CS Rares+ Guide

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Poll 3: How would you like valuable pets to be tiered?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:15 pm

-By non value, like how the FTT does, and structured like the old list was!
29%
-I'd like to see a new way of sorting the list! (Comment your idea!)
27%
-I just want to see the results.
44%

Total votes : 160

Re: CS Rares+ Guide

Postby みりん〇°• » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:44 pm

Will you have separate lists for rarity and demand? Will demand data be collected by survey?
Image☙豆 豆 龍 ~ ꪻ ꪮ ꪻ ꪮ ᥅ ꪮ ~ ド ド ロ❧
ImageImageImageClick for ♫
みりん〇°•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kittytalia » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:51 pm

I'm just as worried about the new players. And there isn't even a list up yet, so there should be no rush for a poll...

I've been doing my best to keep an open ear, though I'd still rather keep my name out of the title, if just for personal reason in how it would end up making me feel weird or egotistical.

Also, the original list had different circumstances than mine. It was founded by a global helper, later promoted to admin, and for a long time was the only list allowed on the entire site- people didn't have other options like they do now. Other threads and guides were locked back then.

Rarity/demand would be together, normal pets and stores would be separated, and data would be collected from the FTT, polls, and general opinion/comments here.

Anyways, I still appreciate everyone's input.
I'm just starting to feel discouraged about this whole site and everything.
ImageImageImage
Kittytalia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Heizou~ » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:57 pm

Please do it, I would really like there to be a new list for the noobies :)
Dont leason to those people.
YOU do YOU not them
~Heizou~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Liliette » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:12 pm

We are asking very important questions regarding this outline you want to create, because it takes a lot of time and effort. it likely wont be created & updated efficiently unless you are really dedicated and/or have another person helping you

If you are struggling already, unable to put up polls/do work because of outside life, I suggest looking for help. Especially since you are in school. This isnt me rushing you...your project is a lot of work for one person imo. I know i wouldn't do it alone.

ssniperwolf wrote:Please do it, I would really like there to be a new list for the noobies :)
Dont leason to those people.
YOU do YOU not them

A lot of people don't like the idea of this list, including myself as of right now, but kittytalia has every right to make it. However, not listening to people is not the answer (unless this list becomes more of a personal one).

Receiving criticism and debating is part of ANY suggestion to make this website better

The CS community will voice their opinions and those opinions might discourage kittytalia.
people will disagree.
people will agree.
people will share their ideas
people will question you.
people will point out some faults in your idea.
It's part of the process, similar to a meeting for club, council, whatever.
Liliette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kittytalia » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:28 pm

I'm still not doing the poll on whether this should exist- I really hope for obvious reason.

And I'm not delaying the naming one for some selfish purpose. I'm just too tired tonight to collect all the names, wait until morning.

I think my problem is no matter what I do, nobody's happy. I wanted to make people happy but very few are- and some still want it gone, or keep telling me that nobody wants me to do something I'd been imagining doing for years, honestly- to try and make people happy and actually help out. I've also never been part of a club where everybody's unhappy at eachother all the time..

I don't know what to do now. Nothing I do from here makes anybody happy...
So idk..

Aside from that.... I'll put a Google doc with info up tomorrow sometime too.. You can comment about it and say if anything should be moved when the time comes..
ImageImageImage
Kittytalia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dimi. » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:51 pm

Kittytalia wrote:I'm still not doing the poll on whether this should exist- I really hope for obvious reason.

And I'm not delaying the naming one for some selfish purpose. I'm just too tired tonight to collect all the names, wait until morning.

I think my problem is no matter what I do, nobody's happy. I wanted to make people happy but very few are- and some still want it gone, or keep telling me that nobody wants me to do something I'd been imagining doing for years, honestly- to try and make people happy and actually help out. I've also never been part of a club where everybody's unhappy at eachother all the time..

So idk..

Aside from that.... I'll put a Google doc with info up tomorrow sometime too.. You can comment about it and say if anything should be moved when the time comes..

nobody was happy because the last list was voted to be taken off the market; you said you came into this expecting controversy and some difficulty, and you got it. there's no way to sugar coat this, and after how most of us on this thread have been ignored, i doubt any of our opinions will change.

wanting to do this is valid, but you're honestly going about it all the wrong way. if you want to make people happy, do what they want; a rarity list that isn't only focused on demand. that would get you a lot more respect than a demand list that is so similar to the last list that it's obviously going to cause trouble.

i'm sorry you're feeling discouraged, but when the voices of a "community ran" thread are consistently ignored, you can't expect to get very much respect or praise for what you're doing. it takes a lot of time, yes, but sometimes you just have to consider; is that time really worth it for what you're aiming for? are people actually going to utilize it? or are people going to ignore it.
I have quit this game as of September 15th, 2022 and will only be around on December 18th for pets to sell.

