Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby Santa Ria » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:00 pm

Aurorastar wrote:

I would report this person to Tess and Nick for scamming. The fact that they're targeting new people is also another strike against them. I don't know if CS has an official policy against scamming or not but if something like that had happened to me when I was new and I accepted, only to find out later I'd been scammed? I'd probably quit the site.

If there isn't already there should be a rule against scams, just like there is against begging and other offenses (although those are often broken). Especially ones like this where an older member is targeting a newer one then making them feel guilty and stupid if they don't want to accept. Things like that really tick me off.

*deep breath*

I feel better now :D

Its hard to 'prevent' scamming. I mean look at it this way. Your friend gives you a few fairly rare pets. You guys get in a fight and terminate your friendship. That person then goes to a mod or admin and says oh they scammed me blah blah blah.

I think if you're on a game like this, you have to accept that you're going to get scam-ish trades and n00b trades. It comes with the territory, thats why you rarely see me ranting on here.
Santa Ria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nahc-Aros » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Please dont cuss me out, this is my opinion, but i dont relly think they were nessisarily scamming...just trying to trade, it is a VERY newb trade, but i just dont think that was their intent, i have tried ninja trading before ((never worked though)) and i'm not so sure if it should be a rule, Unless their intent WAS scamming, you know?

But i do agree with you about the trade, it was a HORRIBLE trade ;)

((again, please dont chew me out for having an opinion :) ))
Image Image Image
Pet's name: Rayna
Rayna is my baby (:
Nahc-Aros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:05 pm

I have to agree, that trade was a bit unfair. I think they were trying to get something out of you. But, that's life. There are scams everywhere. You just need to know when to ignore them and when to report them.

For example, you shouldn't report that person. They weren't saying "Oh, those pets aren't rare at all! THESE pets are rare." They were just ninja-trading. They just didn't pay attention to the big "Quality, not quantity" thing.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Santa Ria » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:08 pm

Seasonal <3 wrote:I have to agree, that trade was a bit unfair. I think they were trying to get something out of you. But, that's life. There are scams everywhere. You just need to know when to ignore them and when to report them.

For example, you shouldn't report that person. They weren't saying "Oh, those pets aren't rare at all! THESE pets are rare." They were just ninja-trading. They just didn't pay attention to the big "Quality, not quantity" thing.

And no matter how many people try to act like ninja trading is such a horrid thing, many people have or still do ninja trade.

I know I have tons of people that don't like me because I have and will ninja trade. I don't sit there and tell people oh that pets not rare at all and I don't beg them for it when they cancel either. Eh its whatever.
Santa Ria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kari Lion » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:11 pm

Sornia wrote:Please dont cuss me out, this is my opinion, but i dont relly think they were nessisarily scamming...just trying to trade, it is a VERY newb trade, but i just dont think that was their intent, i have tried ninja trading before ((never worked though)) and i'm not so sure if it should be a rule, Unless their intent WAS scamming, you know?

No, they were definitely trying to scam. It wasn't a "newb" trade because they're not a newb making a silly trade offer, they were trying to take advantage of someone who they thought was a newb by intentionally misleading them and telling them they were making a really good deal.

I've had someone do a similar thing to me by trying to get my St Patty's and one of my V-Day dogs from me offering me some "uncommon" (but way way more common than my holiday pets) dogs and saying something along the lines of "Here these dogs are rare they will help you."

ETA - I think there is a big difference between accepting a trade that someone offers you that is really better for you, or willingly participating in a trade that might be better for you but that the other person suggests or is okay with because they might not now any better, and DELIBERATELY lying to someone to try and take advantage of them.
Last edited by Kari Lion on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Kari Lion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nahc-Aros » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:14 pm

never_ender wrote:
Sornia wrote:Please dont cuss me out, this is my opinion, but i dont relly think they were nessisarily scamming...just trying to trade, it is a VERY newb trade, but i just dont think that was their intent, i have tried ninja trading before ((never worked though)) and i'm not so sure if it should be a rule, Unless their intent WAS scamming, you know?

