Ask the Staff!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Ask the Staff!

Postby peachypunk » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:08 am

To all: How do you decide pet and item designs for each release and who gets to design them, whether it’s just a general monthly release or event release?
peachypunk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:14 pm

Strange_Atoms wrote:What's your favorite lineart, either pet-wise or to work with?

my favourite lineart in general is the butterfly wolf, but i've only ever worked with the cat lineart :)

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MinniHowl » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:46 am

Artists: are all stages of a litter done before the monthly release, or can they be worked on before their scheduled release/growth date? (If you can’t answer this that’s fine, I’m just curious!)

★★★★
Forever new, bear with me.
I want one copy of every pet on this site!
★★★★

Image Image
Image Image

Join the Discord server!
MinniHowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:26 am

Strange_Atoms wrote:What's your favorite lineart, either pet-wise or to work with?

I love the PPS bunny, PPS cat and BW lines the most! :>
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fjshbone » Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:12 pm

hello! so i’m aware of the staff litters that drop every september, but i was wondering if the cat litters in june are also considered as such? i’ve never known and wanted to ask! thanks so much :)
junie . they/them
" ashes to ashes, dust to dust. "
adult / lesbian / artist
fjshbone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lennie » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:06 am

fjshbone wrote:hello! so i’m aware of the staff litters that drop every september, but i was wondering if the cat litters in june are also considered as such? i’ve never known and wanted to ask! thanks so much :)

Hiya! The cat litters in June are known as the General Helper (GH) Litter ^^
    They are similar in nature to the September staff litter but are created by members of the General Helper team. Magen has put together a wonderful resource on both the GH litters and the staff litters if you would like to read more about them!
|x|x|x┌─────────────┐
|x|x|x|x|they / he | trades
|x|x|x||||||||||||||cs help
|x|x|x└─────────────┘
|x|x|||"the hunt is everything,
|xand the pack is always ready
"
Lennie
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FleshCanvas » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:25 pm

I've found for me it depends more on how well the design I decided on suits the lineart I'm trying to work with-
Things like Dogs, otters, lions, pony, deer etc are all easy to work with because they don't have a tonne of overlapping limbs & have a nice surface area to draw on, as opposed to the snakes, east dragons, cats, unicorn, horse etc which have one or more areas of overlap.

The most fun I've had with pets I've worked with though have been these litters I think;
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

And my most favourite line arts! (to look at) -
Lions, West dragon, Deer, Snakes, Otters, Macaws (actually the list keeps going)

Butterfly wolves are a nightmare for me to work with if you ever see me release BWs it's a rarity
FleshCanvas
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faygeleh » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:02 pm

on the artsy side of things - has there ever been a theme/color palette/event/etc that y'all have struggled to make a design for? maybe not even a bad struggle, but something that pushed you outside of your comfort zone?
🐾 ⚧️⚣✡ - HE/HIM - TRADE 🐾

BDS, bdnaash, JVFP, Help Palestine,
Daily clicks for Palestine (and more),
Ecosia, 4Ocean, Tom's shoes

faygeleh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Codex » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:14 pm

faygeleh wrote:
    on the artsy side of things - has there ever been a theme/color palette/event/etc that y'all have struggled to make a design for? maybe not even a bad struggle, but something that pushed you outside of your comfort zone?

The camping event, I do better with fictional themes so this was a struggle for me. I kept to drawing items that were easy and standard in most camping trips.

Pet designs were the ones that pushed me out of my comfort zone, I experimented quite a fair bit for it. Tess Dragon chest scale + overall colour palette, Fox crystal horns + feather colours, BW wings color palette. These were attempted design I wasn’t sure if they would look good.
Codex
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MissionFlight » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:35 am

faygeleh wrote:

I actually struggle a bit with designing pets for advent to be honest!
I love advent but I just get conflicted about what to make. I want to create pets that everyone can enjoy (not just those who celebrate Christmas) and also pets that can be enjoyed all year and aren’t just strictly “holiday” pets.
Not that I won’t make some holiday pets too, I just want to make sure at least one of my releases can be more for everyone and that can be challenging sometimes!
MissionFlight
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me