The "Is this a fair Trade?" thread.

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The "Is this a fair Trade?" thread.

Postby Flintfang » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:20 am

Lupine Moon wrote:
Lupine Moon wrote:The uncommon multi color "doodle" Moonflight pup from this month for red eyed german shepherd, common clockwork dog, and a BHA horse? (the one with the headband)

?

i dunno..that somehow doesn't seem fair to me. but i might be wrong..
Flintfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lupine Moon » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:56 am

Flintfang wrote:
Lupine Moon wrote:
Lupine Moon wrote:The uncommon multi color "doodle" Moonflight pup from this month for red eyed german shepherd, common clockwork dog, and a BHA horse? (the one with the headband)

?

i dunno..that somehow doesn't seem fair to me. but i might be wrong..

To which side? I want to know if something should be taken away or put on^^
Every mile, a memory
Every song, another scene
Like some old movie going back in time, you and me♫
-In Loving Memory Of Chloe-
My Black Lab Baby

ImageImage

<3 It's people like you that make me love life iBrevity...I'll never forget your kindness <3
Lupine Moon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Draca SaDiablo » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Can somebody please tell me what would be a fair offer for a cerberus? How many uncommon should I offer?
Image Image
Draca SaDiablo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EnteHühnchen » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:28 pm

Gonna go through with this anyway but... Is a Grey Dragon for both the Eat and Drink Me Dogs a good deal?
Had a bad day? Need a laugh? Visit these sites: Not Always Right & Computer Stupidities
DisabledLlama wrote:Guinea Pig is my main occupation.
Libertas wrote:Revenge! :P
ImageImageImageImage
EnteHühnchen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:58 pm

The value of shop pets relative to regular pets can't really be evaluated - people have to pay real money for shop pets, so technically they have a higher real value than any regular pet. However, in terms of rarity, they will become more common the longer they are available and are not as hard to come by as some of the rare regular pets through regular trading. In general, your average regular pet of some value (say an uncommon/somewhat rare '09) tends to be worth around 10 C$, rare '09s might be 20-30 C$, common/uncommon '08s might be 25-40 C$, rarer '08s might be 60 C$, and extremely rare/old pets (like the Joker, July/Augusts or Wood Angel) often go at around 120 C$ from what I've seen. So if you're offering on a shop pet that costs 40 C$, maybe something like an uncommon/rare '08 would be a good offer. However, it all depends on how highly the person with the C$ values their own money - if it's given to them free by their parents any time they want, they will probably give it away easily. If they're a starving university student who can only afford to buy 80 C$ a month and spent half of it on a Cerberus, you're probably not going to get it away from them for anything short of a July/August, if at all. For these reasons, we really can't answer questions like 'how much C$ is fair' or 'how many regular pets is a good offer for a shop pet', because that answer is not really dependent on rarity but on people's real-world assessments of the value of their money vs. the value of regular CS pets.
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby basti » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:06 pm

Atwood wrote:The value of shop pets relative to regular pets can't really be evaluated - people have to pay real money for shop pets, so technically they have a higher real value than any regular pet. However, in terms of rarity, they will become more common the longer they are available and are not as hard to come by as some of the rare regular pets through regular trading. In general, your average regular pet of some value (say an uncommon/somewhat rare '09) tends to be worth around 10 C$, rare '09s might be 20-30 C$, common/uncommon '08s might be 25-40 C$, rarer '08s might be 60 C$, and extremely rare/old pets (like the Joker, July/Augusts or Wood Angel) often go at around 120 C$ from what I've seen. So if you're offering on a shop pet that costs 40 C$, maybe something like an uncommon/rare '08 would be a good offer. However, it all depends on how highly the person with the C$ values their own money - if it's given to them free by their parents any time they want, they will probably give it away easily. If they're a starving university student who can only afford to buy 80 C$ a month and spent half of it on a Cerberus, you're probably not going to get it away from them for anything short of a July/August, if at all. For these reasons, we really can't answer questions like 'how much C$ is fair' or 'how many regular pets is a good offer for a shop pet', because that answer is not really dependent on rarity but on people's real-world assessments of the value of their money vs. the value of regular CS pets.

The best people to ask about the C$ to Pets Ratio are people who trade with 'CWP' as 1 CWP = 1 USD = 17 C$
basti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AdaliahPariah » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:39 pm

Could someone tell me if/or how much candy i could get in a trade for these little ghost items found via the hunt. I'm no too crazy about them, and if i could get something else for them i'd like to know a fair trade value.
AdaliahPariah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mami_Tomoe » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:18 pm

Lunarose66 wrote:s this fair?

Them:
Red Toxic

Me:
Jewelry Sun Bunny, Green Butter-bun, '08 Pink and Green swirl dog, '08 Tan Wreath Dog, C$ Squiddy, and two Ghost candies.

Is anyone going to answer me?!

“If you’re not 100% sure why you’re doing it, you’ll most certainly regret it later.”
Mami_Tomoe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Javin » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:00 pm

EnteHühnchen wrote:Gonna go through with this anyway but... Is a Grey Dragon for both the Eat and Drink Me Dogs a good deal?

Well, I traded a Cerberus for one - and both Store dogs together are worth more in C$... on that basis, probably yes.
One the basis that the Cerberus may be a Halloween special and the dogs may be available for longer, possibly not?
The store may sell quite a lot of those dogs, whereas the dragon will always be rare.
That said - I guess any trade is a good deal, as long as you're happy with the outcome at the end of the day.
Javin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keriae » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:58 pm

IsThisAFairTrade.PNG

I own the side with the Black Eyed Galaxy.
Keriae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me