No, they were definitely trying to scam. It wasn't a "newb" trade because they're not a newb making a silly trade offer, they were trying to take advantage of someone who they thought was a newb by intentionally misleading them and telling them they were making a really good deal.

I've had someone do a similar thing to me by trying to get my St Patty's and one of my V-Day dogs from me offering me some "uncommon" (but way way more common than my holiday pets) dogs and saying something along the lines of "Here these dogs are rare they will help you."

Hmm, well i can see your opinion, actualy, it hink i can kinda see it now...but Lying I'm not so sure if thats nessisarily against the rules;)

And i think you example DEFINATLY was trying to scam, but? what can you do?
Image Image Image
Pet's name: Rayna
Rayna is my baby (:
Nahc-Aros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☼ Graceful Aurora ☼ » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:17 pm

sublime wrote:
Aurorastar wrote:

I would report this person to Tess and Nick for scamming. The fact that they're targeting new people is also another strike against them. I don't know if CS has an official policy against scamming or not but if something like that had happened to me when I was new and I accepted, only to find out later I'd been scammed? I'd probably quit the site.

If there isn't already there should be a rule against scams, just like there is against begging and other offenses (although those are often broken). Especially ones like this where an older member is targeting a newer one then making them feel guilty and stupid if they don't want to accept. Things like that really tick me off.

*deep breath*

I feel better now :D

Its hard to 'prevent' scamming. I mean look at it this way. Your friend gives you a few fairly rare pets. You guys get in a fight and terminate your friendship. That person then goes to a mod or admin and says oh they scammed me blah blah blah.

I think if you're on a game like this, you have to accept that you're going to get scam-ish trades and n00b trades. It comes with the territory, thats why you rarely see me ranting on here.

No that's an entirely different situation, its the trade message that would get this guy. It's pretty obvious he was pulling her leg about how fair the trade really was. Offering an unfair trade is different than saying that an unfair trade IS fair, and the latter would definetly be a scam. And again, since he targeted someone he thought he knew was new, I feel he should be punished. Again, personal opinion though, and I don't think an actual rule is in place...
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
“Only if we understand, can we care. Only if we care, we will help. Only if we help, we shall be saved.” - Jane Goodall
---Image Image Image Image Image---
☼ Graceful Aurora ☼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Adelle » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:19 pm

Uhm... That happened to me when I first joined. Sure I'm super ticked off about it, I'm just going to try to forget it. >.> Even though they pretty much just stole my Joker from me. *Sighs* The stupidity of being a n00b. XD
Note:

Taking a hiatus. Sorry, life's just busy at the moment. Dragonspirit will be taking care of my account while I am away. Dont expect to see me often or for a while.
Adelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Santa Ria » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Aurorastar wrote:
No that's an entirely different situation, its the trade message that would get this guy. It's pretty obvious he was pulling her leg about how fair the trade really was. Offering an unfair trade is different than saying that an unfair trade IS fair, and the latter would definetly be a scam. And again, since he targeted someone he thought he knew was new, I feel he should be punished. Again, personal opinion though, and I don't think an actual rule is in place...

There is not. Again though, does that mean every person who does a ninja trade going to be banned? I have a feeling if that did happen, you'd have a lot of players off the game.
Santa Ria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:29 pm

sublime wrote:
Aurorastar wrote:

There is not. Again though, does that mean every person who does a ninja trade going to be banned? I have a feeling if that did happen, you'd have a lot of players off the game.

I'm somewhat of a ninja-trader. I just don't pay attention to values, because they honestly don't mean a lot to me. Like, if someone wants an October common because they like it, and they offer an "ugly dog" (let's say it was a toxic) I would definitely take the trade. If they're happy, and I'm happy, I feel that's better than getting a rare that you don't want.

Now that I'm done babbling, I do think that person was a bit rude for trying to scam a newbie. If you didn't know values, and accepted that trade, you'd lose rares for something so common you can find it nearly anywhere.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes