The Rarity Trade Guide

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: "The" Rarity Trade Guide // Rough Draft, **New Poll**

Postby ShadowHunteress » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:50 am

Marking this list! It looks really interesting!
Check out Lorwolf! Use my referral code to get the chance for a companion!
https://www.lorwolf.com/Refer/11524
ShadowHunteress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowHunteress » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:39 am

How can we help with this list?
ShadowHunteress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:42 am

TaxiderMiss wrote:How can we help with this list?

At the moment I'm waiting for the person who records the polls to save this data then we are moving onto the vote for UR's and Store pets to be added or not.

What could help is directing your friends who want to see change to CS to this thread (and the other guides in the works!) while also suggesting any future ideas you have for construction.

Every idea will be listened and discussed. And I've been trying my best to answer every question I see so people are aware that there is at least someone listening. But most of my answers have also been speculation of the future and I don't want my word to be 'law'. So if I ever suggest something that someone doesn't agree with I want people to discuss it openly on the thread and point out the flaws.

Discussion is the most helpful thing at this moment.
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowHunteress » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:52 am

I think store pets should be left off, since they are their own special thing, since unlike everything else, they don't get rereleased, which kinda makes their value wonky and harder to actually judge, since pets that have a rerelease will always have the re-infusion into the economy if that makes sense?
ShadowHunteress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:55 am

TaxiderMiss wrote:I think store pets should be left off, since they are their own special thing, since unlike everything else, they don't get rereleased, which kinda makes their value wonky and harder to actually judge, since pets that have a rerelease will always have the re-infusion into the economy if that makes sense?

It does make a lot of sense and is one of the main arguments for not including them on the Rarity Guide here ^^ I'm indifferent personally if they are added or not. See pros and cons on both sides.

I think before the store vote goes up there should be a pros and cons list, though I don't think I have the ability to properly write one up. So that's something the thread would need help on.

╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowHunteress » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:00 am

Sinbreaker wrote:
TaxiderMiss wrote:I think store pets should be left off, since they are their own special thing, since unlike everything else, they don't get rereleased, which kinda makes their value wonky and harder to actually judge, since pets that have a rerelease will always have the re-infusion into the economy if that makes sense?

It does make a lot of sense and is one of the main arguments for not including them on the Rarity Guide here ^^ I'm indifferent personally if they are added or not. See pros and cons on both sides.

I think before the store vote goes up there should be a pros and cons list, though I don't think I have the ability to properly write one up. So that's something the thread would need help on.

Should Store Pets be included in the rarity guide?

Pros:
-It would give a side by side value with more readily available pets
-Would make the list more complete and give a reference to where the store pets sit amongst the others

Cons:
-Store pets have a concrete value since there is only a certain amount on the site, where the other pets on the list are more fluid due to re-release, so it would be hard to keep it updated

Anyone else have any pros and cons to add?
ShadowHunteress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stan. » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:22 am

TaxiderMiss wrote:
Sinbreaker wrote:

Should Store Pets be included in the rarity guide?

Pros:
-It would give a side by side value with more readily available pets
-Would make the list more complete and give a reference to where the store pets sit amongst the others

Cons:
-Store pets have a concrete value since there is only a certain amount on the site, where the other pets on the list are more fluid due to re-release, so it would be hard to keep it updated

Anyone else have any pros and cons to add?

I can't think of any pro or con to add, but it could be mentioned that a store pets only list could be made. And that if store pets are added to this list, in order to keep it 'accurate', the placement of all store pets could be revised every certain amount of time (per example, every 6 or 12 months) but it definitely would add a big chunk of work in terms of management.

stan [he/him]
    i speak spanish & english
    artshop
stan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:26 am

A store pet list could be made but that doesn't make them exclusive to that list. But it would be a nice addition to CS! Store Pets are complicated in their own right.

but something you said, the up-keep would be constant... and that might be a good thing? It forces us to update every once in a while instead of waiting every 1-2 years to do 'touch ups' which is what the Rare's List was doing until the recent fallout in early 2017. Keeping this guide hopefully in tune with the community's changing ways and the updated values of pets. It's hard to say what the future may hold for certain pets outside of the Store Pet system.

Either way, Store Pets or not, I do hope the community feels good about having updates more frequently than the RL did.

╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
©

╚════════════════╝

Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:36 am

Store pets don't have a set rarity, actually. Look at the Skelebun.
What has happened?
There is a certain number of pets bought at the store. So it's 1 store pet per 100 members (random number, not offical!!) which makes it VR. Let's say there were 10.000 members when this one retired.
A few years later there are 100.000 active members, but the amount of store pets is the same for that outcome, which made it more rare.
Tess herself said store pets aren't part of the official collection, which is also why they have the C$ now. I think it's best to give them a seperate list to make it more clear that you don't need them to have an 'official' complete collection.
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stan. » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:37 am

Sinbreaker wrote:A store pet list could be made but that doesn't make them exclusive to that list. But it would be a nice addition to CS! Store Pets are complicated in their own right.

but something you said, the up-keep would be constant... and that might be a good thing? It forces us to update every once in a while instead of waiting every 1-2 years to do 'touch ups' which is what the Rare's List was doing until the recent fallout in early 2017. Keeping this guide hopefully in tune with the community's changing ways and the updated values of pets. It's hard to say what the future may hold for certain pets outside of the Store Pet system.

Either way, Store Pets or not, I do hope the community feels good about having updates more frequently than the RL did.

Yeah forgot to say that! A store pets only list could be made regardless of if store pets are included in this list, it can be a separate resource, or an 'add' on to this guide.

Personally, I love constant updates, and technically if this guide were to add store pets, a Lil update every 2 months could be made as that's the rate with which store pets are released ^^
But I meant the constant upkeeping might be hard if it's only one or few people who have to do it, especially if they're very busy with irl issues. If I'm not mistaken, I had heard something about some folks managing the rare list thread being really busy and unable to get in cs for very long periods of time (in the past), and that might be an issue if constant updates is what a thread is aiming for

stan [he/him]
    i speak spanish & english
    artshop
stan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me