Upcoming Rarity Changes Discussion

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Upcoming Rarity Changes Discussion

Postby Spearow » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:18 am

KisaWolfz wrote:
Wookieinmashoo wrote:It's been abut a year since this thread was last posted in, but I find it rather strange that we ended up with three pets as rares from the recent Holiday event and the rest nearly all uncommon. I'm not surprised at the new OMGSR store pets, it was only a matter of time. I'm wondering if a lot of empty accounts got deleted or if there's something else going on.

Its not too strange considering; yes they were free, but they were only released for 24 hours.
So not everyone got them/forgot a day.

Yeah they were only released for 24 hours - but the last several years there has been an increase in user activity on cs and it hasn't happened before. So it would make more since if in previous years with a smaller user base that there would be more uncommons/rares. Unless the limits were lowered per adoptions (so we got fewer duplicates and just enough to trade for missing outcomes) it doesn't make a lot of sense.
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
xxstatus: tired
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
xx➵ Looking for wishlist!
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:40 am

Spearow wrote:
Yeah they were only released for 24 hours - but the last several years there has been an increase in user activity on cs and it hasn't happened before. So it would make more since if in previous years with a smaller user base that there would be more uncommons/rares. Unless the limits were lowered per adoptions (so we got fewer duplicates and just enough to trade for missing outcomes) it doesn't make a lot of sense.

What's strange is that there were more very commons and commons from 2018 and 2017 than there were the last couple advents. I also don't remember any advents being rare right out of the gate from those years or from any after.

I just realize I got that backwards. Higher rarities would be from more accounts and people just adopting less. Deleting empty accounts would lower rarities.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marmoris » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:52 pm

When did the green liontail turn OMGSR?? I swear it was *just* VR like a day ago-
i am consistently inactive, i come and go as i please for monthly adopts and events. i rarely respond to trades unless im looking for something.
marmoris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lennie » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:10 pm

Hawaii wrote:
    When did the green liontail turn OMGSR?? I swear it was *just* VR like a day ago-

It turned omgsr during the most recent rarity update in January of this year! We got a few more omgsr store pets in total to start off 2022. ^^
|x|x|x┌─────────────┐
|x|x|x|x|they / he | trades
|x|x|x||||||||||||||cs help
|x|x|x└─────────────┘
|x|x|||"the hunt is everything,
|xand the pack is always ready
"
Lennie
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marmoris » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:22 pm

Lennie wrote:
Hawaii wrote:

It turned omgsr during the most recent rarity update in January of this year! We got a few more omgsr store pets in total to start off 2022. ^^

ahh interesting, I guess I wasn't paying attention. I thought the brown sleipnir was already OMGSR too, interesting. Been expecting the final '09s to go OMGSR for a while. I wonder which '10 will go OMGSR and how long it'll take.
i am consistently inactive, i come and go as i please for monthly adopts and events. i rarely respond to trades unless im looking for something.
marmoris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lennie » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:27 pm

Hawaii wrote:
    ahh interesting, I guess I wasn't paying attention. I thought the brown sleipnir was already OMGSR too, interesting. Been expecting the final '09s to go OMGSR for a while. I wonder which '10 will go OMGSR and how long it'll take.

While I don't have a reasonable guess for how long it'll take, I'd hazard a guess that the Clockwork Bun would be the first to turn omgsr since it was the only 2010 store pet that was very rare from its first rarity tag x.
    I'm also curious to see what store pets change in the coming updates - I know I was surprised this month when miscellaneous outcomes from sets turned very rare before "sibling" outcomes. Wonder how often that will happen~
|x|x|x┌─────────────┐
|x|x|x|x|they / he | trades
|x|x|x||||||||||||||cs help
|x|x|x└─────────────┘
|x|x|||"the hunt is everything,
|xand the pack is always ready
"
Lennie
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yasminnhyle » Fri May 19, 2023 12:49 am

bump
━━━━━ the cutest babies ━━━━━
ImageImageImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
◦ member since November 2022 (I'm pretty new here (◡‿◡✿)) ◦
yasminnhyle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby loverofthelight » Tue May 23, 2023 10:50 am

I wonder how long until any members of the timbercoon litter flip to rare ^^
periodically log in to CS and check every so often lol
my partner made the joke that me being in to CS in childood was basically me being in to NFTs before it was cool :lol:

ImageImageImageImage

Recently more active on my profile again...Crazy to think I joined almost 15 years ago o.o

Current count -288
ImageImage
loverofthelight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gravy » Wed May 24, 2023 2:46 pm

I wonder when this little guy is gonna turn very rare, 2 of his littermates already are as of making this post !

Any guesses?
I’d say maybe about a year or 2
Less would be nice though, it would be awesome to see a very rare tag on him!

ImageHello my names Jake!Image

signature art made by Surfhell
gravy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby synthpuppy » Wed May 24, 2023 2:51 pm

gravy wrote:Image

I wonder when this little guy is gonna turn very rare, 2 of his littermates already are as of making this post !

Any guesses?
I’d say maybe about a year or 2
Less would be nice though, it would be awesome to see a very rare tag on him!

I hope a ‘very rare’ tag won’t make him harder to trade for :what:

Reach out and touch faith...
ImageImage
synthpuppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me