Upcoming Rarity Changes Discussion

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Upcoming Rarity Changes Discussion

Postby FOUND VERDICT » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:00 am

is there any chance for the store listpets to become omgsr, as the re-releases should not affect them?
i'm having my eye on the green liontail especially, maybe the brown sleipnir in the next 1-2 years.
- Reality is the finest flesh, oh bearer mine. And are you not... hungry? -
FOUND VERDICT

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:08 am

FOUND VERDICT wrote:is there any chance for the store listpets to become omgsr, as the re-releases should not affect them?
i'm having my eye on the green liontail especially, maybe the brown sleipnir in the next 1-2 years.

Store pets technically stand the best chance, but the re-release indirectly affects them through account activity changes, too.
    To name a recent-ish example, after the 2017 re-release we've had outcomes from the 2016 tiger store set dropping in rarity (VR -> R). The pets themselves didn't get re-released, but the amount of them that qualified for being counted in the update, and the ratio of accounts that owned and didn't own them, seemingly fluctuated enough to yeet them down to rare in spite of being insta-VRs as soon as they received a rarity.
    It was a very curious case, but it happened and was very interesting to theorize about.^^

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:36 pm

ZΕL wrote:
FOUND VERDICT wrote:is there any chance for the store listpets to become omgsr, as the re-releases should not affect them?

Store pets technically stand the best chance, but the re-release indirectly affects them through account activity changes, too.
    To name a recent-ish example, after the 2017 re-release we've had outcomes from the 2016 tiger store set dropping in rarity (VR -> R). The pets themselves didn't get re-released, but the amount of them that qualified for being counted in the update, and the ratio of accounts that owned and didn't own them, seemingly fluctuated enough to yeet them down to rare in spite of being insta-VRs as soon as they received a rarity.
    It was a very curious case, but it happened and was very interesting to theorize about.^^

I remember stumbling across those drops in my rarity research! I was like what the... but that definitely does make sense. So interesting how much re-active accounts can affect rarity updates!

As much as I know omgsr drops do upset some people after Dec. 18th, I personally love it because I just find the fluctuations so interesting. Like, most pets have an equal chance of being re-released in the boxes so theoretically any changes should still leave pets being "equal" in comparison to each other (if that makes sense), yet sometimes that doesn't happen and we see these cool fluctuations. I'm keen to see how the 2019 update will effect it this time c:
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainstorms. » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:34 am

i'm reeeally curious to see what happens with the next rarity update - the massive one earlier this year caught me 100% by surprise but i think that's mostly because i had been inactive for a long time and then suddenly half my most valuable pets had a purple tag :lol:

most of my time spent on cs is just quietly monitoring the rarity changes out of pure curiosity (i don't trade a whole bunch anymore!) so the post-18th rarity update should be interesting c:
personally i'm just biding my time until the 09 ur dog goes purple but from previous discussion i feel like it'll be a while yet haha

mostly bc that was my first & only valuable 18th adopt and it would be v satisfying to have adopted an omgsr...
═══════════ ═══════════
❝ they drove to harry's and
parked the camaro
next to an audi and
a lexus and gansey
ordered flavors of gelato
until the table wouldn't
hold any more bowls and
ronan convinced the staff
to turn the overhead
speakers up and blue
laughed for the first
time at something gansey
said and they were loud
and triumphant kings of
henrietta, because they'd
found the ley line and it was starting,
it was starting.❞

════════════ ════════════

--------------------------------
if you
never saw the stars
candles
were enough

--------------------------------

-----------
rainstorms.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blueberry » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:46 am

Does anyone know when the next Rarity Change update is? I know it takes place sometime in January?

Thanks in advance ^^

Blueberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lufi » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:17 am

Ivy + Twine wrote:
    Does anyone know when the next Rarity Change update is? I know it takes place sometime in January?

Thanks in advance ^^

we unfortunately don't know when rarity will released. It's always random date... but we hope for january as well :)
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dawn. » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:08 pm

I would love to see the racecar/bumblebee spider go purple someday, only because i feel it was seveeely underatted on the ex-list :,0
Dawn.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:38 pm

Dawnstar. wrote:I would love to see the racecar/bumblebee spider go purple someday, only because i feel it was seveeely underatted on the ex-list :,0

Yes! We'll definitely be waiting a long while, but I think it will go omgsr well before most people expect it to. It's on par with the Red X PPS rarity-wise.
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marmoris » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:41 pm

Dawnstar. wrote:I would love to see the racecar/bumblebee spider go purple someday, only because i feel it was seveeely underatted on the ex-list :,0

agree. i see them very rarely, and usually they're part of a spider collection.
i am consistently inactive, i come and go as i please for monthly adopts and events. i rarely respond to trades unless im looking for something.
marmoris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skyline » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:29 pm

Aurora Storm wrote:

Yes! We'll definitely be waiting a long while, but I think it will go omgsr well before most people expect it to. It's on par with the Red X PPS rarity-wise.

i'd also love to see this!! they're surely rare to come by, definitely deserving of it. the x pps and spider should turn purple close together, whenever that'll be.
nicky - she - exhausted lesbian goth
IX.VI.MMXXII / IX.XI & XII MMXXIII
code shopx bbcode help
skyline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me