The “How much is this pet worth?” Thread!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The “How much is this pet worth?” Thread!

Postby drxgxn » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:21 am

this one? tysm!
my flight rising username is drxgxn as well . . . they/them ~ infj ~ capricorn ~ true neutral ~ cs-5
drxgxn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bridgy1234 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:25 am

acentric ♥ wrote:

2008-10-11

does anyone know what this guy is worth? ive had him sitting around for a while cuz i dont want to undertrade anything for it <:o

Don’t know much on value in pets but value in c$ is 50-60. At least that’s what it was last few times I’ve traded for them
Bridgy1234

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby haylin » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:55 am

I can't figure out how to put an image here....it's not what it used to be haha But how much is the Robot rat grom the space event 2016 worth? Is it really worth '09 rares?
[right]
haylin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blue_Aussie » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:07 am

How much are the slepniers worth each?
Blue_Aussie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby simplydriftingalong » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:15 am

How much is the racecar spider worth?
I'm offering 30 pets in this group for it; am I undervaluing said spider?
simplydriftingalong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ceborat » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:49 am

Hey guys,
I returned this year after a long break. And I was surprised when I saw, that most of recent Store Pets turn out to be rare. And I kind of wondered if there is a difference in their worth? Logically a very rare Store pet must be worth more than a rare one from the same year, right? But why does it say every „2020 store pet is worth a mid/late 2010 pet“.
I haven’t read anywhere about this... I wanted to check if I didn’t miss something.
Thanks in advance (:
    all time dreamie wrote:Image

If you send me a random trade suggestion,
    I will gift you a few pets.
    I will try to choose some of your WL.
    Just type "Thank you" in the messages
    and I’ll try to answer shortly. <3
ceborat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .crossfire. » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:01 am

Trellium wrote:I can’t search threads on mobile, what are the slepnirs set worth?

The brown sleipnir is worth 2-2.5 nons
the purple sleipnir is worth 2 MA's

in total they are worth 2-7.75 nons roughly

Mikuru Senpai wrote:
    May I ask what this little guys worth is ? uwu
    Because I have no idea what deman this guy has or if it has any

three month rule or two '11 rares. demand is between you and your trading partner.

Tavii wrote:Image

how much is this lil guy worth? thanks in advance!

three month rule, however lions have a decent demand, so you may get more. but demand is between you and whoever you decide to trade with

drxgxn wrote:this one? tysm!

three month rule or two '09 rares. however, demand is iffy. some users will give a slight underpay/its value due to its demand, while others may over pay and give you more due to malks having decent demand.

Bridgy1234 wrote:
acentric ♥ wrote:

2008-10-11

does anyone know what this guy is worth? ive had him sitting around for a while cuz i dont want to undertrade anything for it <:o

Don’t know much on value in pets but value in c$ is 50-60. At least that’s what it was last few times I’ve traded for them

these guys are technically worth the three month rule, but i have seen them go up to a low advent to a mid advent depending on who you trade, but demand is up to you. (i would get a second opinion as everyone values these pets differently)

haylin wrote:I can't figure out how to put an image here....it's not what it used to be haha But how much is the Robot rat grom the space event 2016 worth? Is it really worth '09 rares?

there are four of them so i am unsure of which one you mean, but they all are worth the three month rule. any demand is between you and whoever you trade with.

Blue_Aussie wrote:How much are the slepniers worth each?

Brown sleipnir is worth 2-2.5 nons
purple sleipnir is worth 2 MA's

simplydriftingalong wrote:
How much is the racecar spider worth?
I'm offering 30 pets in this group for it; am I undervaluing said spider?

this pet is called the bumblebee spider and has been going for 2-3 MA's.

The pets in your group would be worth about 2-2.5 MA's (if i added up correctly) so it would fall in the range the spider is worth. (I recommend getting a second opinion on this one)

ceborat wrote:Hey guys,
I returned this year after a long break. And I was surprised when I saw, that most of recent Store Pets turn out to be rare. And I kind of wondered if there is a difference in their worth? Logically a very rare Store pet must be worth more than a rare one from the same year, right? But why does it say every „2020 store pet is worth a mid/late 2010 pet“.
I haven’t read anywhere about this... I wanted to check if I didn’t miss something.
Thanks in advance (:

it typically goes by all storepets released in the same year are worth the same (assuming they don't have a higher demand than the others)

so any 2020 store pet would be worth a mid-late '10 rare
.crossfire.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lennie » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:07 am

Aaaaaa~ my timing is terrible, I had typed out these responses at the same time lol
    I am going to supplement some of my own answers on top of @ .crossfire.'s for a few of these questions

acentric ♥ wrote:

