Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby yueko » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:26 pm

Carm wrote:
Seasonal <3 wrote:What makes me maddest is when newbies, agred 10-13, use chatspeak. It makes the forum users who are in that age range look like they'll talk like that as well. I'm 12, and I've had a lot of people trade with me that stereotype me for my age rather than how I truly do act. I get trades from people who think just because I'm a 12-year-old, they can scam me and get rare pets. That's when you can tell the difference between newbies and people trying to act like them. I cannot begin to list how many trades I receive saying things like "Hey! You know, this pet is really rare. The system says it's rare, but ______________." in chatspeak (I for one don't like to type chatspeak), and I know that the users agred 16 and older don't receive that much nonsense on an hourly basis.

Hopefully that's all I have to say about bad trades today. ._.

Hey, we're both 12! The same thing happens for me. x__x /offtopic

I got a trade asking for most of my rares. Their message? "Please reserve these for me." The trade was cancelled because I traded one of the pets away, but they recently sent me another, asking for more of my rares. Their message? "I'm not a beg" .. what's a beg?

Lol, I'm 11. But it is quite annoying when that happens. Especially in trades. I'm not totally against chat speak, like lol, btw Etc... But I just hate it when people overuse them. Like, in trades some people do this: "can u plz trde me dis pet? i relly lyke it." As for messages like, "Hey! You know, this pet is really rare. The system says it's rare, but ______________." I haven't gotten them yet which is quite lucky.

As for bad trades, I've just gotten ones where people beg for pets without giving something in return.
yueko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ocelotboye » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:19 pm

Just Because i put a Notice that all of my pets are for trade, Its a total N00b Magnet i tell you!
Here are some Trades that i found when i logged back on..

TRADE1
Their Side:
Common 2nd Gen PPS
Uncommon Valentines PPS
Uncommon Pink Sortic Dog

My Side:
Red X PPS
Red X Growing

I will give you any of my pets but not the pets in the not for trade group

Cancel Message:
READ
I Will Cancel This Trade Because i See nothing of Use.

Gooooodddd....I Have Face Palmed So much.

TRADE2
Their Side:
Nothing

My Side:
Evil PPS

Hi, I love this dog. Can i have it?

Cancel Message:
No.

I await for a Fair Trade...
Ffff...
ocelotboye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wildmagic_warrior » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:39 am

It makes me laugh when some noob sends a ridiculous trade offer, then gets mad when I cancel it. They spam up my PM box, but it is funny to read the messages, because whoever is writing them obviously expected me to keel over and give them those pets for that newborn, or that thorn PPS for free, or etc.
I'm Wildmagic_warrior,
but you can call me Wild.

Pronouns: he / him

I have a bachelor's degree in Russian Studies. I also love stage management and theater tech! English is my first language, but I also speak Russian and sign ASL.
Wildmagic_warrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Wild at Heart » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:52 am

ahh i've managed to avoid bad trade so far but this one just takes the cake..

They wanted:
Watermelon dog &holly advent dog

some thing along the lines of "my newborns are in my november group, look there please"

now of course i wonder how they got thier hands on those dogs sicne most of my rare-ish ones are locked in a wishlist group.

oh of course. they picked out of my "for rose PPS" group that i had made for an auction. nice.

my message back
oh hmm, maybe theres a reason there in a group called "For rose PPS"
just maybe..

some people <_< and they even joined in nov 2008 what is the wold coming to.
~Wild at Heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ocelotboye » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:58 am

dogfancy0 wrote:
some people <_< and they even joined in nov 2008 what is the wold coming to.

That, Is a horrible outlook on us 08's..Yes, i agree with you fully.
ocelotboye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eucliwood » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:08 am

Just because you joined in '08 does not mean that you're the most experienced trader. Quite a few good traders have joined in '09. ^^

To get back on topic.. We just got a trade for this season pony by Equimagine. They told us to edit since they really want it and we picked out a staff blanket and a caterpillar (blue)..

They cancel saying. "No thanks." T_T
Eucliwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Veggievampire » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:15 am

Drama Llama wrote:Just because you joined in '08 does not mean that you're the most experienced trader. Quite a few good traders have joined in '09. ^^

To get back on topic.. We just got a trade for this season pony by Equimagine. They told us to edit since they really want it and we picked out a staff blanket and a caterpillar (blue)..

*facepalms*
I haven't had any noob trades for a while o3o

Wait.."we"? o3o
Veggievampire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eucliwood » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:22 am

Veggievampire wrote:
Drama Llama wrote:Just because you joined in '08 does not mean that you're the most experienced trader. Quite a few good traders have joined in '09. ^^

*facepalms*

Wait.."we"? o3o

Hehe, Pixieology and me (Joanna) got permission from Nick to combine our accounts. <3
Eucliwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Veggievampire » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:23 am

Drama Llama wrote:
Veggievampire wrote:

*facepalms*

Wait.."we"? o3o

Hehe, Pixieology and me (Joanna) got permission from Nick to combine our accounts. <3

Ahh...wait..the Joanna I know? 8D
Veggievampire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eucliwood » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:24 am

Yah. <3