Please contact me on Flightrising should I have any adoptables floating around you would like to purchase for C$ should a species TOS allow it. You may message here, but chances are I won't see it for a while.
dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xiao_Jian » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:03 pm

dimi. wrote:
Kittytalia wrote:I'm still not doing the poll on whether this should exist- I really hope for obvious reason.

So idk..

nobody was happy because the last list was voted to be taken off the market; you said you came into this expecting controversy and some difficulty, and you got it. there's no way to sugar coat this, and after how most of us on this thread have been ignored, i doubt any of our opinions will change.

wanting to do this is valid, but you're honestly going about it all the wrong way. if you want to make people happy, do what they want; a rarity list that isn't only focused on demand. that would get you a lot more respect than a demand list that is so similar to the last list that it's obviously going to cause trouble.

i'm sorry you're feeling discouraged, but when the voices of a "community ran" thread are consistently ignored, you can't expect to get very much respect or praise for what you're doing. it takes a lot of time, yes, but sometimes you just have to consider; is that time really worth it for what you're aiming for? are people actually going to utilize it? or are people going to ignore it.

This 100%.
Unless you are looking at a massive number of trade every day, going by demand just isn't going to work.
It'll just be what you and whatever users agree with you say it is, which was a huge part of the problem with the List in the first place.
There have been 0 problems with "demand is up to you and your trading partner" on the FTT.
Even OMGSR rats are being traded for their actual value now, because the List and the handful of users that controlled it aren't saying their demand is low anymore.
I've said it like 4 times already, but going by actual rarity will make this a much more popular project.
Xiao_Jian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:18 pm

Actuallt the original thread was NOT created by that mod/admin. Due to a lot of spam she took over thr ownership, but she never created it amd also never claimed to have. Someone created it, and community voted with polls and discussions where placements should be. Sometimes there wasnt enough to work with, so placements were delayed. When spam calmed down and her life became more busy she gave it back to a normal member. But staff never created it. But that also made it look more official, which shouldnt have happened.

You SHOULD run a poll for a name of this thread. Many asked for it, dont ignore them. This is your chance to show how you listen to the community. You say 'sure give me some names as example' and then you do absolutely NOTHING with it.
Make a poll for a new name. Dont want your namw in it? Leave it out, but make the poll. Show that you listen to the community and you value communjty over your own personal opinion.
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Liliette » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:23 pm

So idk..

You can still have your list, but there isn't a guarantee many people will use it due to many reasons previously listed. it's not a personal attack. Your list may very well actually help some people even if its not a majority. You do have some supporters like seasonal and ssniperwolf.

I don't think people are unhappy with you all the time. I think people are unhappy with your idea and the way you kind of brush off people's concerns.

As someone who used to be a officer of a community service club, there was definitely times when people disagreed with an idea (whether it be a project or when should our next service day be and for who). It doesn't mean they hated the person, just the idea. You have to compromise when you are doing something for a community so there's a middle ground that most can get behind. Of course, you'll never be able to satisfy everyone...that's just a fact in life, but there's no logic in trying to help the community while simultaneously not listening/address their opinions, questions, suggestions...

this a thousand percent
Liliette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby f1owercrown » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:39 pm

So idk..

I hope you realize that people are speaking up against this precisely because the last time a list like this was done, it sparked controversy and chaos that eventually led to its downfall. It’s normal to be starry-eyed and hopeful in the beginning (it happens to the best if us lol), but this really isn’t the way to go if your ultimate goal is to ‘make everybody happy’. First, you can’t please everybody, and second, reviving something that people wanted to stay dead will obviously cause upset. I hate to say this, but causing a pity party won’t automatically make the ones against this change minds, mine included.

At the end of the day, it really is up to you what you want to do, but all we ask for is that you make this a personal project and not something that will make people think this is the ‘gospel truth’ for trading. You not wanting to put your username because it’s ‘weird’ or ‘egotistical’ is valid, but the reason we suggest so is because we’re afraid it will end up being more ‘official’ than we had wanted, circling us all the way back to the problems of the old list.

Also, this shouldn’t really discourage you from playing on CS. The reason we’re commenting is to help you know what the community wants in regards to your idea, and we’d hoped you’d take this more maturely and respect our inputs as members of the community you want to help with this project. Things wouldn’t have turned out this heated the sooner you had addressed most people’s problems.

TL;DR: Yes, you do you, but for community-based projects it’s best to listen to the community you’re basing your project on. If many discourage you from doing this project for many reasons, maybe it’s a sign you need to fix something in the way you’re running this.
    ┌──────────────┐

────────────────────
    flower · v soft · she/her
    ────────────────────
    I'd rather waltz than just
    walk through the forest.

└──────────────┘
      ┌──────────────┐

───────── ─────────
      v busy bee in postgrad.
      please do not ask to buy
      any of my characters, ty!