Rares List Discussion *DISCONTINUED*

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Rares List Discussion *DISCONTINUED*

Postby Goostarion » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:18 am

wolfkingdom372 wrote:So.. When is the thread going to be locked? There hasn't been any updates in about a week.

I was hoping to give the owners of the thread more time to talk it out. However they have mostly been offline or have been not contributing to the thread. I’ve added a post to address the latest issue in attempts to see if the conversation will continue onwards.

But I also wish to have faith in them to complete this task.
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beemo » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:09 am

sorry if it's already been asked, but will anything happen to the "rares list swap" thread?
beemo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LLHBBB » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:27 am

Zetirian wrote:
wolfkingdom372 wrote:So.. When is the thread going to be locked? There hasn't been any updates in about a week.

I was hoping to give the owners of the thread more time to talk it out. However they have mostly been offline or have been not contributing to the thread. I’ve added a post to address the latest issue in attempts to see if the conversation will continue onwards.

Not sure why getting it locked is such a big deal. It's dead and the list is discontinued so who really cares how long it takes for them to finish and lock it. I see a lot of comments from a lot of different people asking the same question so please don't see this as an attack on anyone. It just doesn't make any sense to me personally as to what the big deal is.
also have and Eldemore account with the same user name. As well as a FR account with the same name.
LLHBBB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby - Alice - » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:32 am

I know the other threads being locked so will this mean that list discussion can go here? To the people who still want to use it? If not can we make a forum for it? Y'all said we can follow what list we want and I wanna follow the old one. So can we discuss that here?

It's just every time I've tried to I've often been shut down by the non supporters of the list. Which is fine but I'm still allowed to use it ^^"
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
hey everyone! I am slowly quitting chicken smoothie [something
I've been saying for the last 3years pff]
and am slowly trading
everything for art or ocs! your welcome to dm me for art or oc
sales but I also have forums linked to below with all info :3

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
- Alice -

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:39 am

Beemo wrote:sorry if it's already been asked, but will anything happen to the "rares list swap" thread?

It’s been unpinned already by staff and is more or less just floating around somewhere in the trade tab if people chose to use it. Tho I haven’t seen it posted on since it was unpinned... it still exists for people who wish to use it but isn’t marked as an official swap thread anymore (like feb and march swap thread)
Quitting CS, looking to sell Lists and Store pets for art
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:42 am

thejokerkeepsmiling1 wrote:I know the other threads being locked so will this mean that list discussion can go here? To the people who still want to use it? If not can we make a forum for it? Y'all said we can follow what list we want and I wanna follow the old one. So can we discuss that here?

It's just every time I've tried to I've often been shut down by the non supporters of the list. Which is fine but I'm still allowed to use it ^^"

I’m guessing so? You should be allowed to discuss the list onsite as much as your heart desires. I can’t really say anything otherwise in regards to discussing it as a general.

Though with that said, I do feel as if it will probably be shut down, the conversation that is, if the discussion turns to a debate and then turns again into chaos similar to what happened with the vote. I don’t believe CS staff will deal with the behaviour shown.

LLHBBB wrote:
Zetirian wrote:

Not sure why getting it locked is such a big deal. It's dead and the list is discontinued so who really cares how long it takes for them to finish and lock it. I see a lot of comments from a lot of different people asking the same question so please don't see this as an attack on anyone. It just doesn't make any sense to me personally as to what the big deal is.

I don’t see it as a big deal. I mainly ask to see what’s happening and if things are progressing I can see the lynching happening from passionate cs users who don’t see any progress happening. I’m not asking for daily posts, considering the original deal was to just discontinue the list and that was it. What’s happening now might have been based off my suggestion back in the original thread about writing a blerb and information about the list and what it’s purpose was. Link and bonus link

People may have missed the start of this when it was flooding with posts galore, so to most users they wouldn’t know about it at all. Cause of this I believe asking about it is very well valid.

So I made a post. Acknowledging the time passing(something I’ve done in the rares thread since ‘16). Apologising for sounding like a rush, gave an answer to the lingering question, wrote down an idea on how to address the question, wrote an example and off we go.
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:30 pm

Well one week on from the decision to discontinue the list and I'm wondering how everyone is going without the list? Is it turning out as you'd hoped? Better? Worse? Have there been any outcomes that you didn't expect?

