & Rush » Mon May 20, 2024 10:20 am

In The Darke wrote:I thought I did so good organising my groups, I did all this trade and hoard group merging + dupe removing with the chicken smoothie helper (a blessing <3) a couple of years ago... yet somehow I managed to trade off my only copy of this random '21 vc cat that wasn't a dupe. I've already traded for one and added it to my collection group, but every time it happens it makes me wonder... how many of my pets in trade groups aren't dupes? The last time I went through them all on the hunt for misplaced pets I found this pony that must've been in my dog group for years... I guess the plus side is any of these occurrences only really happen with rare and under pets because I don't have very much rare+ fodder (':
Does anyone care to share their organisational woes regarding their collections? Also, preventative measure suggestions are always good. idk how I mess up so often but advice on how to not is always appreciated

literally the same thing just happened to me but a random ‘14 VC pony that wasn’t a dupe that broke my pony collection ;o; i feel your pain. i’ve been just double checking any pets that i get trades for, but my plan is to comb through my groups with the archive up on another device or something so i can take a little roll call lol
paying 5 C$ for ANY WL rare or 2 WL EUCs!
✨Never's Flight Rising✨ ❄️Rush’s Flight Rising❄️
ImageImage
hi im Never, and Rush is a huge adorable loser <3
<333
Never & Rush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FreddyCenobite » Mon May 20, 2024 10:36 am

In The Darke wrote:I thought I did so good organising my groups, I did all this trade and hoard group merging + dupe removing with the chicken smoothie helper (a blessing <3) a couple of years ago... yet somehow I managed to trade off my only copy of this random '21 vc cat that wasn't a dupe. I've already traded for one and added it to my collection group, but every time it happens it makes me wonder... how many of my pets in trade groups aren't dupes? The last time I went through them all on the hunt for misplaced pets I found this pony that must've been in my dog group for years... I guess the plus side is any of these occurrences only really happen with rare and under pets because I don't have very much rare+ fodder (':

Oh, I do that all the time! This is another reason why I only keep a handful of UFT groups unlocked. I throw a lot into storage and actually have an excessive amount of storage because I make a point of checking like 15 times to make sure I'm not putting something I'm missing UFT. I have 3 years of pets locked tightly because I know somewhere in there is something I'm missing.

It's why I get very annoyed when similar looking outcomes are out because I have very bad eyes and they're the best they'll ever be. I know one year I almost lost like 3 foxes because they were all blue. This litter had like 10+ outcomes or something, 3-4 of which were blue, and I thought I had them all and I didn't. Thankfully if I accidentally swap something away, it's something from the last twoish years. I know this because I traded away a '22 or '23 OMGSC dog last year. I now make a point of throwing all monthly/current doubles into storage instead of trades so I KNOW I won't miss something. If there’s similar looking pets (like really similar), I try and find characteristics that separate them from each other. That’s how I figured out the foxes I almost lost.

The worst thing I almost traded away was a TD, 2009 VR (now ER) rat. Go look at the last January 2009 rat litter and, without doing a side-by-side comparison, tell me the difference between them. If you can't easily find it, I didn't either!

Second worst thing I almost traded away was a 2015 VR flower lion.
Basic info:
Pet of the moment:

Disabled adult She/Her Dog mom Ex-retiree
Movie geek Horror fan Halloween lover
My hoards Trade thread Offsite thread
My FRHow close I am to a full CS set
RIP my little butthead ♥️
CS TikoMy Tiko

If I haven’t responded to offer(s), it means I’m thinking
Last half of my user: Sen-uh-bite (send without the “d”)
Prefer no random PMs unless it's about offers
FreddyCenobite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kurou » Mon May 20, 2024 8:44 pm

What are your goals on CS?
A complete collection of:
Incomplete collections:

All Bats (141/147) 6 missing!
PPS Foxes (78/81) 3 missing!
Caterpillars (72/76) 4 missing! Super proud of getting a Bee, but I can't find a Peach! T_T
Coccoons (21/39)18 missing! (can't find that one liste??)
Grown Dwarf Hamsters (325/328) Only 3 missing!!!
ALL Eggs (57/??) Idk how many are missing, but the Rainbow egg is one of them!
'Frogs' [Dwarfies an chameleons designed like frogs] (39/???) idk how many
'Hedgehogs' [Dwarfies/Syrian hammies] (22/???) idk how many there are
Malk Owl PPS (7/8) only one '12 VR missing!
Malk Wolves (5/13) 8 missing
PPS Bunnies (84/???) don't know how many are missing x.x
PPS Hamsters [any breed](18/???) I THINK I might have them all but I'm not sure!

Complete (???) collections (not sure, I'm awful at counting in the archive x.x)

Lying Fawns (33/33)
PPS Guinea Pigs (24/24)
EPPS Cats (81/81)
PPS Snakes (25/25)
'Arctic/fluffy foxes' (8/8)
EPPS Otters (6/6)
PPS Otters (30/30)
PPS Chickens (101/101)
PPS & EPPS Spiders (4/4)
All PPS Rats (100/100)

And some themed collections lol.

My dreamies are achieved! (:

(I'd love to link them all but looking through the thread I'm assuming this isn't the place for that?)

How close are you to completion?

Already answered!

How long have you worked on this goal?
For my dreamies? Almost 13 years on-off on one.
ALL of my collections were just started 'officially' in April & this month, though!! (: (I've played A LOT)

(Also: Oof I've never used the chicken Smoothie helper out of fear that something like that might happen! Dx)
Image<- Click us! <3 ->Image
⬆️ Self-care shrimpImage Magical Shark Princess⬆️ 💕
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kurou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Tiger~ » Wed May 22, 2024 6:25 am

I've been painstakingly going through my groups lately, I think I stalled out around the ponies (one of my last groups besides Rodents and the Second/Third gen pets) and let me tell you I had SO MANY out of place. Some of that was that I changed how I wanted to organize them, and some of it was simply misplacing pets. I do wish there was a slightly better way to search for stuff, several times I had to stop organizing to hunt through my literal hundreds of pet groups to try and find the one where I put the pet I was looking for.

I'm not sure how to advise you to stop messing up, as I do it far too often! But part of what I have started doing is when I move a pet to a group I follow after it to make sure it arrived in the correct group safely. There have been at least two or three times in recent memory where I either picked the wrong group or my mouse scroll wheel malfunctioned and I put them in the wrong spot and 'lost' them for a little while. So definitely, double check your work even if you're sure you did it right! It only takes a moment haha.
уσυ αяє ωнαт уσυ ℓσνє, ησт ωнσ ℓσνєѕ уσυ
SilverTiger on Eldemore
SilverChan on Flight Rising

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
Silver Tiger~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Wed May 22, 2024 6:52 am

When the archives updated to show collections, I thought I knew what I was missing and they were all on my wishlist. I looked and I was missing random pets: a pony, a Halloween cocatrice, and some others. After I saw that, I got all my trades and all my collections and dumped them into one big group. I used the CS helper to take all duplicates and put them into their own group and then had to comb through everything by hand and sort them back. It took a while but I now know nothing in my trade groups are pets I only have one of.

FreddyCenobite wrote:It's why I get very annoyed when similar looking outcomes are out because I have very bad eyes and they're the best they'll ever be.

I have the same problem. I have missed several monthly pets because of bad eyesight. There were two dogs right beside each other and I finally named one because I kept thinking it was a duplicate

accounts/viewgroup.php?userid=245926&groupid=2549820&pageStart=2160

Other than slighly higher contrast, it only has a line on the chest area
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me