Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby ika; » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:10 am

What is the matter with people!?!

I just got two absolutely ridiculous trades:

They wanted: My halloween fire horse
They gave: A common horse

They wanted: My halloween fire horse
They gave: A Nick Horse

They could at least SPELL properly!!!

/semi-quit cs, find me on flight rising here/

trading all pets & items for flight rising stuff
ika;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Drucilla » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:35 am

ok, I just added somebody to my foes list :twisted: :twisted: want to know why?

First they sent me a trade asking for my July 08 Sun dog for 2 newborn puppies. THE SUN DOG IS IN A LOCKED GROUP THOUGH!!!

Ugh, but they are new, and I thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. Of course, there is no freaking way I would accept that trade (or ever trade that dog anyways for anything) so I removed her and left my side blank with this comment:
"no I am sorry but that dog is very rare and worth MUCH more than newborns. She is also not for trade ever. But if you would like, I am collecting newborns and would give you some common pets from my trades for these two"

They (and I have no idea how) edited it again to include my precious July 08 Sun from my locked group and said
: PLEASE! I really want her!

I edited her out and exlained again. Rinse and repeat she did this 5 times!

She is now a FOE. and I am very annoyed.

Everything I own is for trade for Aywas pets/currency. Message me there for more info! My account, MommyDru
Drucilla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IORG101 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:54 am

If they manually enter the pets number, trade settings don't matter.

I always double-check which groups my pets are in before accepting.
IORG101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:59 am

Is that really possible?! :o

Man if newbies knew that >< There should be some way to totally disable trade offers then... :?
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby T. Faulkner » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:18 am

Frag, she's right. o____o; I just tried it with that same Sunback of Drucilla's- didn't actually send the trade, of course, just entered in the number- and it works, just as if the pet wasn't in a locked group.

So that's how that one idiot added my two Pound Pets from my locked group to a trade...

Is there any way to fix that? To make the pet itself locked, so that people can't send trades on it no matter what? I realize there isn't now, but how hard do you think it would be for the mod's to rig one?
Hey mods! I'm merging accounts with Diabolacuna, so I'll be sending all my pets over to her a bit at a time! Thanks for understanding!
T. Faulkner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Enbizaka » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:26 am

I hate when newbies DON'T have trading groups, because you pick a common or something and their like "NO! HAVE THIS!" and then they want a rare pet and give you a very common one >.<
--
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
---| hi | hi | hi | hi | hi | hi |
╭──────────────────╮
╰──────────────────╯

I can't make a pretty signature help
Enbizaka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pura » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:30 am

I just got three trades from the same person, all asking for high-value pets and offering things like caterpillars from this month and newborns from this month as well.
The worst one is this: my Drink Me dog and an advent offering two current second gens and a ferret newborn, with this message: "please can i have this pet. cancel not -edit thanks"
Annoying how they think that ordering me not to cancel will get them anywhere.

lemon lime spine
Pura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Enbizaka » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:31 am

Pura wrote:I just got three trades from the same person, all asking for high-value pets and offering things like caterpillars from this month and newborns from this month as well.
The worst one is this: my Drink Me dog and an advent offering two current second gens and a ferret newborn, with this message: "please can i have this pet. cancel not -edit thanks"
Annoying how they think that ordering me not to cancel will get them anywhere.

If I was you, I would send a message back with, "cancel yes - not edit. Thanks"
--
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
---| hi | hi | hi | hi | hi | hi |
╭──────────────────╮
╰──────────────────╯

I can't make a pretty signature help
Enbizaka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Drucilla » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:32 am

Drucilla wrote:ok, I just added somebody to my foes list :twisted: :twisted: want to know why?

First they sent me a trade asking for my July 08 Sun dog for 2 newborn puppies. THE SUN DOG IS IN A LOCKED GROUP THOUGH!!!

Ugh, but they are new, and I thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. Of course, there is no freaking way I would accept that trade (or ever trade that dog anyways for anything) so I removed her and left my side blank with this comment:
"no I am sorry but that dog is very rare and worth MUCH more than newborns. She is also not for trade ever. But if you would like, I am collecting newborns and would give you some common pets from my trades for these two"

They (and I have no idea how) edited it again to include my precious July 08 Sun from my locked group and said
: PLEASE! I really want her!

I edited her out and exlained again. Rinse and repeat she did this 5 times!

She is now a FOE. and I am very annoyed.

strayscream wrote:Frag, she's right. o____o; I just tried it with that same Sunback of Drucilla's- didn't actually send the trade, of course, just entered in the number- and it works, just as if the pet wasn't in a locked group.

So that's how that one idiot added my two Pound Pets from my locked group to a trade...

Is there any way to fix that? To make the pet itself locked, so that people can't send trades on it no matter what? I realize there isn't now, but how hard do you think it would be for the mod's to rig one?

How frustrating. To me, a pet in a locked group should be.. well, locked! lol. Maybe Nick will be able to fix the problem when he gets back from Japan ;)

For now though, I guess we'll all just have to be super careful with our trades...

Everything I own is for trade for Aywas pets/currency. Message me there for more info! My account, MommyDru
Drucilla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IORG101 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:05 am

I can't remember when or which thread, but Nick said it was done so we could trade people without having to unlock our groups on either side.

I'd like to see a way to lock it out too, but it's not too high on my list cause I don't get many random trades thanks to staying invisible on the forums.
IORG101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me