The 'How much is this pet worth in C$?' Thread!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The 'How much is this pet worth in C$?' Thread!

Postby W0LF » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:09 am

W0LFkiss wrote:
FOUND VERDICT wrote:
^^

just throwing in that i've seen several trades recently with the 2012 store pets going for 200 C$ each, so at least 250C$ seems pretty reasonable for an 2011 one. especially since their list placement never made any sense to begin with in my opinion.

listpets tend to go for a more than their listed prices on that thread anyways.

The trade in question:

W0LFkiss wrote:

The Forest Guardian store pets were on the now retired rares list as a T2 Advent.
According to the "How Much Is This Worth In C$" thread, a T2 Advent is technically worth about 70C$
(Although they often do go for more).

Their store pets are currently in the store:
20C$ each, or 60 C$ if you buy the whole set.
With the additional 200C$
This seems like a decent offer.

Do keep in mind that store pets value goes up over time, & the older store pets are very sought after as there are fewer of them available.

Recent trade evidence:
2020-02-02
* Has been a member since 2011
I think they have some experience.

So... the trade evidence I've provided, goes very much against "the pet no longer trades for its list placement", & what others are being "told".

However, for the sake of productivity / in topic of this thread, as you can see others are offing advice that a 2011 store pet is currently being valued at about 250C$ & a 2012 store pet is currently being valued at about 200C$...

So the idea of lowering the C$ increments just doesn't make sense to me.

Isn't this thread intended to provide a ballpark C$ value, so people have some idea of what is considered "fair" & suggest an idea of what C$ amount to offer in order to have successful trades?

My point is simply that if others claiming the values on this thread are already inaccurate, it wouldn't make sense to suggest an even lower C$ value.
Last edited by W0LF on Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

W0LF

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:15 am

^ I couldn't really see why the big blow up honestly, sure they might have been able to get more C$ wise for a forest guardian (though I personally wouldn't pay more), but all things considered it was a decent C$ offer. But it's actually the non-list store pet prices I'm really talking about since everyone knows the list store pets were misplaced both rarity and demand wise.

The last store pets were 15C$ when they were in the store, the current ones are actually back up to 20C$. I also think it's worth mentioning the monkeys turned VR despite being sold for less so rarity wise now that they are retired their value should be worth the same as normal.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The_wise_bagel » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:02 pm

How much would a blue sorb go for?

I do not trade, please don't send me them! However my pound is OPEN if you'd like to adopt :)

Queer, any/all 🇨🇦🇰🇷

Just a guy who digs comics
The_wise_bagel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:37 am

Long post ahead!

As far as list pricing and such, no I will not be touching that or adjusting that. The list is discontinued and yes, very outdated. The prices are outdated and will not be updated because there is no point to trying to update a broken system. Especially since it is, as I said, discontinued.

This also means the older store pets that were on the list will not be getting updated C$ pricing unless a huge discussion could happen on this thread of a general consensus of worth. They’ll continue to say what it does about doing some research on them. =)
I did miss what you said as far as that goes lil rascal so I highly appreciate you quoting that and starting discussion on it. Because of how store pets are I very much agree but had not heard but maybe two people actually give an opinion.

As for the other rares and uncommons, those were updated so this thread isn’t ‘outdated’ like people try to claim. It’s updated aside from the old list. It may be less than what a lot of the FTT tries to claim (or how people are trying to go by nons worth and saying a pet that is ‘worth’ 2 nons is 2000C$ And so on) but that’s demand and FTT which from what many have said and say the FTT isn’t very reliable itself. The FTT hasn’t been a source of good reliable info for a few years. I also want to add the FTT has always tried to throw out or claim that this thread, the list when it was updated, and other threads are ‘inaccurate’ so I’d take that with a grain of salt.

So at this point I’m going to go ahead and update the store pets pricing as per usual and if anyone objects or has an opinion please post! Please input why! I really would appreciate it. I’m not the only one running this thread. I talk via pm and discord with many many users and so it’s not just me to have input.

Also remember these points:
- before I got this thread it wasn’t updated for a couple of years. Perhaps even longer. So a couple months into 2020 not having the store pet pricing because Im trying to get as much consensus as possible does not make this thread outdated.
- The new store pets for 2020 only just came out this month. Technically that means the store pet pricing wouldn’t have been updated until this month anyways. Since I’ve owned it I just try to make sure everything is updated sometime within the first week of January.
- C$ prices didn’t actually raise every year before aside from adding in new store pets from my recollection.
- I’m human and because this is such a largely used thread I do not want to be the one to have only say on here. I just took ownership so that I could make sure it gets updated without going a couple years without an update.
- I also suffer from migraines and some chronic health problems, so if i miss something please please quote it here or pm me. (Thank you lil rascal! (= )
Last edited by ElementalInsanity on Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rawrsaystherat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:37 am

2011 rare tophat bat?? TwT
this b empty
yeet
rawrsaystherat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:02 am

Thanks so much for updating that and replying EI :thumbup:

I agree with you about people trying to price according to how many nons a pet is 'worth' not being the ones to listen to about this threads accuracy. It seems to only be a very small number of people though as I have seen a lot of higher ex-lists lately go for roughly, if not exactly, what is suggested here (some I've even bought myself when I had the funds). Sadly those people tend to be the most vocal though as the rest of us can't be bothered getting into an argument about it (the whole reason I very very rarely bother to reply in the ftt or pet worth threads even when I have the time).

Another thing I find interesting is that there are still some in the ftt giving advice that C$ is 'low demand'/'hard to trade' when if you look around more people are wanting C$ or offsite these days than anything else :lol: I do feel a bit sorry for people talked out of taking a trade they like due to that fallacy.

P.S. I'm sorry to hear about your migraines and other health problems :( I suffer migraines occasionally too and they really are awful, I can definitely sympathise with anyone who has them frequently

Looking for WL trades!

lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:25 am

That’s one of the big things, I think most of us are tired of trying to discuss or argue our view (I know I am and that’s why I don’t look at the FTT anymore lol) and so the opinions of many aren’t heard regarding demand, rarity, C$ worth, etc.

Gosh I know. I even came across that a couple years ago when I was actively ‘buying’ pets with C$ for my collection. C$ is greatly undervalued while still being widely used and demanded. ^^

And thank you! I’m sorry you also suffer from migraines too! It is awful. >_<
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:14 pm

I definitely agree that as most of us just don't want the grief of the ftt there is a lot of opinions and information which is not shared.

Funnily enough a few years ago it was harder (but not really that difficult) to find people willing to sell rares + and lists for C$ than it is now. C$ actually seems to be more valued by many and in demand a lot more these days, I think some people just haven't updated their advice/opinions. Maybe they don't trade C$ themselves or just don't want the competition in the market ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Looking for WL trades!

lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sock! » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:30 pm

I need a C$ opinion for offering on this realistically c:
Sock!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Misty » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:42 pm

Sock! wrote:Image

I need a C$ opinion for offering on this realistically c:

These typically go for 200/250C$ very easily.
LIGHTS OFF!
I give valuable gifts for LOLO. Please come knock! ♡

Treats: 88
Tricks: 0

Best Treat Rarity Given: OMGSR
Lowest Treat Rarity Given: Rare
4 OMGSR Treated so far!

~Misty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery