Is a new fair trade thread system needed?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

If this goes ahead would you apply to become a replier?

no
38%
yes - higher value trades / items
15%
yes - bulk trades / items
No votes
yes - uncommon and below
13%
Yes - C$
15%
Yes - Rares / very rares / Exremely rares
20%

Total votes : 40

Re: Is a new fair trade thread system needed?

Postby Inactive. » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:54 am

IMO, the issue isn't the FTT. The issue ties back to inherent broken system trading is.

I will never stop saying it, the reason the old rares list worked vs the new ones is this:

Each main tier (Advent/September/Main) worked because they were split into numerous subtiers with a minor difference of value between each tier. This allowed for easier recognition of value compared to what we have now, with hundreds of pets in the same 'tier'.

This is a really good place to incorporate demand into the lists. Just because something is OMGSR does not put it on equal footing to say, a Black Advent. I do not understand the refusal to incorporate demand into lists, because its already frustrating having a list where the list is made irrelevant due to demand.
Pet's name: open to offers!.
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
The Weeping Angel you called ugly? She can't look at herself in the mirror. See that unemotional Cybermen? He used to be one of us. The Oods you make fun of? They get treated as slaves everyday. That lady you called crazy? She knows all of time and space. See the weird man with the bowtie and the fez? He's the loneliest man in the universe. Put this in your signature if you're against bullying in the Space-Time Continuum.
Inactive.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Is a new fair trade thread system needed?

Postby SolarSonnet » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:55 pm

My brain isn't working very well right now, but I would love a FTT for ONLY Items.

As much as my brain loves categorization and would love a separate FTT each for stuff like
Uncommon and Under
"List" Trades
Bulk Trades (High ER+)
Bulk Trades (Low ER and below)
Items
Items (High-Value)
Items (Bulk)

All trades involving mostly items (including pets-to-items) would go on the item thread. I think since items are harder to value, the pet thread should be strictly for pets and not include many or 'hard-to-value' items in it.

Also, MA is an outdated term. So I'd much prefer to use High ER (6-8 Old Rares (2010-2011 rares))
Solar/Wish ✄ He/Him ✄ DM for Commission Info and/or TH ✄ ©

Poll Three + New Google Form up now! Discuss and Vote on New Trading Guidelines
here!

︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾
SolarSonnet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me