Upcoming Rarity Changes Discussion

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Upcoming Rarity Changes Discussion

Postby KittyWarrior » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:51 am

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 5 people.
I have received 6 gifts.

. .
KittyWarrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Realtamoon » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:35 am

I'm not sure if it was this last update or not, but my 2011 June Bats have fallen from rare to uncommon. I have had my VC PPS sushi cat go up to Common. And also the munchkin PPS kittens had some rarity changes, both up and down in the litter. Again, I'm not sure if it was this last update or the one prior. I'm relatively new and had a friend quit and gift me most of their pets. I've been trying to organize them by date/event and rarity, but it is slow going. I am glad that I've found this thread, since I had no clue that rarities for all the pets could and do change over time...
Realtamoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RedWingBranch » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:52 am

I have a few questions I would LOVE to have answered. Please help me out with what you can. :)

Does the price of pet change with rarity? For example, is a rare 2009 warrior that was previously a very rare warrior, worth the same? Or will the pricing be the same as any other 2009 rare of that month?

Will the rarity go back up soon? Or is this permanent?

Are there more rarity changes coming?

Is there a place where there is prices all of the new rarities and their changes aside from the "How much is it worth?" type threads?

Also, is it okay to post in those threads about the price of a pet previously listed but that has changed in rarity?

Thank you so much! <3
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
RedWingBranch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RavenclawHobbit » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:04 pm

RedWingBranch wrote:I have a few questions I would LOVE to have answered. Please help me out with what you can. :)

Does the price of pet change with rarity? For example, is a rare 2009 warrior that was previously a very rare warrior, worth the same? Or will the pricing be the same as any other 2009 rare of that month?

Is there a place where there is prices all of the new rarities and their changes aside from the "How much is it worth?" type threads?

Also, is it okay to post in those threads about the price of a pet previously listed but that has changed in rarity?

Thank you so much! <3

The answer to your first question is both yes and no - sorry to be ambiguous!
The price of a pet is determined by its demand versus how many of them there are in circulation. Since new users are joining all the time, the demand (and therefore the price) of all pets increases slowly all the time. The rarity labels are really just "categories" to help users trade & sort their pets. That's why (as I'm sure you know) not all rares are worth the same. 2010 rares are worth more than 2013 rares, and certain rares are harder to find than others. So when a rarity label changes (say, from common to uncommon), it doesn't mean that pet just randomly doubled in value overnight - it means that pet's rarity has been increasing slowly for a long time and it just crossed over the threshold into "uncommon". However, especially with newer pets, most of us don't have a firm grasp on EXACTLY what each and every pet is worth (and trading would be a nightmare if we did!). So most of us just use rarity labels as a guideline, and in that respect, the changing rarity label does increase how much you should be able to trade the pet for.
I hope that made sense!

The pets that went down in rarity will go up again eventually. Nick shared with us that the rarities were inflated by a sudden surge of spambot accounts that joined, and as those accounts are getting deleted the pets are going back down to their original worth. But since all pets gain worth slowly over time, they will go back up. If a pet was previously Very Rare, that means it is very, very close to border between R and VR, so yes, it is worth a little more than other rares from that month.

The rarities get updated approximately every month (sometimes closer to every two or three months). They will never stop shifting, because the CS economy will never stop shifting!

Do you mean this thread? Here you can see a list of all the pets that have changed rarities during the last update.

Yes, it is okay to ask for clarification on a pet pricing thread if you are unsure whether the new rarity has effected the price. Be aware that you might get the exact same answer, though, because as I explained above, a rarity change doesn't drastically change a pet's value overnight.

I hope this helps answer your questions :)
Bring your daylight, bring your dark,
    ~~~~~~~Share your silence, and unpack your heart.

