"How Much Is This Item Worth"?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: "How Much Is This Item Worth"?

Postby xXPizzaCatPrincessXx » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:46 am

Hey you guys!! I’m wondering what a full diy cake set is currently worth/going for.
──-────────────────────
I hope you are having a wonderful day!
Send on over a trade. LIGHTS ON

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
Hey there! I see you have stumbled upon
my signature. I am .Lisa. and I hoard Pizza
Cats. My CS 'career goal' is to collect 10k
pizza cats all together. I have been wokring
hard at this goal ever since I joined in 2016

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit my hoard
ImageImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████ █
xXPizzaCatPrincessXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The_wise_bagel » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:47 pm

Got this quiver from the lost and found and was wondering what year it is from and if it is worth anything?

I do not trade, please don't send me them! However my pound is OPEN if you'd like to adopt :)

Queer, any/all 🇨🇦🇰🇷

Just a guy who digs comics
The_wise_bagel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tailish » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:05 am

.Lisa. wrote:Hey you guys!! I’m wondering what a full diy cake set is currently worth/going for.

From what I can find, several nons. A full set probably fetches 2-3 nons based on the trades and info here, although most of these are a little old. Browsing through search results on this thread and the "Seeking Items" thread (to get an idea of what people are currently offering) yields similar results. The highest quoted value seems to be somewhere around 4 nons in the form of someone offering a straight swap for a red cerb. There seems to be very good demand for the individual pieces but a little less for the whole set, probably because not very many people can afford it wholesale.

Kaito_ wrote:Image

Got this quiver from the lost and found and was wondering what year it is from and if it is worth anything?

This is from the 2011 medieval faire event and was a free release; the value is a 2011 uncommon.

LethalLulu wrote:Wow, thanks a million! That's extremely helpful.

glad to hear it c:

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
███████████████████████████░█

█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
▪─────────────
trade auction link
─────────────▪
biobiobiobiobiobiobi
x

Hi, I'm Tailish! I love
reading, horse
riding, and also space.
European Parliament
elections June 6-9!
European? Vote!

pfp img
biobiobiobiobiobiobi
─────────────▪
BLM EU credit
▪─────────────
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tailish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby solos » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:13 am

got this in the l&f earlier c:
been looking for it for a dressup but i'd like to know it's value c: thanks!

solos | she/they | ✸--
hi hi :D -!! 1# seungmin enjoyer
go n follow my best friend-!! <3
discord; solos. | th purge ‶ ☼ ″
shop | boyf | goos | cats | - © -
solos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Prim-Rose3908 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:44 am

Hello! I just got this item from the lost and found! Is it worth anything?

Binging the office in qurantine, fun!

Prim-Rose3908

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The_wise_bagel » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:07 pm

Got this from the lost and found. They're called smoke fromt hooves. Is it worth anything?

I do not trade, please don't send me them! However my pound is OPEN if you'd like to adopt :)

Queer, any/all 🇨🇦🇰🇷

Just a guy who digs comics
The_wise_bagel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FireWolf52 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:09 pm

Hi! So Im on mobile and I can't add pictures but I got some weird flag thing from the list and found, I looked in the archives and apparently it's a "Plucky Peckers Flag" from June 2010, any idea what it's worth? I've never seen it before which is why I grabbed it when I saw it! :)

Going through a rough time right now, trying to stay active in trades but I might answer slowly, I apologize!

My Fayrian Kelpies
My Khimaira Friesians
My Cupido Drafts
My Ferox Welsh Ponies
My Yukon Drafts

"You could rattle the stars, you could do anything if only you dared."

Ravenclaw ~ Aries ~ Animal-Lover ~ Breyer Horses
FireWolf52

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sorroh » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:42 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

i know that's a lot but they're all lost and found finds so i dunno what they're worth and I already tried searching for them in the bar.
𝕷𝖎𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖍 | 𝕾𝖍𝖊/𝕳𝖊𝖗 | 𝕬𝖖𝖚𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖚𝖘
sorroh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tailish » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:11 am

Kaito_ wrote:Image

Got this from the lost and found. They're called smoke fromt hooves. Is it worth anything?

smoke front hooves
This item is from Halloween 2014 and worth a 2014 uncommon.

FireWolf52 wrote:Hi! So Im on mobile and I can't add pictures but I got some weird flag thing from the list and found, I looked in the archives and apparently it's a "Plucky Peckers Flag" from June 2010, any idea what it's worth? I've never seen it before which is why I grabbed it when I saw it! :)

This is from the Woofcup event in June, which was held to celebrate the world cup! It's worth a mid 2010 uncommon.

---

So this thread isn't super active, and it's always a good idea to see how far you can get on your own. All you really need is the name of the item and an internet connection.

Here's how I do research for the requests on this thread (this is by no means the only way or the best way, but it seems to work):
0. Type the item name into the search bar on this thread (find how to use the search function here). Try some common variants too: if you have Animal Egg 49, try just "animal egg."
1. If this didn't answer your question, type "item name" site:chickensmoothie.com into google. One of the first results that comes up should be the archive page with the item on it. Click on it. Now you know when it was released.
2. Go to the valuable items thread and see if the item is listed. If yes: congratulations, you now have a value! If not: continue to the next step.
3. Find out if the item was freely released or bought in the store. All event items are free release, but monthly items might not be. To figure this out, go to the top of the item's archive page and toggle the "filter by..." setting to "store items only". If the item sticks around, it's a store item. If the item disappears, it was free.
4. Store item: check if the item is still in the store. Either click through the store tabs until you find it (or don't) or go back into google with "item name" site:chickensmoothie.com store. If a result comes up, click on it to confirm the item is still in the store and look at the price. Items that can be bought in the store are worth their store price.
5. Store item: if the item is no longer in the store, chances are it's valuable. Make sure you didn't miss it on the valuable items thread, then continue by typing the name of the item into the search bar of this thread and the previous thread. The results here should give you a good indication of the worth.
6: Free release item: the rule of thumb from the valuable items thread is that any free release is worth an uncommon of their release date. To check this, use the search function on this thread and the previous thread to make sure that it doesn't have a special value. Use your common sense when applying this rule; if an item was released as part of a massive set like the 2016 Gingerbread House, not all the pieces are worth an uncommon each.

To carry out all of these steps, you need one important thing: the item's name. All items have a name underneath them, and that is the one you need. Since some items have the same name (for example, wigs that come as a set) a picture is also useful. If you're asking for advice on this thread, it's really helpful if you provide both! That way we can let the search function do most of the work for us :D Of course you should feel free to ask about an item here regardless, even if you can't find either, but it's easier to help if you have this information.

Help, I need more detail on my item's value!
If you want to dig in to an item's value, these are some sources to check:
The full valuation guide on the Valuable Items thread
The item trade sharing thread, for up-to-date valuations on high-value items. For high-value items like the laptop, cake set, and early animal eggs I've found the auction forums to be somewhat useful too.
The Seeking Items thread, for figuring out how many people want your item, and what they're willing to pay
The old CS Guide to Discontinued Items and the new wiki Item Guides provide some more information on release method and events.
The Past Summer Event Image Archive and the corresponding thread links masterpost; use to find detailed release information about summer event items
The Events Discussion Forum and the search function, for detailed release info on all other events

i hope it's okay to post this here! please tell me if it's not and i'll remove it asap

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
█░█
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
▪─────────────
trade auction link
─────────────▪
biobiobiobiobiobiobi
x

Hi, I'm Tailish! I love
reading, horse
riding, and also space.
European Parliament
elections June 6-9!
European? Vote!

pfp img
biobiobiobiobiobiobi
─────────────▪
BLM EU credit
▪─────────────
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tailish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CelticKitty » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:34 pm

I have a friend offering me these but I'm not sure what they are worth....can anyone help, please?:)
trades/viewtrade.php?id=86546554&userid=397255&signature=UKWEFkpS6zk4t7sBHTdPMA
xxImage
ImageImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxTrade | PM | WL | FR | Image
©
CelticKitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups