Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby DaDwarf » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:35 am

Fiery Gatoh wrote:I've found that many people who have English as a second language as much better at speaking it than those with English as their native language. They don't seem to disembowel it quite as much.

I think you are right, i tent to read my messages before i post them, out loud, to see if they make sense xD
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:43 am

Draca SaDiablo wrote:
ilovedragons wrote:
Fiery Gatoh wrote:I've found that many people who have English as a second language as much better at speaking it than those with English as their native language. They don't seem to disembowel it quite as much.

Very true as well. They spend so much time learning the rules, of course they should be better at it. Those who have it as their first language use a lot of slang and stuff so it ends up less literate than those who know and use the rules of the language.

I don't think we are better at it, it's just that we try not to sound like modern Tarzan with a computer. Time spent learning plays a big part and always taking the time to think about what you want to say.
Plus, we don't take it for granted as much as those with English as their native language.

What makes me maddest is when newbies, agred 10-13, use chatspeak. It makes the forum users who are in that age range look like they'll talk like that as well. I'm 12, and I've had a lot of people trade with me that stereotype me for my age rather than how I truly do act. I get trades from people who think just because I'm a 12-year-old, they can scam me and get rare pets. That's when you can tell the difference between newbies and people trying to act like them. I cannot begin to list how many trades I receive saying things like "Hey! You know, this pet is really rare. The system says it's rare, but ______________." in chatspeak (I for one don't like to type chatspeak), and I know that the users agred 16 and older don't receive that much nonsense on an hourly basis.

Hopefully that's all I have to say about bad trades today. ._.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clm » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:57 am

lol
Person posted on the "is this fair?" trade board saying "wanted to be sure it was fair before I sent it". Got told it was totally not fair. Either they got impatient and sent it before the people posted, or they were looking to send an unfair trade xP
Now that I see they at least posted there, I'm gonna give 'em the benefit of the doubt and assume they just didn't have three minutes to wait and had to get off the computer so sent before seeing those posters.
;)
Image Image
ImageImageImage.
clm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Carm » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:03 am

Seasonal <3 wrote:What makes me maddest is when newbies, agred 10-13, use chatspeak. It makes the forum users who are in that age range look like they'll talk like that as well. I'm 12, and I've had a lot of people trade with me that stereotype me for my age rather than how I truly do act. I get trades from people who think just because I'm a 12-year-old, they can scam me and get rare pets. That's when you can tell the difference between newbies and people trying to act like them. I cannot begin to list how many trades I receive saying things like "Hey! You know, this pet is really rare. The system says it's rare, but ______________." in chatspeak (I for one don't like to type chatspeak), and I know that the users agred 16 and older don't receive that much nonsense on an hourly basis.

Hey, we're both 12! The same thing happens for me. x__x /offtopic

I got a trade asking for most of my rares. Their message? "Please reserve these for me." The trade was cancelled because I traded one of the pets away, but they recently sent me another, asking for more of my rares. Their message? "I'm not a beg" .. what's a beg?
Last edited by Carm on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kari Lion » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:38 am

Seasonal <3 wrote:What makes me maddest is when newbies, agred 10-13, use chatspeak. It makes the forum users who are in that age range look like they'll talk like that as well. I'm 12, and I've had a lot of people trade with me that stereotype me for my age rather than how I truly do act. I get trades from people who think just because I'm a 12-year-old, they can scam me and get rare pets. That's when you can tell the difference between newbies and people trying to act like them. I cannot begin to list how many trades I receive saying things like "Hey! You know, this pet is really rare. The system says it's rare, but ______________." in chatspeak (I for one don't like to type chatspeak), and I know that the users agred 16 and older don't receive that much nonsense on an hourly basis.

I have to say, from your posts around the forum that I've seen, I NEVER would have guessed you were so young. Thank you for acting with maturity and showing that the younger members of the site can be respectable.
ImageImageImage
Kari Lion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toothless. » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:52 am

Carm wrote:

Hey, we're both 12! The same thing happens for me. x__x /offtopic

I got a trade asking for most of my rares. Their message? "Please reserve these for me." The trade was cancelled because I traded one of the pets away, but they recently sent me another, asking for more of my rares. Their message? "I'm not a beg" .. what's a beg?

I think "a Beg" means "a Begger" :? No clue..
Toothless.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A-train » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Heys.... Does anybody want me to send them a bad trades? XD I'm bored; send me one, and I'll send you one *back*!!!! ^^; >8D :S :o :D
Feeling a bit down? Want a free pet? You may pick one pet from this group here :>)

Howling ghosts they reappear
In mountains that are stacked with fear
But you're a king and I'm a lionheart

And in the sea that's painted black,
Creatures lurk below the deck
But you're the king and I'm a lionheart
A-train

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tif + Jo » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:28 pm

~Amberleaf~ wrote:Heys.... Does anybody want me to send them a bad trades? XD I'm bored; send me one, and I'll send you one *back*!!!! ^^; >8D :S :o :D

This doesn't belong here. Sorren said earlier that fake trades shouldn't be mentioned here.

I would such the the n00b trade thread somewhere in the ChickenSmoothie Chat.

Discord: SierratheSharkDoge#2054
Tif + Jo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kari Lion » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:20 pm

Someone wanted my eat me dog and me cerberus. The eat me dog was a spare that I had for trade. At the time the trade was sent, the cerberus was MY PERSONAL one from my collection. But I figured for the right price, I could part with him.

So I went through and selected a WHOLE BUNCH of pets that I was interested in. I said "these are pets I'm interested in, edit it down to what you are willing to trade."

They edited it down to ONE advent dog, and said "Anything else?"

I canceled, because wth. I wasn't going to go back through and find all the pets again that I was interested in. Besides if all they are "willing to trade" is one advent, I was obviously wasting my time.
ImageImageImage
Kari Lion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jimmy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:48 pm

Someone just sent me a trade for my Vampiric birthday wolf.
No message, nothing on their side. I look through their groups and there's one pet in her trade group, a green spider from this month.
Cancelled.
Jimmy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me