2008-10-11

The Red Heavy Stripe October first turned very rare in September 2011 x - by purely rarity, the pet would be a fair swap for other pets which turned very rare at a similar time including the Light Leopard Dog, Christmas Tree Advent, and Purple Sleipnir x
    While there does not appear to be successful trade evidence for the pet specifically, the pet is likely worth more than what it generally trades for when considering specifics of rarity - for those who utilize the Condensed Rarity List, the pet is placed alongside other MA pets by its rarity date x
    If treated as a general pet without the specifics noted above, as it often likely is in trades, the pet would be worth the three month rule or the same as a normal '08 very rare [2 '09 rares + 1 '10 rare]

haylin wrote:I can't figure out how to put an image here....it's not what it used to be haha But how much is the Robot rat grom the space event 2016 worth? Is it really worth '09 rares?

The Green Robot Rat is a bit of an odd pet as it was very rare since the time of its release. I'm going to quote a small explanation to its rarity based value from Horror here [taken from the Condensed Rarity List]
Horror wrote:
Honorable Mention:
Green Robot Rat

This list contains pets that turned vr July 2013 or before. Between then and when this rat got it's rarity in August 2016, only 4 other non-store pets turned vr, and the rat was very rare upon release.
Though it came out a bit too recently to know where it stands among these list pets and could potentially be worth a little less than octobers, still based off that information,
this rat is likely worth more than almost every vr on cs that ISN'T already included on this list, at the very least.

Given the value considered in this context is based purely off of rarity data for the pet, it is hard to place its value - however, it is likely that the pet is worth more than it has been traded for in the past
    Successful trade evidence for the pet is very limited, but there is on successful trade for a zodiac dog x, which is worth noting trades for around ~1-2+ '09 rares depending on the user's demand values

ceborat wrote:Hey guys,
Thanks in advance (:

Hiya! A user actually previously asked a similar question in the past and I'm going to quote my answer real quick before adding to it~
Lennie wrote:
    this is actually a really solid question, the majority of the information shared about store pet values is a blanket statement of the year of the store pet's release (up through 2014-2015 releases, anything older is determined on a more pet-by-pet basis) regardless of rare versus very rare and by those statements a 2018 store pet is valued at a late 2009 rare as you've mentioned
    /snip/
    from what I can tell there hasn't been any kind of major consensus or discussion on this (I may be wrong, this may be a well-discussed topic that I have missed ^^; )
    /snip/
    from what I can gather, the rare/very rare discrepancy between store pets is less obtrusive than in normal release pets - with the base value being the one most commonly shared (in this case it would be a late 2009 rare - early 2010 rare) and any adjusted value being determined by trading partners

I generally think it may be worthwhile to have a discussion open to the community at some point regarding this, but it also seems as though most people roll with the difference between rare/very rare store pets with other factors influencing their preferences between store pets more than the rarity tags themselves. It is also worth noting that since so much of the store pet trading market is driven by demand to begin with (considering here the inflated value of pets such as the Raven and the PPS Dragoncat), the rarity tags seem to serve as more of a baseline marker than a firm value the way it does for general release pets. I do think it would be interesting to see how the conversation would change if a store pet were to ever go uncommon - but given the numbers of adopted store pets in recent days only resulting in rare pets, it would likely take a significantly higher number of adoptions than the site has ever seen to achieve an uncommon store pet.
    Ultimately, as it stands, trading advice for store pets seems to go based off year of release of the store pet more than the specific rarity tag itself. ^^
|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|2.
|x|x|x┌─────────────┐
|x|x|x|x|they / he | trades
|x|x|x||||||||||||||cs help
|x|x|x└─────────────┘
|x|x|||"the hunt is everything,
|xand the pack is always ready
"
Lennie
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Glitchtalelover » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:37 pm

How much is this pet worth?
Pet's name: Firestar
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Hi I’m glitchtalelover
I love the sunback dog and hope to get one one day
https://huggle.jdf2.org/hug/Glitchtalelover

Also if I’m offline and you wanna trade just send the trade and I’ll reply to it when I come back on
Glitchtalelover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosario. » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:19 pm

Hello, can anyone tell me what this pet is called as well as what it's worth?
I want to start putting away pets to offer as a trade for one if I ever get the chance but I'm not sure where to even begin so far as it's value.
I know that it's a 2013 very rare store pet, but I know that demand also plays into a pet's worth.
I just generally find the values a bit confusing so I'm unsure haha.

██
██ ▌

██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌

Trans ftm || He/him