Personally I voted rebuild but didn't really expect it to have much affect on my trading no matter the result as I've always used the list as a rough guide and taken my own preferences, rarity labels and rarity change information much more seriously. But I've found it has affected trading far more than I would have expected. Apart from C$ trades or current pet swaps, I have mostly been receiving trades from people trying to take advantage of the situation by trying to get ex-list pets for even less than would be fair rarity wise for just a normal old VR. Of course everyone receives the occasional unfair trade, either from people who don't know better or people hoping to score a bargain, but this is on a scale I've never seen before, even the Dec 18 snipers can't rival this. So trading has pretty much ground to a halt. I am honestly surprised and, as someone not artistic and only on CS for collecting, hope it settles down soon as I'm sadly finding CS without trading pretty boring.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ramattra » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:40 pm

lil rascal wrote:Well one week on from the decision to discontinue the list and I'm wondering how everyone is going without the list? Is it turning out as you'd hoped? Better? Worse? Have there been any outcomes that you didn't expect?

Personally I voted rebuild but didn't really expect it to have much affect on my trading no matter the result as I've always used the list as a rough guide and taken my own preferences, rarity labels and rarity change information much more seriously. But I've found it has affected trading far more than I would have expected. Apart from C$ trades or current pet swaps, I have mostly been receiving trades from people trying to take advantage of the situation by trying to get ex-list pets for even less than would be fair rarity wise for just a normal old VR. Of course everyone receives the occasional unfair trade, either from people who don't know better or people hoping to score a bargain, but this is on a scale I've never seen before, even the Dec 18 snipers can't rival this. So trading has pretty much ground to a halt. I am honestly surprised and, as someone not artistic and only on CS for collecting, hope it settles down soon as I'm sadly finding CS without trading pretty boring.

I’m liking it so far! It’s nice not having to worry so much about getting a good deal and just trading for what you want. Not gonna lie, I always found list trading to be very stressful and it wasn’t easy to do if you weren’t an older user, super good at art, or have a lot of off-site currency (and I wasn’t any of those 3!). So I’m happy to see the list gone even though I had voted for rebuild too.
𝔰𝔲𝔣𝔣𝔢𝔯 𝔞𝔰 𝔦 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 !
hiiii i'm emmie ! #1 pharah pocketer
game art major | adult | she/her | black
my dA CS art gallery commissions

i hoard these cats and will overpay for them !
ramattra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:49 pm

I’m finding it fascinating.

On the one hand I feel comfortable stating that a omgsr isn’t worth thousands of darn 09 rares. It’s relaxing relieving and to me it is the step in the right direction.

On the other hand. The worth of all the pets are so lost and confusing I don’t know enough where to begin and I feel like a chook with its head chopped off.

But I like that. I feel a sense of freedom now, and a challenge. You can at this moment go “ that OMGSR equals this one.” And for the first time since 09, that is correct. And not false information. And that is to me the breath of life the trading community needed.

I voted retire.
I am on mobile.
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mars » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:51 pm

things have been going well so far for me personally, too (: the discontinuation of this list has gotten me back into trading again and I feel much more confident in my decisions than before. I definitely enjoy learning how to trade again, like figuring out how the market has changed since I last traded rarer pets and figuring out my own ways to do so without the restrictions placed on me previously.

I remain hopeful about locking this. for anyone stressing over receiving trades that they don't like, maybe try flipping the perspective to give you a better idea of what you value your pets at and go from there? like,,,,,what if you're the one trading for that pet instead of trying to give it away? how many rares would you be willing to give for it? how many very rares? if you expect a high price for your pet but aren't willing to give that much for it yourself, you might need to re-evaluate. if it matches up, then great! that's a good place to start. try to find someone who sees things the same way and trade with them. leaving your pets open to offers is bound to draw in people who don't see eye-to-eye with you, but there will always be some who agree if you look in the right places.

화성 여성 레즈 감각처리장애 + 광장공포증

hi !! I'm mars, a gal with spd + agoraphobia.
I frequent the oc + adoptables side of cs.

my interests rn include genshin, skz,
learning languages, and drawing !! :3c

my cs inbox is full so please chat w/ me
on discord @ mars_v_e

나는 네가 자랑스럽다. 계속 최선을 다하거라 ♡

mars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups