Rares List Discussion *DISCONTINUED*

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Rares List Discussion *DISCONTINUED*

Postby Solloby » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:04 pm

^ I agree. Dates are still important, but not enough to trump a rarity tag unless there's a huge discrepancy and other factors at play and even then, it's really up to the two traders involved. If the rarity tags are the same though, you can't just ignore the date. That's my current line of thinking.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bilaz » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:25 pm

^second that
Using my hoarding experience that would be 4 recent commons for a 2012 common, seems reasonable?
Last edited by Bilaz on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
╔═════════{♥}═════════╗
And so all things, time will mend
So this song will end...

╚═════════{♥}═════════╝
x➤ My OC Erik, I love to write stories
x➤ Sasha - ISFJ - vegan - adult
x➤ Proud tea drinker and cat lover
x➤ Feel free to send me a message! ©

Image x Image x Image
Bilaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:25 pm

Solloby wrote:^ I agree. Dates are still important, but not enough to trump a rarity tag unless there's a huge discrepancy and other factors at play and even then, it's really up to the two traders involved. If the rarity tags are the same though, you can't just ignore the date. That's my current line of thinking.

Yep, in my mind this is how it should be. Rarity first, then original release date, after that it's up to the traders.

I admit I absolutely hated the Rares List - it just didn't make sense to me. So I'm glad it's being discontinued.

Postby lil rascal » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:54 pm

I also agree dates do matter but not as much as they've always been treated and rarity tag is the most important factor. Maybe we can just be more flexible, maybe a swap for the same rarity is fine if it's within a year, or maybe even two years? Beyond that a small addition to make up the age difference? I don't personally think the price should double every 1-2 year gap though.

Zetirian are the people getting upset saying an OMGSR is worth more or less than the 100 VRs you're valuing them at? I would have thought 100 VRs was a good trade down, but then I always valued bulk highly

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:58 pm

^^^ Totally agree with you all <3

Although geez, 100 VRs for an OMGSR? No way would I pay that much O.o
Quantity has value and surely the gap isn't that much? Or is it and we just don't realise how rare they are? It's not a trade I would ever do though, if I was on the VR side. It's just so much easier to trade and hand out art payments when you have a quantity of good quality pets. Much harder with a single superb quality pet.

Also, if you did 1 OMGSR for 100 VRs... the moment one of those VRs goes OMGSR, you just overpaid by almost 99 VRs!!
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:05 am

Yeah both offsite and on. Lots of questions mainly, but worrying messages of concern for what I say. I don’t intend to be a leader in any regard. It’s like I’m throwing poop at the wall and seeing what sticks to find the best consistency.

My main goal is this. I’m just trying to figure out what would work. Tossing numbers to see what would stick. To answer FTT questions without the list. To help other users as much as I can while I can.

Going back to the list while it existed. A bottom OMGSR was 100’s if not 1000’s of 09 rares, aka anywhere between 300-500 09 VR’s in individual value if thenlist was divided up. I posted a version below.

This is based off the UR Rat poll and how the lowest option was below a UR Aussie. That is the number a OMGSR would be valued at in very rares if it was moved above a UR Aussie tier when the list existed. And going by the Nick numbers, it took about 40ish VR’s to make a OMGSR within ratio. Darkspawn added the guide a few pages back.

So... I tossed a number out to say 100, because there is still the issue of people asking for help in FTT. You can acknowledge the list by how can you say now the difference between a Sorbet and Purple Toxic with the list not really being correct?

Going off the list in its original form:

Grey Border Collie tier = 7-8 Mixed 09 Rares (Note: Mid Advent Standard tier pretty much.)
Red Dragon tier = 2 Mid Advents
Red Rose tier = 5 Mid Advents
Blue Rose tier = 7 Mid advents
Red X PPS tier = 10 Mid advent dogs
Pink balloon tier = 3 Blue Roses / 21 Mid advents
Green Toxic Tier = 2 Pink Balloon tier / 42 Mid advents
Sorbet Tier = 2 Green Toxic Tier / 84 Mid Advents
Spotted Tribal Tier = 2 Sorbets / 168 Mid Advents
Non Tier = 3 Sorbets / 252 Mid Advents
Coontail Tier = 2 Non / 504 Mid Advents
Dog Tag Tier = 3 Non / 756 Mid Advents
Moonswirl Tier = 4 Non / 2 Coontail / 1008 Advents
Sunjewel Tier = 5 Non / 2 Coon + Non / Moon + Non / 1260 Advents.

Every mid advent was worth about 3-4 09 Very Rares depending on people’s preferences to what a 09 VR was worth in 09 rares.

So I tossed out the 100 09 VR’s to see what pets would be worth when answering FTT to try and give people an idea of how unfair their side was.

100 09 VR’s equals to about what the former worth of anything between a Pink Balloon Tier was valued at (21 mid advents x 3 = 63 (the 3 being for people who value a 7th tier mid advent to be equal to 3 VR’s bc of how they value 09 rares to 09 VR ratio) or 21 mid advents x 4 = 84 (the 4 being for people who value a 7th tier mid advent to be equal to 3 VR’s bc of how they value 09 rares to 09 VR ratio) to maybe what a Line Tribal was worth ~30 mid advents (doing the math again 30 x 3 = 90 or 30 x 4 = 120. Maybe even rainbow mane tier could have been considered here.

100 09 VR’s sounds like a lot. That value was what the Rainbow Mane tier was worth, the Line Tribal. Those two tiers were worth this. It’s no where near as bad as the higher end of what the list was.

And yet none of these messages I received was about people underpaying. It was more about how people were overpaying 100 VR’s for one OMGSR.

But the main question remains, how does that work? If the unrarest OMGSR is worth 100 advents, how do the rest work?

I thought maybe reducing the gaps between each pet so all pets fit under the 100 advent gap. Maybe. It’s a nice round number for users to get to understand what their side is worth. It has flaws, a ton of flaws. Like C$ value and how that doesn’t work, the store pet influence, the undetermined value of rare to very rare ratio etc etc.

I’m just trying to find a way to help others. I don’t get any gain here :(

@Solloby
That trading situation could of happened with any other CS pet before the suggestion of 100 VR’s. Looking at old trades shows this. It’s just about putting numbers in perspective.
Last edited by Goostarion on Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:12 am

UR Rat turned OMGSR the same time as UR Tiger... WHERE IS THE RAT RESPECT >=|

I understand some people don't collect rats so I wouldn't expect them to be swappable but still... that's a really early OMGSR date, you know? How much demand is TOO much?
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:16 am

Solloby wrote:UR Rat turned OMGSR the same time as UR Tiger... WHERE IS THE RAT RESPECT >=|

I understand some people don't collect rats so I wouldn't expect them to be swappable but still... that's a really early OMGSR date, you know? How much demand is TOO much?

I think I mistyped. I used the UR rat poll and the lowest polling option stated to say that the lowest range that was agreed by the community at that time before the vote was a UR Aussie. So if this was the lowest valued agreed upon, would that have meant all OMGSR pets would be on above this value if moved? That was my point and if I wasn’t clear I’m sorry. I’ve had a bit of a hard recovery week after Mardi Gras.

That wasn’t to disvalue the rat bc I agree, rat justice is necessary for our love, health and well-being :D

Pet's name: Bloony

Justice for Bloony!

My main this is please correct me if I am wrong doing it this way. I am just trying to figure things out but no one really seems to know what to do with a completely set in stone idea.
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:32 am

^ Oh I know it's just that whenever anyone talks about rats I go off on a tangent about them xD
I only paid a Nonballoon for my UR Rat: trades/viewtrade.php?id=10326350&userid=53&signature=YYc9yCqukfcVDi_jasLkUg

I've also gotten some spare rats for trades offered to me for extremely cheap. I have a spare Lime Rat atm that I paid a Grinner for, and used to have a spare speckle rat that I got for an art payment but I traded it off, forget what for though. Poor little ratties.

Sorry for derailing the thread conversation!
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QuiverandArrow » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:23 am

So.. When is the thread going to be locked? There hasn't been any updates in about a week.
QuiverandArrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me