The "Is this a fair trade?" Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The "Is this a fair trade?" Thread

Postby OreozHere » Fri May 10, 2024 4:41 pm

StephJane wrote:
June Bug wrote:I never know how much some of these older pets are worth, haha. Opinions on this? I don't want to be taking so much if the horses aren't worth it ^^;

trades/viewtrade.php?id=111430899&userid=56883&signature=kd12sWTn1oPPo4gIXhjspQ

I probably wouldn't accept it if you haven't made a decision yet... Not unless they were going to offer you more rare's from a similar year. When you're talking about a pet from 2011, to make it a fair trade I would want at least 1 rare per year of difference - eg. If they're offering you rares from 2023, it would take 12 rares from 2023 to equal 1 rare from 2011.

they are offering 2 2010 very rare ponies, and i dont believe the horses have any special demand, so the person offering would be overpaying for the horses!
i think you just misread who was offering for what, the original poster is at the bottom of the trade and is having their horses offered on :>

oreo / kasper
adult
any / all
3/18 ; cst

check out my art shop!

✨ wilson thinks you're doing great!
✨ "you've got this :3"
OreozHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OreozHere » Fri May 10, 2024 4:43 pm

StephJane wrote:Help with this trade please!! Thank you :D

StephJane wrote:How do years come into play when dealing with a trade like this? I feel like a 2017 uncommon is worth more than this?

https://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=111431419&userid=975383&signature=qWtWDi38Z-kMlxp1AoZByQ

i agree with you! especially because they are offering a rat which has much lower demand than a fennec fox, so whether you use the 2:! rule for years (2 2023s would be 1 2024, so on so forth) or the 3 year rule (where pets within 3 years are equal to each other) it would be unfair to you!

oreo / kasper
adult
any / all
3/18 ; cst

check out my art shop!

✨ wilson thinks you're doing great!
✨ "you've got this :3"
OreozHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StephJane » Fri May 10, 2024 5:15 pm

I cancelled this trade because I was under the impression that species like fennec foxes were worth more than the 'regular' species? But when I told them this they said that I was wrong and dogs are a higher demand pet than the fennec fox? Pretty sure I was in the right cancelling it though...

https://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=111431386&userid=975383&signature=cqXiHuTGIjZA23sVC5raLA
StephJane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bookshelf » Fri May 10, 2024 5:23 pm

StephJane wrote:Help with this trade please!

StephJane wrote:I cancelled this trade because I was under the impression that species like fennec foxes were worth more than the 'regular' species? But when I told them this they said that I was wrong and dogs are a higher demand pet than the fennec fox? Pretty sure I was in the right cancelling it though...

https://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=111431386&userid=975383&signature=cqXiHuTGIjZA23sVC5raLA

this is a perfectly fair trade, tiny bit of overpay on their side because of the extra rat. i would say the demand of the two species is pretty similar in general, so it just comes down to which pet you like more.

-----------------------------

adult, college student, she/her

-----------------------------

bookshelf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mysticbxbblez » Fri May 10, 2024 5:55 pm

Me and the other trader needs help with this one any advice is much appreciated

trades/viewtrade.php?id=111429515&userid=1040543&signature=YrWJXwlKaZt0pTGnPyu57Q
Hiii! A bit about me :)

She/her
Taurus
I LOVE Phoenixes 😍
I have 4 cats
My favorite species are, Cats, Dogs, Wolves,Fennec foxes, foxes

I love bulk trades 😍
Mysticbxbblez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Fri May 10, 2024 6:06 pm

bookshelf wrote:
StephJane wrote:Help with this trade please!

StephJane wrote:I cancelled this trade because I was under the impression that species like fennec foxes were worth more than the 'regular' species? But when I told them this they said that I was wrong and dogs are a higher demand pet than the fennec fox? Pretty sure I was in the right cancelling it though...

this is a perfectly fair trade, tiny bit of overpay on their side because of the extra rat. i would say the demand of the two species is pretty similar in general, so it just comes down to which pet you like more.

Agreed. Foxes and dogs are both well liked species, so it really depends on the specific design, as well as the preferences of the people trading. There’s no special demand here for either pet, and they’re both from the same event (advent calendar), so it’s a perfectly fair swap without the rat.
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StephJane » Fri May 10, 2024 6:19 pm

This one isn't fair to whoever would only be getting the one pet. The other two are quite old pets, so have more value.

StephJane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BillyBoi » Fri May 10, 2024 6:24 pm

StephJane wrote:This one isn't fair to whoever would only be getting the one pet. The other two are quite old pets, so have more value.

It’s not necessarily the dates and pets being older that makes them more valuable these being list pets is where it comes into play, you are right about it being unfair though, the UR PPS Dragon is worth 3 Nons

The PPS Zebra is worth 3 Nons and the Nonswirl is worth 1 Non I wouldn’t accept this as they’re asking for a Non of overpay for the Dragon
ISO ALL 2012 AUGUST PPS MUNCHKINS AND PPS LION AND ALL WARRIORS the warriors and munchkins are my current dreamies any help would be appreciated! Send me trades!! ^.^
BillyBoi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0tt3r » Fri May 10, 2024 6:32 pm

0tt3r wrote:anyone willing to help with this?
trades/viewtrade.php?id=111425708&userid=534781&signature=ZkRcmaZqu6JBiYxSedRLtw
thanks in advance!

^
0tt3r

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me