My DAMy Art BlogCharacter WebsiteAsk Gavin & Chase
About Me: Call me Raven or Meg, whichever you fancy. I'm female, vegetarian, a guinea pig owner, artist, and horseback rider. I love fandoms, from Harry Potter to Game of Thrones to Chaos Walking to Sherlock and most recently, Star Wars!. I don't log in as frequently as I used to, so please be patient when waiting for PMs and trades.
RavenclawHobbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RedWingBranch » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:16 am

RavenclawHobbit wrote:
RedWingBranch wrote:I have a few questions I would LOVE to have answered. Please help me out with what you can. :)

Thank you so much! <3

The answer to your first question is both yes and no - sorry to be ambiguous!
The price of a pet is determined by its demand versus how many of them there are in circulation. Since new users are joining all the time, the demand (and therefore the price) of all pets increases slowly all the time. The rarity labels are really just "categories" to help users trade & sort their pets. That's why (as I'm sure you know) not all rares are worth the same. 2010 rares are worth more than 2013 rares, and certain rares are harder to find than others. So when a rarity label changes (say, from common to uncommon), it doesn't mean that pet just randomly doubled in value overnight - it means that pet's rarity has been increasing slowly for a long time and it just crossed over the threshold into "uncommon". However, especially with newer pets, most of us don't have a firm grasp on EXACTLY what each and every pet is worth (and trading would be a nightmare if we did!). So most of us just use rarity labels as a guideline, and in that respect, the changing rarity label does increase how much you should be able to trade the pet for.
I hope that made sense!

The pets that went down in rarity will go up again eventually. Nick shared with us that the rarities were inflated by a sudden surge of spambot accounts that joined, and as those accounts are getting deleted the pets are going back down to their original worth. But since all pets gain worth slowly over time, they will go back up. If a pet was previously Very Rare, that means it is very, very close to border between R and VR, so yes, it is worth a little more than other rares from that month.

The rarities get updated approximately every month (sometimes closer to every two or three months). They will never stop shifting, because the CS economy will never stop shifting!

Do you mean this thread? Here you can see a list of all the pets that have changed rarities during the last update.

Yes, it is okay to ask for clarification on a pet pricing thread if you are unsure whether the new rarity has effected the price. Be aware that you might get the exact same answer, though, because as I explained above, a rarity change doesn't drastically change a pet's value overnight.

I hope this helps answer your questions :)

Yes it does, I really appreciate this! Thanks for taking the time to answer so thoroughly too :)
ImageImageImageImage
RedWingBranch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sagiri » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:16 am

Do you think, there is a chance Shima Longtail become very rare, soon?
“Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is a ladder.
Many who try to climb it fail, and never get to try again.
The fall breaks them.
And some are given a chance to climb, but refuse.
They cling to the realm, or love, or the gods…illusions. Only the ladder is real.
The climb is all there is." -Petyr Baelish[/center]
Sagiri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anastasia » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:17 am

so is it just me, or did the warrior Cloudstar just turn rare?? (just making sure O.O)

does this mean he's worth even more now?? or is still worth an uncommon from 2009?

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/viewpet.php?id=4335039
Anastasia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DerbyGirl » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:41 am

Sagiri wrote:Do you think, there is a chance Shima Longtail become very rare, soon?

No. It wasn't too long ago it turned rare. Just crazy demand making it seem rarer is all.
Let's Chat! wrote:Trade and pet value
questions? 1×1 RP? Just want to chat?
Feel free to PM me, my inbox is always open!

Image ImageImage ~ Image
DerbyGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:16 am

rawritsana wrote:so is it just me, or did the warrior Cloudstar just turn rare?? (just making sure O.O)

does this mean he's worth even more now?? or is still worth an uncommon from 2009?

I got this guy from the 18th last year, so I recently looked at it and I'm pretty sure it was rare. This was just a couple days ago though so I don't know anything past then.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:25 pm

Wookieinmashoo wrote:
rawritsana wrote:so is it just me, or did the warrior Cloudstar just turn rare?? (just making sure O.O)

I got this guy from the 18th last year, so I recently looked at it and I'm pretty sure it was rare. This was just a couple days ago though so I don't know anything past then.

Nope, he just turned rare I think. Last time I remember he was uncommon, went rare, and then back to uncommon.
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