Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby Lockpick » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:55 am

blue9833 wrote:ugh! before i locked some of my groups, someone sent a trade for my sunback and this was their message:
omg, so pretty! can i have her? if you let me have her i will be ur best friend 4-ever!
this was my cancelling message: No you can't have her, you should learn about rarity!

Instant cancel when I get one of those comments, regardless of what pet it's on.
My response: I already have a Best Friend, and I am not currently accepting applications for that position.

Why do people feel the need to offer friendship in exchange for pets? I'd much rather trade pets.
Maybe I'm old, but 'best friends' use to mean something... I cherish the whole friendship idea, and all my friends mean a lot to me. Even so, "Best Friend" is a title I've only ever given to one person. It has survived a 15 year friendship, and moving to different ends of the country. It's a title she'll be stuck with until I die! XD

We both have the same understanding of what the term means: we put the same value on it. I'm sure that's the only reason our relationship works. It's not a title I would trust to someone whom I've never met. >.>

I find it arrogant that they think offering "their friendship" (the friendship of a complete stranger) is worth anything at all to me. Be it my prize pet or this month's common. And while I have, occasionally, given away free pets and items to people when I saw that they didn't have much, it's never to people who ask for it! And never to people who offer falsities in exchange. -_-

as you can probably tell, I'm quite passionate on this issue. >.>
Pet's name: Uru
If hard work is the key to success,
most people would rather pick the lock.
- Claude McDonald

Please help me get her to lv 100, thank you! :D
Lockpick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Enbizaka » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:03 am

.... Their side: 2, 2gens. About 6 or 7 dogs from last month
My side: RARE HALLOWEEN DEVIL WING DOG!
-
-
Cancel Message: Sorry, I dont trade my Halloween pets.
--
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
---| hi | hi | hi | hi | hi | hi |
╭──────────────────╮
╰──────────────────╯

I can't make a pretty signature help
Enbizaka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cirque » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:11 am

ugh! i just got a trade for this pet Image
and they asked who the pet was made by! instead of being nice and saying open your eyes it says nick on it! (at least i think that is nice for a trade like that) i told them that there was a new staff member who's username was sychedellic_squirrel2965 and that they made it, i've gotton like 3 trades like that and i tell them the same thing every time. i laugh about it all the time :lol:
ImageImageImage
Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Cirque

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Enbizaka » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:14 am

blue9833 wrote:ugh! i just got a trade for this pet Image
and they asked who the pet was made by! instead of being nice and saying open your eyes it says nick on it! (at least i think that is nice for a trade like that) i told them that there was a new staff member who's username was sychedellic_squirrel2965 and that they made it, i've gotton like 3 trades like that and i tell them the same thing every time. i laugh about it all the time :lol:

You really have to stop saying there a staff member called that, or they might call another staff member and ask where sychedellic_squirrel2965 and when the staff ask who is that, and the other person says who and staff says it isn't one, they go and report you.
--
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
---| hi | hi | hi | hi | hi | hi |
╭──────────────────╮
╰──────────────────╯

I can't make a pretty signature help
Enbizaka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cirque » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:16 am

Lucylululu66 wrote:
blue9833 wrote:ugh! i just got a trade for this pet Image

You really have to stop saying there a staff member called that, or they might call another staff member and ask where sychedellic_squirrel2965 and when the staff ask who is that, and the other person says who and staff says it isn't one, they go and report you.

good point, i guess i should stop it's just that they can be irritating sometimes
ImageImageImage
Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Cirque

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Kaleidoscope~ » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:37 am

*headdesk*
They want: About a million common and uncommon pets
They offer: Nothing

-sigh- At least they were polite about it. But if they seriously expect me to hunt through their pets for something that'll match up to all of those pets, they're wrong.
~Kaleidoscope~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nahala » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:57 am

I will freely admit that my idea of a good trade does not always confirm to other peoples ideas.

This trade though ... And no message either.

I was less thean polite when cancelling, I admit. Only after cancelling I started to consider that perhaps one of those n00b-trades had been sent my way by accident. That persons reaction via PM put my mind at ease on that score though.

You had no need to be rude and mean. Would you speak that way to your mother or father? I am not stupid. I'm most likely way older than you. I suggest you watch your attitude for if you say that to the wrong person, you could wind up hurt quite badly.

Way older. Sure...
Nahala

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mayhem » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:05 am

Nahala wrote:I will freely admit that my idea of a good trade does not always confirm to other peoples ideas.

This trade though ... And no message either.

I was less thean polite when cancelling, I admit. Only after cancelling I started to consider that perhaps one of those n00b-trades had been sent my way by accident. That persons reaction via PM put my mind at ease on that score though.

You had no need to be rude and mean. Would you speak that way to your mother or father? I am not stupid. I'm most likely way older than you. I suggest you watch your attitude for if you say that to the wrong person, you could wind up hurt quite badly.

Way older. Sure...

Answer to that.
'If you are older than I am, maybe you should work on working out fair trades and not bothering people with waste of time trades when you should know better. I also suggest you don't aim thinly veiled threats my way. Would you act to your children that way? :3'

I'm running thin on the ground with noob trades... Not had any decent ones for a while. Doubtless they'll be back soon!

Mayhem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nahala » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:10 am

My answer actually looked like this:

What a polite answer on your part. How old exactly are you? Not to mention that

I suggest you watch your attitude for if you say that to the wrong person, you could wind up hurt quite badly.

does not put me into any mood to be nice to you.

Your answer does have its merrits though. :D
Nahala

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dawulf » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:13 am

She offers: NOTHING
She wants: 2nd Gen Valentine Rat, Valentine Malk Horse, Valentine PPS

Nice to meet you
I'm ---------..
Wanna trade with me?:)
If you'll accept this trade,i'll make you instead what do you want.(banner,avatar,wishlist or support)
Hope is ok:)
And thank you..
And edit if something is wrong...

wth? :?
Image Image
Dawulf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups