GH Litter & Salmon Festival Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: GH Litter & Salmon Festival Discussion Thread

Postby .rin okumura. » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:50 pm

Does anyone know where to find the link to the spreadsheet with the hints and stuff on it? I can't seem to find it... >.< I had it on a separate tab so I could keep an eye on it but I accidentally closed it and can't find any pages with it on there or anything :c

heyo! rin here!

I'm an adult player,
avid coder, collector
and just general
Blue Exorcist trash.

feel free to
check out my links
below yeah?

▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸

trade thread
toyhou.se
code shoppe
premade sigs
rin's hoards
rin's offsites

▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸

.rin okumura.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allu » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:51 pm

♡ Musicals ♡ wrote:Does anyone know where to find the link to the spreadsheet with the hints and stuff on it? I can't seem to find it... >.< I had it on a separate tab so I could keep an eye on it but I accidentally closed it and can't find any pages with it on there or anything :c

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1

╔══════════════════════════════╗
spectre adult pst they/he bisexual
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
hey, i'm spec! i'm your average user with
too much free time. my interests include
drawing, music and gaming. i love crows,
fortnite and ranboo. feel free to PM me!!

╚═════════════════════════╝

allu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flatterina » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:21 am

So the PPS one WAS Lady's! It is kinda sad that the archive revealed it by mistake as soon as the kitty grew, but it is very beautiful. I can't wait to see what Irisid's will grow into.
Writing Commissions -- Examples
Physical / Personality Descriptions, Histories, Prompts, Short Stories, etc.
Any Genre -- Any Length
Flatterina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:44 am

I've added my Sector 3 giveaway to my post now - check it out if you guys want a chance at a couple more list pets and other rares/very rares!

My character design giveaway is ending at rollover tonight tomorrow too - if you want to put together an entry now's the time!
I was off a day lol. Still - it wouldn't be a bad idea to get it done if you've started one/were thinking about entering. :)
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Huskyy » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:46 am

Pet's name: Iridan
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
I love how simple it is, and the colour of the eyes is very nice, too!

AquilaFuga wrote:Image

Well well, look who grew up? Yes, this is my cat!
I've been referring to them fondly as Catradiction, which is the closest this outcome has to a real name.

All these different ideas of a feral/war-like backstory are rad - although I'm afraid I don't have such a story to tell! In hindsight I wish I had gone with something with more depth, but I'm so glad people liked the outcome enough to hope it did have a story to go along with it anyways!

As for my creation process...
I wouldn't have been able to pull of an elaborate concept like some of my teammates - so instead as I was doodling I decided to challenge myself to try and piece together different features and attributes which otherwise might have contradicted each other in some way. That heart-covered fur wouldn't match those sharp-looking claws in a conventional design, or that torn-off ear (which I suppose also contradicts the other ear?), and clearly the eyes themselves don't match up, where one is light and the other dark.
The yellow-y eye also actually comes from my fursona! Linus shares the same eye colour - I always knew I wanted to put a bit of him in there somewhere. He's a dog too, so we have a hidden cat =/= dog contradiction going on as well.

Hence, Catradiction. Puns, amirite? 8D

Either way, I'm so glad to have come home to all these lovely comments about my kitty! Thank you everyone <3

You're welcome! You did an amazing job on your cat Aquila! Like I said before, the heterochromia eyes are adorable, and I love the torn ear and the claws, and the design is nice too! I love the name, by the way. 8D

lucky333123 wrote:I was going to hold off on confirming, but I think I will just confirm now.

So let's start with my hints:

- Multiple colors - I used the whole color pallet for my kitty

- Harry Potter is related to my pet, but it is not what it seems.

You see, my kitty is related to Harry Potter but not through design. It is related to HP through dates. CS time is ahead of the West Coast of the US, thus my kitty grew on June 6th and June 24th.

June 6th: On June 6th, 1994, "Peter Pettigrew is exposed as Scabbers the rat and is cornered by Sirius Black and Remus Lupin in the Shrieking Shack. He escapes in the chaos that followed Remus transforming into a werewolf and Sirius protecting Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger in his Animagus form of a dog. Harry and Hermione then use Hermione's Time-Turner to rescue Sirius from the Dementor's Kiss and Buckbeak the Hippogriff from his scheduled execution at sundown."

June 24th: On June 24th, 1995, "The Third Task of the Triwizard Tournament takes place in the Hogwarts Quidditch pitch. Harry Potter and Cedric Diggory are transported to Little Hangleton Graveyard, where Lord Voldemort regains a body of his own. Cedric is killed and Harry manages to return to Hogwarts with Cedric's body. The Second Wizarding War begins, although the Ministry of Magic does not admit this until the next year."

