Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby T. Faulkner » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:11 am

So I sent a trade asking what a person wanted for their dark blue and red Nick Birthday dragon. Asked them to look through my Trades group for anything they might be interested in in return. (She had no trade rules saying not to, so I figured it'd be alright.) Next day I get a PM.

She'd like my Black-Eyed Halloween dog for it, if you please.

Her PM basically states that she went through my pets- all of my pets, not just my Trades- and found that I had several Black-Eyed Halloween dogs. So she thought it was fair to ask for one. Oh, and I could add one more pet from her side, since it was a rare.

Okay, so I have three of those Halloween dogs. Here's the kicker. Two of them are in groups that are clearly labeled "RESERVED". One of them is even named "RESERVED FOR PURPLE TOXIC", as I'm bidding her in an auction for a friend. Which means I have only just one which I'm saving for myself. And since she went through all that trouble to look through those groups, all of which were locked, she surely can't have missed those labels. What's more, I didn't get a single one of those dogs from pets I adopted myself during the Trick or Treat event; I had to trade for all of them. Why would I trade even one of them for cheap?

*sighs* In other news, I really wish Nick would figure out that loophole in the trading systems and get it fixed. I got a trade for a Malk Staff Pup in my Ungrouped pets, which are locked. I sent the trade to them first, and they edited it to include him- but still, the locks are supposed to block that, aren't they? I know that when I edit other trades, if their ungrouped pets are locked, I can't even see it in the drop-down box...
Hey mods! I'm merging accounts with Diabolacuna, so I'll be sending all my pets over to her a bit at a time! Thanks for understanding!
T. Faulkner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IndigoBook » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:16 am

strayscream wrote:*sighs* In other news, I really wish Nick would figure out that loophole in the trading systems and get it fixed. I got a trade for a Malk Staff Pup in my Ungrouped pets, which are locked. I sent the trade to them first, and they edited it to include him- but still, the locks are supposed to block that, aren't they? I know that when I edit other trades, if their ungrouped pets are locked, I can't even see it in the drop-down box...

The "Add a new pet by ID number" box when you go to send a trade is what allows people to do this. I'm not even sure why it's there--shouldn't it be a taken off if it can be used maliciously?
Hmm.
IndigoBook

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EnteHühnchen » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:45 am

I think it works for every group except the "Pets without a group" pets. I'm not completely sure though.
Had a bad day? Need a laugh? Visit these sites: Not Always Right & Computer Stupidities
DisabledLlama wrote:Guinea Pig is my main occupation.
Libertas wrote:Revenge! :P
ImageImageImageImage
EnteHühnchen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby T. Faulkner » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:25 am

But it was specifically a pet in my Ungrouped pets thing...

Can someone do me a favour? Try to send me a trade from my Ungrouped pets by using that Pet ID Add feature? I want to confirm this before I try contacting Nick about this. Either that, or does anyone have their Ungrouped Pets locked who wouldn't mind me testing to see if I can send them a trade?

EDIT: Thanks everyone (and by everyone I mean Mello, Dancer, and Midnight_Shadow. XD Sheesh, you people work fast!) This should be plenty of proof.

On a side note, it's really weird that that code thing only seems to work for Ungrouped Pets. Not pets from any other group. Strange. (Looks like I'll be moving my Growing pets to a new group!)
Hey mods! I'm merging accounts with Diabolacuna, so I'll be sending all my pets over to her a bit at a time! Thanks for understanding!
T. Faulkner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mello » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:29 pm

wth MAN!
I just got two dumb trades. (no longer calling them n00bs)
first trade:
my side: A rare griner NOT IN TRADES
their side:
their note:
my note wth READ MY RULES NOT FOR TRADE!

second trade:
my side: A uncommon avent I had for got to put away so was in my ungroupped pets (but still not for trade)
their side: A feb 2nd gen (which I think i have)
their note [qoute]hi! Ummm....ucommon for uncommon?[/qoute]
my note wth read my rules they aren't just for show
Mello

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tsabhira » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:44 pm

So, I got this trade earlier today...

Their side:
Not a bad start...

Until, of course, you see what they wanted... (linked because it's freakin' huge, but you gotta see it just to get the impact XD)

I think my favorite part is at the end, my Cerberus and Skelebun tucked in among the warrior cats all "doo dee doo don't mind us we're not really here..." as if I wouldn't notice them.
Tsabhira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tru » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:49 pm

Well today, I started offering nearly 300 pets for adoptions, as I didn't want to hoard any longer, so all my hoard pets were up for adoption. I get someone in the midst of 70 trade requests for free pets sends me a trade for:

The bone PPS advent, Orange PPS advent, the purple grinner, and the dog tag bunny.

With the message of:
PLZ ACCEPT!!

I am not stupid, I know which pets I hoard and which I don't, I also know those are all in my trades.
It took everything I had not to curse this person out, and ended up just typing NO.

I hate scammers....
Tru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A-train » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:08 pm

Let's do a send-bad-trade thing! ^^;

Anybody who wants to, send a bad trade to me *NOWS*; just, wells.... make sure that you say at the end that this is from the Trade Rant thread, or else I will cancel with a bad message. XD Btw, snowychan05, I'm coming to send you a bad trade.... ^^; *le leaps* XD
Feeling a bit down? Want a free pet? You may pick one pet from this group here :>)

Howling ghosts they reappear
In mountains that are stacked with fear
But you're a king and I'm a lionheart

And in the sea that's painted black,
Creatures lurk below the deck
But you're the king and I'm a lionheart
A-train

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shai » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:29 pm

~Amberleaf~ wrote:Let's do a send-bad-trade thing! ^^;

Anybody who wants to, send a bad trade to me *NOWS*; just, wells.... make sure that you say at the end that this is from the Trade Rant thread, or else I will cancel with a bad message. XD Btw, snowychan05, I'm coming to send you a bad trade.... ^^; *le leaps* XD

There is a n00b trade center for doing that sort of thing, here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=59763
Derp. Derp.
Shai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Svaler » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:57 pm

It's not up anymore, because what they tried to do was mean and unfair.

Trading ALL items for pets.
Seriously. If I have an item, send a trade for it.
Svaler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me