Old Store Pets Count

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: List Store Pet Count! | New Owner Needed

Postby beemo » Fri May 05, 2017 7:54 am

I do think they were more for showing how many of one pet exists, not bragging rights, but I do think that's pointless now with the new list coming out. The people working on that will have more accurate numbers than this since they're going through a ton of IDs, while this only has owners who decide to post their pet.
beemo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: List Store Pet Count!

Postby ThunderCedar » Fri May 05, 2017 9:10 pm

On the bright side, guys, I'm going on an updating spree on this thread and I hope to keep it alive. :)
Why?
Well it may not be the most accurate way of finding out how many of a pet exist, but neither is going through a ton of IDs, since many of those IDs would belong to dead accounts which means the pet may as well not exist at that point.
imo it's pretty good to have this thread to try to approximate the number of store list pets that are most likely still on active accounts/in circulation ;w;
Either way whatever mods decide to do with this thread I will respect. I'm just gonna do my part and keep it up to date

also guys, please, remember the purple sleipnir is NOT a store pet. I'm going through posts and I see people posting the purple sleipnir, it's a halloween pet, not a store pet.
ThunderCedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Fri May 05, 2017 9:38 pm

Just wanted to add that for the rareslist i dont think anybody is going through ID's. We are going through old posts and checking what changed rarity when, but i don't believe anyone is actually counting pets. That's because it doesn't give an accurate representation of rarity anyways. We don't know what is considered an active or non active account and counting pets on accounts that might be considered inactive therefor has no use!

Don't forget not to add ID's of people who don't want their pets added here though :) I understand its tempting to put all that you find on this list but not every owner wants their ID numbers to be put on the front of the thread.

Altho i wonder if this thread actually gives an accurate display of how many store pets are on active accounts or in circulation. because many people posting here generally won't trade their store pet so then that pet isn't exactly in circulation anymore? it's found its 'forever home'. idk lol This project was always a big one when i helped start it back in the day xD
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThunderCedar » Fri May 05, 2017 9:46 pm

@DaDwarf
Of course, full respect to the rules here, even if there are rules I don't really believe in I will respect them because I'm no more than the person who will be keeping these threads up to date, I'm definitely not going to change rules and mess everything up :lol:

As for whether it's an accurate representation of pets that are actually in circulation, I'm pretty sure it's as close as one can possibly get x_x even the ones that are in hoards, etc... at least the counters show how many of a pet (likely) active users have managed to obtain as a whole
even if many are in locked groups, it still shows something
ThunderCedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simon » Sat May 06, 2017 2:04 am

Don't forget not to add ID's of people who don't want their pets added here though :)

I just want to point out that not a single person used that feature since I implemented it.
Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Sat May 06, 2017 2:07 am

Simon wrote:
    Don't forget not to add ID's of people who don't want their pets added here though :)

I just want to point out that not a single person used that feature since I implemented it.

Actually I've been compiling a list of my store pets IDs that I would like removed from the thread ^^;
Some people have found my locked pets via ids and sent offers that I was not asking for.
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThunderCedar » Sat May 06, 2017 2:09 am

Sinbreaker wrote:Actually I've been compiling a list of my store pets IDs that I would like removed from the thread ^^;
Some people have found my locked pets via ids and sent offers that I was not asking for.

well, that's a shame >^<
PM me and I will remove your requested IDs. ;v;
ᔱ ᔲ ᔳ ᔴ
ThunderCedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simon » Sat May 06, 2017 2:10 am

I'm not saying we should stop using the feature, I just find it interesting that not a single person has used it so far.
Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beemo » Sat May 06, 2017 3:12 am

That's actually another thing, what happens if one posts here but then trades it away to a user who would rather not have their ID listed? Is it really their responsibility to come here, search for all their IDs to check if they're posted, and then ask to have them removed?

I had good intentions when I created this thread, I just don't feel as if it's very helpful anymore (along with the other thread). DaDwarf made another good point, a lot of these pets aren't in circulation, and some were taken from inactive accounts/accounts that didn't ask to have their pets listed here (prior to that rule being made). You'd have to deleted every single ID and then go through all the pages again to follow that rule.

Also, sorry DaDwarf, thought I read somewhere that people were counting IDs, my bad. :B
beemo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sat May 06, 2017 8:12 am

I made use of the rule when it got implemented (why i suggested it xD) and one of my friends too! I used to get bombared with trades for my ur tigers and cerberusses when they were still on theres threads so thats why i dont want id searching to be possible. Now they can just hide in my groups. Thats the main reason why i thought that rule should be on ere.

@beemo, yes that is the idea. If someone now gets a pet that they dont want to be added here they can get it removed if they wanted too. I think its not so much an issue of the posts but more the front page. Having stuff on the front page in easy view can lead to a lot of spam trades were as a number posted in the 100s of posts on this thread wont be found as easily unless someone goes looking!
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me