A simply Google search of Harry Potter dates in June would allow you to see the dates and see how they are related to my kitty. Jabby practically got the answer here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3067038&start=2590#p99585592

So meet, Auroria:

Growing up in the fairy realm, Auroria was always the odd-ball due to her odd wings and strange antennas. As a young fairy kitten, she was often tormented and teased. Often to the point of being bullied by her fellow peers. It didn't help that her name was so pretty, yet to her peers, she was too ugly to bear such a beautiful name. Even though Auroria remained teased and tormented, she had a hidden secret -- a secret that could change the lives of those around her.

You see, she was born a princess of the realm. Her mother had hidden her away from the world to protect her. Very few knew of her existence, thus when she grew up, those who teased and tormented her were completely shocked. They never expected her to turn out to be royalty, not to mention her strange antennas had disappeared. Instead, she looked like she belonged among her peers. Those who bullied her, vowed never to treat another being the way they did for they had learned their lesson the hard way when they bullied Auroria.

I'm not the greatest storyteller, but this is Auroria's mini-story :)

You did an amazing job on your cat Lucky! Like I said before, I love the wings and the sparkles, and the flowers on its head. I love her story, I enjoyed it! I love the name Auroria. :3

Seasonal <3 wrote:Image
Pet's name: Annabelle

I promised you guys I'd confirm my cat when it grew, so here's my kitty! Moona and Raire figured it out pretty early on, but I can see how my hints may have been confused with the closed-eye kitten. My hint was mainly to show that I'd primarily be using salmon and light pink, but I was also hoping that my gradient was very obvious. I love gradients, I don't think I could create a design without one! I also made this group two days ago as a small joke.

I'd like to apologize for the lack of excitement, but I'm content with my final design. I'm not an artist by any means, and I felt that it would be inappropriate for me to attempt edits when I know that I'm not capable of doing so. I do wish that I could have done some edits but in the end, I don't really mind not having any, and I didn't want to submit anything that I wasn't proud of. I'm happy with the "pop" that the eyes have and I've always been a fan of light underbelly markings.

I decided to name this cat Annabelle (no relation to the horror film, I promise). When I first posted my cat, another GH said it was "simple, yet elegant," and I feel that Annabelle fits that description.

You did an amazing job on your cat Seasonal! I love how simple it is, and the colour of the eyes is very nice, too! I love the name Annabelle. (:
✿ female - introvert - british - capricorn ✿
Huskyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inkydeer » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:12 pm

Seasonal <3 wrote:Image
Pet's name: Annabelle

I promised you guys I'd confirm my cat when it grew, so here's my kitty! Moona and Raire figured it out pretty early on, but I can see how my hints may have been confused with the closed-eye kitten. My hint was mainly to show that I'd primarily be using salmon and light pink, but I was also hoping that my gradient was very obvious. I love gradients, I don't think I could create a design without one! I also made this group two days ago as a small joke.

I'd like to apologize for the lack of excitement, but I'm content with my final design. I'm not an artist by any means, and I felt that it would be inappropriate for me to attempt edits when I know that I'm not capable of doing so. I do wish that I could have done some edits but in the end, I don't really mind not having any, and I didn't want to submit anything that I wasn't proud of. I'm happy with the "pop" that the eyes have and I've always been a fan of light underbelly markings.

I decided to name this cat Annabelle (no relation to the horror film, I promise). When I first posted my cat, another GH said it was "simple, yet elegant," and I feel that Annabelle fits that description.

As much as I love edits and wild designs, I am really in love with this cat. It absolutely is simple and elegant!
Inkydeer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KittayKattz » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:46 pm

No growth tonight? Aww man.
Hi! I'm KittayKattz, but you can call me Kittay! I like to parkour between fandoms every month and get emotional over fictional characters. I also draw like, once in a blue moon.

KittayKattz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inkydeer » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:00 pm

Orque wrote:

I'm interested to see how this one will come out. I didn't even notice the little horn stubs at first, but now they're intriguing.

I'm very excited to see how this one turns out. I love how bright the colors are, and I can't wait to see how those little horn nubs translate into the full grown cat.
Inkydeer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HandleAnimal » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:01 pm

Deer Nose wrote:
Orque wrote:

I'm interested to see how this one will come out. I didn't even notice the little horn stubs at first, but now they're intriguing.

I'm very excited to see how this one turns out. I love how bright the colors are, and I can't wait to see how those little horn nubs translate into the full grown cat.

It's the devil..... Just kidding c:

It reminds me of a deer or something

"no king bed covered in roses
╔═════════════════╗
Art | Customs | TH | FR
╚═════════════════╝
just a room without a view”
HandleAnimal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elm » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:07 pm

Deer Nose wrote:
Orque wrote:

It kinda reminds me of a slug, the "stubs" being eyes. I cant wait for it either!
Selling 1,450+ Rares for C$!
Elm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me