Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby Adelle » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:05 am

No. It was from a person who had a three letter long username. XD I was like: "Uh..... What the freak is wrong with this person? Is this person really stupid?" XD

But yeah, I'm cancelling it. XD
Note:

Taking a hiatus. Sorry, life's just busy at the moment. Dragonspirit will be taking care of my account while I am away. Dont expect to see me often or for a while.
Adelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tru » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:10 am

I just got one for A jade PPS, A Halloween Butterfly, and the Pink Baby Store set(I have both pets, and I think duplicates of each, and I don't need/want the baby clothes.) for the Pink Sept. Special.

My canceling message:
I can cancel too.
Tru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Draca SaDiablo » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:11 am

ilovedragons wrote: Yes, there are people who don't have English as their first language, but usually they at least try their hardest to make it sound as correct as possible. I always watch out for that in a trade as well though.

You're right. After all, English is not my mother tongue and I still manage to write easily understandable messages. Generally, I get a lot of chatspeak messages from very young users or users pretending to be very young.
Kids I can excuse, they have a "I-see-it-I-want-it-give-it-to-me-NOW!" mentality. But peoples pretending and lying... them I don't get. Do they honestly think that just because they "want it / need it very much" and use baby talk we are going to gift them our pets? :?
Image Image
Draca SaDiablo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Kaleidoscope~ » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:11 am

Tru wrote:I just got one for A jade PPS, A Halloween Butterfly, and the Pink Baby Store set(I have both pets, and I think duplicates of each, and I don't need/want the baby clothes.) for the Pink Sept. Special.

My canceling message:
I can cancel too.

That canceling message just made my day! XD
~Kaleidoscope~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cirque » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:14 am

Tru wrote:I just got one for A jade PPS, A Halloween Butterfly, and the Pink Baby Store set(I have both pets, and I think duplicates of each, and I don't need/want the baby clothes.) for the Pink Sept. Special.

My canceling message:
I can cancel too.

that cancel message made me laugh, and made my day :3
ImageImageImage
Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Cirque

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Kaleidoscope~ » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:28 am

Draca SaDiablo wrote:
ilovedragons wrote: Yes, there are people who don't have English as their first language, but usually they at least try their hardest to make it sound as correct as possible. I always watch out for that in a trade as well though.

You're right. After all, English is not my mother tongue and I still manage to write easily understandable messages. Generally, I get a lot of chatspeak messages from very young users or users pretending to be very young.
Kids I can excuse, they have a "I-see-it-I-want-it-give-it-to-me-NOW!" mentality. But peoples pretending and lying... them I don't get. Do they honestly think that just because they "want it / need it very much" and use baby talk we are going to gift them our pets? :?

I agree; I myself am 11 years old, but I rarely use chatspeak/bad spelling and grammar. I know plenty of older people who have english as their native language and use chatspeak all the time. =.=
~Kaleidoscope~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Draca SaDiablo » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:12 am

ilovedragons wrote:
Draca SaDiablo wrote:

Thank you for proving my point! This is a very well-written message and easy to understand. Even those who don't have english as their first language can and should do their best to show good grammar. Especially in trades. Using bad grammar does not make me want to respect or trade with them.

Thank you. I know exactly what you are talking about, and I feel the same way about it. When somebody, quite clearly, hadn't taken the time to read (or have read but decide not to respect) your trade rules, and couldn't be bothered to write ONE or maximum two correct sentences of understandable English...
I don't like to trade with them. Most often, trades all in caps locks or chatspeak are auto reject to me.
As for respect, well if they don't respect your trade rules why would you respect them? We don't write rules because we are bored and have nothing better to do.

Lynx7 wrote:I agree; I myself am 11 years old, but I rarely use chatspeak/bad spelling and grammar. I know plenty of older people who have english as their native language and use chatspeak all the time. =.=

Unfortunately, chatspeak /bad spelling and grammar are a common diseases those days. But to me chatspeak is inexcusable on forums or in trades. It's not like we have only 20 seconds to write what we want. We can take our time and make certain that our trade partner or other forum users can understand us.
That's just basic courtesy.
Image Image
Draca SaDiablo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:14 am

I've found that many people who have English as a second language as much better at speaking it than those with English as their native language. They don't seem to disembowel it quite as much.
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rangiku » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:25 am

Burpigwet wrote:
Drama Llama wrote:I hate it how rude people can be, not just noobs. If you accidentally forget to lock a group or something and they go to trade with you, they instantly think they can add those pets too..

What also irks me off is that people dare to even send trades for pets outside of trades groups, just irritating on a high level.

I know how you feel. I keep my group "The Elites" Unlockes and my R.I.P. Groups unlocked. They have pets like the winged wood, black- eyed galaxy, and more. But I dont like locking groups. I don't mind and occasional, newbie, trade. But any more than that, thats when I get angry XD

same here.. i had new people like can hi have these: 5 OR MORE RARE PETS
... for this.. and they offer me piddly crap.

for the trade i posted yesterday with the person who said this:

for goodness sake please take the 4 pets that you want

I asked for like 10 or more pets and like 40 items lol >>
cause 1 he didnt read my rules.. and two.. i mean come on .. those words to me .. tell me that dont scream "here you idiot! take your stupid pets."
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rangiku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Draca SaDiablo » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:32 am

ilovedragons wrote:
Fiery Gatoh wrote:I've found that many people who have English as a second language as much better at speaking it than those with English as their native language. They don't seem to disembowel it quite as much.

Very true as well. They spend so much time learning the rules, of course they should be better at it. Those who have it as their first language use a lot of slang and stuff so it ends up less literate than those who know and use the rules of the language.

I don't think we are better at it, it's just that we try not to sound like modern Tarzan with a computer. Time spent learning plays a big part and always taking the time to think about what you want to say.
Plus, we don't take it for granted as much as those with English as their native language.
Image Image
Draca SaDiablo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me